Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: ACC Protest, 1 September, Wellington

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Yes you are correct, you are a retard.
    Or somebody willing to pay their share, whether it's fair or not.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Or somebody willing to pay their share, whether it's fair or not.
    Thats what I said.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Thats what I said.
    Fair enough, be sure to tell the ambos that you've opted out of ACC coverage if you come off your bike tho
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    R1, GSXR1000, VFR800, GB500. NSR250
    I checked with my insurer a while ago and I am covered - rego or no rego. What they are concerned about is roadworthy condition (I suspect most if not all insurers are). Hence, a fully rego'd and warranted motorcycle may not be covered if it has some defect (eg: worn tyres) that contributed to an accident. Even no WOF and no rego is not a valid reason for insurers to opt out of paying as long as there was nothing wrong with the bike that contributed to the accident. There are a multitude of reference cases in this regard.

Personally, I would have no qualms about not paying rego, I already pay it on my car anyway. I also have private health insurance and income protection, so would not be a liability to ACC medium term.

I don't have rego on my trackbike either, I have no qualms about the ambulance taking me to hospital when I crash that either.

Bike
    a red heap
    Fair enough, be sure to tell the ambos that you've opted out of ACC coverage if you come off your bike tho
    Yeah cos if you havnt paid your rego you won't get medical attention.

your not in Kansas now dorkalitis.

Bike
    Dog Rooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy View Post
    ... I also have private health insurance and income protection, so would not be a liability to ACC medium term..
    Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Your insurer will be looking for someone else to pay up first. So if the thing that causes a claim on your health and/or income protection policies is an accident, I'd bet a fair wedge that ACC would indeed be footing the bill.

Bike
    Mine
    He needn't worry. By way of extortion those of us that are registered are collectively paying their share.

No there's a thought. All those that are riding unregistered should pay what they feel is a reasonable ACC fee to the rest of us.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy View Post
    I checked with my insurer a while ago and I am covered - rego or no rego. What they are concerned about is roadworthy condition (I suspect most if not all insurers are). Hence, a fully rego'd and warranted motorcycle may not be covered if it has some defect (eg: worn tyres) that contributed to an accident. Even no WOF and no rego is not a valid reason for insurers to opt out of paying as long as there was nothing wrong with the bike that contributed to the accident. There are a multitude of reference cases in this regard.

Personally, I would have no qualms about not paying rego, I already pay it on my car anyway. I also have private health insurance and income protection, so would not be a liability to ACC medium term.

I don't have rego on my trackbike either, I have no qualms about the ambulance taking me to hospital when I crash that either.
    People have a weird perception that "Private Health Insurance" gives them some sort of "choice" in treatment. If you have an accident and go to the Hospital or Dr initially, TOO LATE, you're already being paid for by ACC. There are no private hospitals with an ED. ANy and all treatment costs are covered, in full, by ACC once that injury is lodged with them. Any and ALL private practitioners will boost their income by using your ACC claim to help pay for any course of treatment provided by them. It's how the system is geared to work. You have little to no say in how your medium term treatment is managed and how the treatment provider is paid, unless you choose to go with some sort of magical fu instead of accepted medical practice.

The only way to avoid going on ACC's books is to not seek treatment after an injury accident.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    and what page/direction is that greyballs?
    What is the ONE issue we will all agree on? and the ONE method we will ALL use to affect change?

Also, proof it ever worked.
    Not quite correct,grey hair? Yup certainly old enough to have had that for a 'few' years, not quite got 'grey balls' yet though sonny.

One day YOU may come up with something constructive to add to a thread, but I'm not holding my breath. You get off on being a twat.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    stjohn, userpays what?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    He needn't worry. By way of extortion those of us that are registered are collectively paying their share.

No there's a thought. All those that are riding unregistered should pay what they feel is a reasonable ACC fee to the rest of us.
    Who says we don't? I still pay my van rego...

User pays is so old hat anyway, lets just go to crasher pays, that'll put the bill exactly where the cost is; fuck em if that subset of society can't afford to pay right? it's not me who is in it./sarc
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Not quite correct,grey hair? Yup certainly old enough to have had that for a 'few' years, not quite got 'grey balls' yet though sonny.

One day YOU may come up with something constructive to add to a thread, but I'm not holding my breath. You get off on being a twat.
    good answer.

o. wait.
    no,
    ...it wasn't,
    because it wasn't an answer at all.

perhaps if you ever DO work it out, we (you and me, buddy ) can move the "protest" forward

until then, you pay. i wont. you begrudge shit, i wont.

and while i do thoroughly enjoy twat, and twattery, i don't "get off" on the latter

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    You can go fuck yourself too. I am self employed. Got any idea how much I've paid in ACC premiums in the ten years that I have been, and never once had a work place accident?

I'm fully paid up mother fucker, make no fucken mistake. You'll be getting nothing from me.

This argument is a giant waste of time.

Oh yeah, on the insurance/registration debate. The wording of all insurers was changed late last century I think. Road worthy condition, or any defects mustn't be a factor in an accident. So non working tail lights and no WOF, doesn't get them off the hook if someone drives straight into the front of you because they were on the wrong side of the road.

Anything wrong with the vehicle must have a baring on the individual incident, or it is moot.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I'm fully paid up mother fucker, make no fucken mistake. You'll be getting nothing from me.
    And I wouldn't expect it. I did say "what they feel is a reasonable ACC fee". Obviously you consider what you pay on other vehicles is more than a reasonable fee. On that point I whole-heartedly agree.

And while I'm at it you can fuck off with your personal abuse. This is anything but constructive. Especially when I agree with you.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    And I wouldn't expect it. I did say "what they feel is a reasonable ACC fee". Obviously you consider what you pay on other vehicles is more than a reasonable fee. On that point I whole-heartedly agree.

And while I'm at it you can fuck off with your personal abuse. This is anything but constructive. Especially when I agree with you.
    I wasn't abusing you, personally or otherwise. Mother fucker, is common lingo from me to all and sundry.

Thread Information