Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Protest, 1 September, Wellington

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    It's called PILLION, most bikes have them......

EPIC FAIL!
    I'm not riding bitch for the likes of this shit.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    i wont be moaning in a pub. Ill be riding illegally.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Explain... you don't pay who what? your rego? what a tough guy.
    Actually Maha, akzle is right, he examples what I said earlier about the 'rebel biker' mentality.

He does what benifit's HIM, fuck everyone else!

As I also said, one day HE will be sitting in a bar, rotting on about how he WAS a rebel biker before they were legislated out of existence,,,,, and it was never because he was a selfish JEW C***, which is what his favourite catchphrase.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I'm not riding bitch for the likes of this shit.
    Then stop moaning in here like one then........
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    If for no other reason not to go, my bike has no reg or wof. Should I still have gone?
    I know you Drew and I know you mean well. Not angry about this either, just sitting here shooting from hip as I see it.

If non registration is was the unanimous way then Yes you should have and so should I have!
    BUT everyone else should have a non registered bike as well (but warranted) and there's the rub.
    If 50-100 bikes turn up they'll ticket everyone
    But if 5000 unregistered bikes turn up it gets to big!!
    If they ticket everyone the other 4999 turn up and protest every court case and the system will be screwed.
    Bearing in mind there's 100,000 registered bikes?? Did I read here? (say 50,000 road worthy??)
    What is it, a $200 ticket-20 demerits and a bit of time devoted, not a big ask really (if your a hard arsed biker that is).

Then the keyboard warriors on here that say lobbying is the way.
    Can Lobby with properly thought out plan, facts and figures with some actual backing from the protest numbers instead of shooting blanks.
    Imagine if you could get that 5000 to join an organisation at $20 bucks each (2 packets of fags or two drinks) thats 100K.
    Thats up to two full time researchers? Then we may get the message through??
    Then we may have some slim chance of turning ACC back into no fault or at least get a sizable reduction?

But it wont happen because it needs everyone, hard arsed bikers just aren't hard arsed enough!

PS back to work thats another 1/2 hour I wont get back LOL
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Actually Maha, akzle is right, he examples what I said earlier about the 'rebel biker' mentality.

As I also said, one day HE will be sitting in a bar, rotting on about how he WAS a rebel biker before they were legislated out of existence,,,,, and it was never because he was a selfish JEW C***, which is what his favourite catchphrase.
    what's hilarious is that you censor cunt, or cock, but not j*w

find me someone i agree with and i will support them

and, as previously said, no, legislation doesn't concern me much, i ignore most of it, most of the time

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I think, bottom line is the momentum from the bikeoi ran out, for whatever reason. It won't be back for anything less than another large increase. Many of us recognise that and have simply stopped paying rego as an individual protest.

I'm not saying give up, but I don't think it realistic to think that protest action against the govt is an effective way forward. Perhaps 150 bikers protesting against our so called reps on motonz would have been a better option. I mean seriously, how many MSLs have those fuckers accumulated now and done fuck all with? #boganstillneedsnewgloves
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I know you Drew and I know you mean well. Not angry about this either, just sitting here shooting from hip as I see it.

If non registration is was the unanimous way then Yes you should have and so should I have!
    BUT everyone else should have a non registered bike as well (but warranted) and there's the rub.
    If 50-100 bikes turn up they'll ticket everyone
    But if 5000 unregistered bikes turn up it gets to big!!
    If they ticket everyone the other 4999 turn up and protest every court case and the system will be screwed.
    Bearing in mind there's 100,000 registered bikes?? Did I read here? (say 50,000 road worthy??)
    What is it, a $200 ticket-20 demerits and a bit of time devoted, not a big ask really (if your a hard arsed biker that is).

Then the keyboard warriors on here that say lobbying is the way.
    Can Lobby with properly thought out plan, facts and figures with some actual backing from the protest numbers instead of shooting blanks.
    Imagine if you could get that 5000 to join an organisation at $20 bucks each (2 packets of fags or two drinks) thats 100K.
    Thats up to two full time researchers? Then we may get the message through??
    Then we may have some slim chance of turning ACC back into no fault or at least get a sizable reduction?

But it wont happen because it needs everyone, hard arsed bikers just aren't hard arsed enough!

PS back to work thats another 1/2 hour I wont get back LOL
    if that took you half an hour, then i'm not voting you to get 50k to "research" and "lobby"

fun fact: nothing has ever been accomplished by being nice to the government.

the largest problem, is that we don't all have one problem. ie. i dont pay rego, gray doesn't like that because he feels some kind of societal obligation. so he pays ACC and shit. would he find the testes to not pay it and still ride if he had 4999 people holding his hand(bag)? maybe.

nothing will get a jew's attention like you not making/giving it money.

Bike
    Its a Boat

He contributes to the wider tax pool by way of cigarette/fuel tax etc, nothing rebellious about NOT paying for a vehicle registration.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    He contributes to the wider tax pool by way of cigarette/fuel tax etc, nothing rebellious about NOT paying for a vehicle registration.
    unfortunately, yes, while i minimise the amount of jewgold/ promissory notes/ currency i use, i still use some, and that has been taxed before i get it, and (unless i'm buying weed or stolen goods) taxed again when i spend it.

vote akzle - RBNZ will be taken over by bluebird, and the national currency will be chips.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Not paying bike rego in your case Wakzle (and I suspect many others) is primarily about affordability, nothing to do with the 'sticking it to ACC' bullshit line.
    Anne and myself are collectively against the levy amount enforced upon us but still had all four vehicles that we owned registered, because we could afford it. Haven't paid a tobacco tax in years, that came down to affordability, so keep it up, the Govt' needs the likes of you, either way, they win.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    oh no son, i COULD afford to pay it. i choose not to. my "sticking it to the man" extends far beyond not paying CVL.
    (and i make much use of my close friends and allies what travel internationally - y'know, duty free)

yes - the jewvernement do get some cash from my existence, but only because they're jews, and invented "money", and for some stupid reason, people still think it's worth anything...

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Buggered if I'm putting my hand up again to waste my valuable time and risk being possibly arrested on protests when no else gives a flying fuck.
    WORD! I was actually looking forward to getting into serious trouble last time. Scuppered!

I think some of us come from different backgrounds really. I can remember taking part in a sit-in, among other things, on the field at High School to make the PTB allow the boys to wear their hair long if it was tied back like the girls. Equality and all that.

Power in numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    GSX1300R
    I'm not sure it is a case of not caring. I don't support this particular approach.

Buggered if I'm putting my hand up again to waste my valuable time and risk being possibly arrested on protests when no else gives a flying fuck.

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i protest in a way far more benificial to me.
    I dont pay the cunts.
    I get that this is a way of personal protest that may work for many bikers, but for me - the main reason that I do pay rego has nothing to do with abiding by road user law. It has everything to do with being able to make a claim if I arse off and fuck my bike beyond my wallets capabilities. One assumes that in not paying for reg that you also don't bother wasting your money on insurance?

For this, and this reason alone, my bike is reg and wof all year round. Do I agree with the cost...? Fuck no, but its far more affordable than finding several thousand dollars to repair / replace should anything happen.

I guess if lobbying, protesting, public disturbance and refusal to pay 'the cunts' haven't worked then we may as well accept that unless someone has a new and radical idea... we are pretty much stuck with the exorbitant costs associated with our pastime.
    www.albeephoto.blogspot.com

DuuuuuCaaaaaaTiiiiiiiiiiii

Thread Information