Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike or Brand?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    250 and under three suzukis, one honda, one kawasaki; 650 and under two hondas and a bmw.

Tends to be about price for me - wouldn't buy another bmw for example as there seemed to be a constant flow of money going on parts/servicing etc (though I did feel a certain pride of ownership more to do with the brand than the bike.) Almost always have buyer's remorse too - think I might tend to blame the bikes for my own foibles.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Bike......
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Don't like jappers, pasta eaters or sausage gobbelers. Apart from that as long as its from America or the UK is fine with me, or the tossers at Triumph NZ have anything to do with it.

See, it's not the brand its the country they come from. Its bigotry not brand prejudice.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Don't like jappers, pasta eaters or sausage gobbelers. Apart from that as long as its from America or the UK is fine with me, or the tossers at Triumph NZ have anything to do with it.

See, it's not the brand its the country they come from. Its bigotry not brand prejudice.
    Well you're fucked then, arent you?

The bikes 'made'?? in USA and UK have Asian, and 'pasta eater' made components on them quite often....
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    No not really; Triumph (Coventry), Norton, BSA, HD, HRD, Brough Superior, Victory, AJS, Indian to name but a few, even Hayosung. I really have no interest in the latest greatest disposable motorcycle. I believe they are made for disposable riders.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    No not really; Triumph (Coventry), Norton, BSA, HD, HRD, Brough Superior, Victory, AJS, Indian to name but a few, even Hayosung. I really have no interest in the latest greatest disposable motorcycle. I believe they are made for disposable riders.

Don't bite! It's a trap!

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    I used to hear just that, "jap crap" made of cheese, wont last 5 minutes......
    reality is??
    There are more Honda 750/4's in untouched condition, then there will ever be 'untouched' Triumph's, BSA, HD of the same era. My 'disposable' bike? I expect to get somewhere around 200,000 from it without any 'costly' engine work. I owned old Coventry Triumph, I'd have been lucky to get 20,000 MILES without it needing something repaired.
    As for Italian being 'disposable'? Guzzi's are reknowned for long lived engines, it was always the paint and electrics that used to be the Achilles heel. It was ONLY with the Evo that HD 'finally' got the motor 'right', even the Shovel would 'blow' if you hammer.ed it.

I do 'get' the 'disposable' for sprotbikes... gotta have this years xyzgsr 1000 turbonutterbastard, but there's plenty of us out here who dont aspire to htat mentality, who buy Asian, Kraut, Eyetye
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Russell...
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    If its got two wheels...I like it!

...but if its "special"...I love it!!

Owned most brands, on road, off road, track bikes blah blah blah...the brand doesn't matter to me, the "feel" of the bike does, some bikes are just souless pieces of steel & plastic...others are down right evil bastards!...and some...some are just special!, they are the ones that you form that amazing bond & connection with, where you can feel and hear your bike so clearly that its like another appendage of your own body...its the special ones that I love

...and I have been EXTREMELY privilege to have owned a few "special" bikes over the years

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I like whatever I want and brand loyalism is for plebs.
    I've only had 3 Hondas, 3 or 4 Kawasakis (depends how you count?), two Suzukis and a glorious Hyosung.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    05 Bandit 1200, 08 YZF250, 07 RMZ450
    "Borrowing" a customers zxr400 for the evening to tear around the suffolk countryside when the boss goes away for the weekend was fun!

But after getting fired (not for borrowing the 400) and then working for dominoes pulling wheelies on a 50cc Honda Express with 6 pizza in the back box is also pretty awesome!

Point being, I can have fun on almost anything with two wheels. Anyone who chooses one bike over another based only on it's brand is a mug!

But then again, I would say that, I own a Hyosung

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    Bike not brand. Only thing the brand has to do with it is how useless the respective importer in NZ is.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I can't think of any brand that doesn't have a bike I'd own.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    There are definitely brands I would NOT buy mostly down to poor quality and/or engineering, however outside of those brands I would and do choose a bike based on the motorcycle alone. To date I have owned Kawasaki x 5, Suzuki x 1, Honda x 1. At the moment, the bikes I am looking at as a replacement for the 2011 Honda CBR1000rr are: Ducati Hypermotard 821 or Panigale S, BMW S1000rr, 2015 Yamaha R1 or 2014/2015 CBR1000rr.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Bike over brand.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information