Thread: CF Moto NK650

Bike
    Trumpet

CF Moto NK650

Does anyone here own or know much about these bikes, I know the motor is almost a carbon copy of the Ninja, are they cheap and nasty or value for money by not paying for the name ?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Everyone I know who has riden one has been very impressed although having said that they started with very low expectations.

Cheers

Bike
    Between bikes
    Saw a damn cool one in Wanaka that was white with digital camo graphics. Had to CarJam it to figure out what it was.

Looked them up and general concensus was - good value for money, but given that they are dirt cheap, there are certainly a few problems to be aware of.

Engine bolts snapping was the only serious thing, apparently you need to replace with proper high-tensile ones.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I'm tempted and have done lots of research and I'm gobsmacked by how many of them have developed faults that take them off the road for months at a time before they've done 2000kms. Fuel, ignition and ECU issues are the main problems and replacement units take months. In half a dozen cases more than 3 replacement ECUs haven't fixed an idle stumble and a top end miss. A couple of reports told of bodywork departing when riding, particularly the pods on either side of the fuel tank that hold the front indicators. When they are going, people are nothing but thrilled with them. They get very grumpy when their bike is off the road for months though.

There's one for sale in Greytown for very little coin, esp. taking age and km travelled into account, but the research I've done puts me off and makes me wonder if the person selling really did replace it with a scooter, or if they are still waiting for a replacement part to turn up.

I'm wondering about taking a punt anyway.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-769397368.htm
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    They appear to be a last generation Kawasaki ER6N with a few changes - wouldn't be surprised if the factory that made them in China just kept on churning them out after they updated to the latest one. They have Kayaba suspension, Magneti Marelli fuel injection with 2 oxygen sensors as opposed to one and all the bearings are of Japanese manufacture. The latest ones have Koso instrumentation and 4 pot front brake calipers. The only issue I've been aware of apart from fasteners becoming loose which let's face it can happen is the fuel level sensor in the tank failing, and they've all been replaced under warranty. Not bad buying at $8k brand new.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    The frame is different to an ER6 and the rear shock is centrally mounted. Welding is not Japanese quality but better than what I can do.

You need to broaden your search Sable. The stories I've collected have really put me off.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Trumpet
    Engine bolts snapping was the only serious thing, apparently you need to replace with proper high-tensile ones.

I just wonder if the 2014 models might have
    addressed those issues. I think I might buy the used T100.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Here is a link to a report of a ride around China on a 650TK CF Moto. Supposedly a world record of sorts.

http://www.thegreatrideofchina.com/
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    In other CF Moto news, this looks interesting. A 250 maxi-scooter for $4795.

People who buy scroters tend to have no shame so the Chinese thing might not be such a big deal. Does anyone know where to find sales/new registration figures for big scooters?

Thread Information