Thread: Old fool from this Parish visiting Oz

Bike
    BMW R1200GS hexhead.Suzuki DR650K6,CT110

Old fool from this Parish visiting Oz

Hi folks - having just begun refirement (yes that's intentional) at the beginning of July; I got me a trusty DR in Melbourne and headed off along the GOR for South Australia where I've been about 9 days.

En route I've met some great folk - fellow ADV riders - they're tops; other grey nomads like me and just ordinary folks going about their everyday lives.

Today I'm in the historic mining town of Burra - a lot like Arrowtown on a bigger scale in my view

Those of you that know me are aware of my passion for the Molesworth & Rainbow Stations - well now I'd add to that the Public Access Roads (PARs) that cross the huge stations over here.

I've been fortunate to stumble across a Postie Bike Challenge here in SA - a fundraiser for the local Cancer Society - I'd be thrilled if you'd consider supporting this worthwhile endeavour by making a donation. The local Apex Clubs (like Lions or Jaycees in NZ) are loaning me a Postie Bike for this 1000km event, I've paid my $A400 entry and am currently trying to raise the minimum $A500 in donations.

My fundraising page is here http://www.mycause.com.au/page/79440...tersoatley1214

My ride report - evolving is here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=994062

Kind regards Aslan aka Oaters (yeah I know - confused) - either way 'go well folks!'
    those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind..

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    Go Stephen !!

Bike

I've created a blog of my travels

My inspiration to do this travel came from Clint & Rosies 5 week sojourn in Aus back in 2009, also Phil & Dawn's various travels - countless others to on ADV - this little jaunt for myself is a kind of substitute for otherwise doing the TAT - as someone who suffers from Menieres I was concerned what affect the altitudes in Mechanics Pass etc would have on me.

My blog is located at adventurousoaters.wordpress.com

Cheers Oaters er Alsan on here

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Don't stuff yourself up getting to the start of the ride!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Don't stuff yourself up getting to the start of the ride!
    Cheers Fran - conscious you're right - the pre event briefing is at Port Augusta this time next week - event begins following day Thursday. So have reached Wyalla on my way back from the Top of the Bight a week ago, I'm taking time to smell the roses and trying to conserve my rear E07 to get me back to Melbourne after the event.

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    Looks like Stephen has knocked off the Postie Ride: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=135

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Well done Stephen.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike

Thumbs up thanks for looking

Cheers Pals - XF650 and Merv, Nordie also - just got home last night from Melbourne

Will add to Postie Bike RR over on ADVhttp://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1006929&highlight=apex+postie and complete my RRhttp://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=994062&highlight=oaters as time permits - now I'm retired, my wife expects to see some stuff done around our home and garden

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Stoked to hear all went well and you had a blast. 100k+ raised, brilliant result! Great pics so far mate, looking forward to the rest

Cheers

Josh
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Thread Information