Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Protest, 1 September, Wellington

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I get that this is a way of personal protest that may work for many bikers, but for me - the main reason that I do pay rego has nothing to do with abiding by road user law. It has everything to do with being able to make a claim if I arse off and fuck my bike beyond my wallets capabilities. One assumes that in not paying for reg that you also don't bother wasting your money on insurance?

For this, and this reason alone, my bike is reg and wof all year round. Do I agree with the cost...? Fuck no, but its far more affordable than finding several thousand dollars to repair / replace should anything happen.

I guess if lobbying, protesting, public disturbance and refusal to pay 'the cunts' haven't worked then we may as well accept that unless someone has a new and radical idea... we are pretty much stuck with the exorbitant costs associated with our pastime.
    Cool story, but having a registration or not has no bearing on an insurance claim.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Cool story, but having a registration or not has no bearing on an insurance claim.
    When the heck did you learn to read and comprehend. Must be time for you to leave KB?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I get that this is a way of personal protest that may work for many bikers, but for me - the main reason that I do pay rego has nothing to do with abiding by road user law. It has everything to do with being able to make a claim if I arse off and fuck my bike beyond my wallets capabilities. One assumes that in not paying for reg that you also don't bother wasting your money on insurance?
    If you'll just tell me which insurance company it is that refuses to cover bikes not currently licenced I'll take them off my list of companies I deal with.

If I could be fucked I'd also look into the specific legalities of any such exclusion in an insurance contract.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Um... ok. So you reckon that if you have an accident on your unregistered bike (ergo - shouldn't be on the road in the first place) that your insurance company is going to pay out? Good luck old chap - I don't think I will be taking that particular risk.
    www.albeephoto.blogspot.com

DuuuuuCaaaaaaTiiiiiiiiiiii

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Um... ok. So you reckon that if you have an accident on your unregistered bike (ergo - shouldn't be on the road in the first place) that your insurance company is going to pay out? Good luck old chap - I don't think I will be taking that particular risk.
    Again, which insurance company do you know of that's declined a claim in such circumstances?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    If you'll just tell me which insurance company it is that refuses to cover bikes not currently licenced I'll take them off my list of companies I deal with.

If I could be fucked I'd also look into the specific legalities of any such exclusion in an insurance contract.
    I would be very surprised if any insurance company would cover you for an accident on a bike that wasn't fully road legal. If its not registered then it technically shouldn't be on the road.

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Again, which insurance company do you know of that's declined a claim in such circumstances?
    I would suggest that you just check with your own current provider for peace of mind. I don't see any insurance company going "oh you crashed your non road legal bike while riding on the road - sure, heres your money". But if you know different then power to you.

Bike
    a red heap
    I would suggest that you just check with your own current provider for peace of mind. I don't see any insurance company going "oh you crashed your non road legal bike while riding on the road - sure, heres your money". But if you know different then power to you.
    Clearly you are too retarded to take your own advice and actually ask an insurance company.

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Clearly you are too retarded to take your own advice and actually ask an insurance company.
    Hey wow, heres an idea - lets take this to a personal level and call each other names like real children! Nice one nodrog.

I am not interested in asking that question as I don't need to. My bike remains registered as I am not interested in finding out post accident that they look for any little reason not to pay out (as many insurance companies do).

The people who need to ask that question are those taking that risk. And if they still get paid out then good on them. All I am saying is Im not willing to take the risk... if thats a crime and makes me a "retard" then a retard I am.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I know you Drew and I know you mean well. Not angry about this either, just sitting here shooting from hip as I see it.

If non registration is was the unanimous way then Yes you should have and so should I have!
    BUT everyone else should have a non registered bike as well (but warranted) and there's the rub.
    If 50-100 bikes turn up they'll ticket everyone
    But if 5000 unregistered bikes turn up it gets to big!!
    If they ticket everyone the other 4999 turn up and protest every court case and the system will be screwed.
    Bearing in mind there's 100,000 registered bikes?? Did I read here? (say 50,000 road worthy??)
    What is it, a $200 ticket-20 demerits and a bit of time devoted, not a big ask really (if your a hard arsed biker that is).

Then the keyboard warriors on here that say lobbying is the way.
    Can Lobby with properly thought out plan, facts and figures with some actual backing from the protest numbers instead of shooting blanks.
    Imagine if you could get that 5000 to join an organisation at $20 bucks each (2 packets of fags or two drinks) thats 100K.
    Thats up to two full time researchers? Then we may get the message through??
    Then we may have some slim chance of turning ACC back into no fault or at least get a sizable reduction?

But it wont happen because it needs everyone, hard arsed bikers just aren't hard arsed enough!

PS back to work thats another 1/2 hour I wont get back LOL
    Nail on the head, the hard arsed bikers are not hard arsed enough, to all pull together in one direction.
    Yes my bike is rego'ed, as stated by another, in CASE my insurance uses it as a loophole to extricate themselves from paying out. I wont risk having to find about 15k if they refuse to repair my bike.
    As far as I am concerned I would much prefer an organised, concerted effort of BOTH civil 'disobedience' as well as lobby and discredit. However, getting the keyboard warriors, hard arsed bikers, etc to all get on the same page?
    I think you'd have more likelihood of 'flying Porcine' airways.

Sadly, would you credit it, there was a ruddy popo at Parliament, handing out ticket(s)... think the one I saw being issued was for an illegal number plate.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    the hard arsed bikers are not hard arsed enough, to all pull together in one direction...
    However, getting the keyboard warriors, hard arsed bikers, etc to all get on the same page?
    and what page/direction is that greyballs?
    What is the ONE issue we will all agree on? and the ONE method we will ALL use to affect change?

Also, proof it ever worked.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Hey wow, heres an idea - lets take this to a personal level and call each other names like real children! Nice one nodrog.

I am not interested in asking that question as I don't need to. My bike remains registered as I am not interested in finding out post accident that they look for any little reason not to pay out (as many insurance companies do).

The people who need to ask that question are those taking that risk. And if they still get paid out then good on them. All I am saying is Im not willing to take the risk... if thats a crime and makes me a "retard" then a retard I am.
    Actually I can tell you first hand that not having current rego did not stop my insurance from paying out. As was said, rego has nothing to do with the safety of the motor vehicle. wof is another story. Rego is just a road tax, not safety issue.
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Nada

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Actually I can tell you first hand that not having current rego did not stop my insurance from paying out. As was said, rego has nothing to do with the safety of the motor vehicle. wof is another story. Rego is just a road tax, not safety issue.
    What this bloke said

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I second this. I haven't read the whole thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Bike
    a red heap

Yes you are correct, you are a retard.

Thread Information