Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New (good) filtering law in Queensland. Time to push for similar here?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Catharsis mate well done, do you mind sharing what you put in the emails that got the Hon Twyford on the blower to you?
    If you write a proper letter with contact details about a genuine issue you'll be surprised, at the very least you'll get a reply from their official secretary.
    And he's done the best thing too, ALWAYS whether its a council/govt/workplace issue/complaint offer a solution as part of the letter, takes things to another level even if your offered solution is not viable.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...the working model should be based loosely around this attitude...
    Don't get me wrong: I split, I don't always sit strictly within existing laws or even the ones proposed by this petition but fuck me there were a few of those moves I found my self leaning away from danger.

That is exactly the type of lane splitting that gets the masses thinking it would be good traffic management tactic to let 4x4's push us over.
    (I have actually had people posit just that while in my company before people know I ride)

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    If you write a proper letter with contact details about a genuine issue you'll be surprised, at the very least you'll get a reply from their official secretary.
    To be fair it might be signed by the official secretary, or even the minister, but it is more than likely going to be written by some pleb at one of the agencies/ministries. I know, I was one of those plebs once and drafted quite a few ministerial responses. "Thank you for your interest in road safety" is such a good sign off line. Both appreciative and condescending in the same sentence.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    To be fair it might be signed by the official secretary, or even the minister, but it is more than likely going to be written by some pleb at one of the agencies/ministries. I know, I was one of those plebs once and drafted quite a few ministerial responses. "Thank you for your interest in road safety" is such a good sign off line. Both appreciative and condescending in the same sentence.
    To be expected, but at least something is in the system and has remote possibility of being actioned...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information