Thread: Supermoto wheels to fit a KLX650R?

Bike
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 600 SRAD

Supermoto wheels to fit a KLX650R?

Anyone know what sort of supermoto wheels that will fit on a KLX650R?
    currently has Excel takasago 17-21s on it. trade for supermoto wheels that will fit with as little hassle as possible?

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by inazuma1200 View Post
    Anyone know what sort of supermoto wheels that will fit on a KLX650R?
    currently has Excel takasago 17-21s on it. trade for supermoto wheels that will fit with as little hassle as possible?
    This may be of some help. I have a 2002 Yamaha XT 600, did not want the hassle of making up spacers and all the dramas to fit odd ball wheels to the bike, so went and bought an original front and rear hub, sent this to Shane King New plymouth (Performance Factory Ltd) not shure if they are still going, anyway Shane Spoked up a really nice set of Gold Talon 17in Rims, Runing a 160 rear max, and 120 front. Great concept spare set of wheels with easy change over, speedo runs 20klm out but thats no dramas. At a little more cost i had the hubs chromed as well. Hope you can get something sorted as doing this gives two good combinations of bikes to ride.
    cheers Russ

Bike
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 600 SRAD
    didnt think of that :P thanks

Bike
    Street tracker
    Don't think there are any direct swap/fit road wheels that will fit the KLX650R. CBR250RR front and VTR250 rear will fit, but you'll still need to machine the rear hub for a suitable bearing, and get spacers made up.

If I was doing it, I'd definitely go the same way as Russ. They look really smart with wire-spoked rims, too.

Thread Information