Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike or Brand?

Bike
    Ducati Monster S2R, '04

Bike or Brand?

It occured to me I kinda have a soft spot for almost all the Japanese brands, but it's much more about the bikes. There's at least one I love from every manufacturer. Do we loooove a brand, or do we save that for specific models?

I hope that makes sense.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    I've owned all 4 Japanese, Guzzi, BMW, and 'old triumph'...
    For me it's about the particular bike I want/fancy at the time.... I'd admit pricing can also factor into the equation if there are similar bikes on offer.

I would say my most 'owned' brands are Yamaha and Kawasaki.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Personally I just buy what gets the juices flowing at the time (cruisers don't even start a trickle) but yet to own a Kawasaki, that may or may no change soon. It basically comes down how damn cool I look, and the style. Coolness wears off but style is forever!!
    Suzuki a Yamaha then a Triumph, a Honda then another Yamaha then a Suzuki. (four were brand new)

Would love another Triumph but will probably opt for a Yamaha or Kawasaki Tourer next.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    I have zero prejudice of motorcycle brand unless reliability, parts or servicing is compromised. So personally I will shy away from Ducati (I'm just too poor for servicing), Yamaha and aprilias under warranty.

I've owned 2 kawasakis so far, loved both of them. Hard to fault them.

If I'm looking for a 1000cc sports bike, I'll go for which ever is the newest/lowest ks/best condition within my budget, I could end up with a ZX10R or a CBR1000rr. Don't really care about most differences. A couple hp either way isn't a worry, style wise, most bikes look good enough for me not to care much. I might be swayed by what brand have better electrics/accessories

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    It's all about the looks and whether it makes my arse look fat.

But seriously...I don't think I am a brand slut. Owned a Honda, Kawasaki and now a Trumpy and loved them all for different reasons. But this is the bike I am infatuated with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suzuki-gsx-r-750-2297_1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	315.1 KB 
ID:	305567

Yet to test ride one though. So that infatuation may die a horrible death. We will see.
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    3 Kawasakis, KTM and now a BMW.

For me, it's about the bike. I can easily call another BMW crap (although, most current ones are quite tasty - but soo much money ). Close second is dealer/distributor support. I won't touch brands if I won't deal with the local dealers or distributors. Pity, as it rules out some tasty bikes again... but just not worth the hassle...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    For me, it's about the bike. Close second is dealer/distributor support. I won't touch brands if I won't deal with the local dealers or distributors. Pity, as it rules out some tasty bikes again... but just not worth the hassle...
    This is me too, no matter what Suzuki brings out next I wont be willing to deal with the less than excellent service. By contrast go the Honda dealership for odds and ends and 100% top service and support.

I've had 1 Yamaha, 2 Kawasakis, 4 Suzukis.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Definately about the bike, not the brand.

Looked at a lot of bikes for my last upgrade, took a while to find something that suited me and mrs (who usually comes along for the ride, or tells me it's time we went for a ride), so after much searching I ended up with a bloody Ducati.

Have previously owned honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, puch, zundapp, and currently have the ducati and 2 suzuki's, so I think I'm close to qualification as a brand slut.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    As above, If it's a nice bike and you like it , been well looked after and it all feels good , buy it.

Do your research and bargain to get a good price, don't pay the asking but you already know that

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Brand does not bother me but parts back up does.

I seem to end up with Hondas. But have a Kwaka traily.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Colour. Yep, definitely the colour.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Owned plenty in my time ie 39 and long ago gave away any interest in new stuff other than to get a semi whilst flicking through the mags,looking back the only time i guess i was enamoured by a brand name was when a young fella i fell in love with the succesion of bevel drive Ducs the old man owned,grew up and had the misfortune to own a couple of the fuckups built by Cagiva which quickly ended any faith i had re the name on the tank.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    SOLD. Hey Nick Smith get Fucked!!
    Snort... Cagiva years..

Some of the most iconic bikes to ever come out of the Ducati factory happened to be round those years u speak of.
    Other than the 900ss they tried to re invent and failed on, what models u talking about?

1985–1996 – Cagiva Group ownership
    L'arte italiana cammina su due rotelle!

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeey01 View Post
    Snort... Cagiva years..

Some of the most iconic bikes to ever come out of the Ducati factory happened to be round those years u speak of.
    Other than the 900ss they tried to re invent and failed on, what models u talking about?

1985–1996 – Cagiva Group ownership
    Dunno wtf the snorts about i said a couple one being the shitbox you mentioned and the other a 750 Sport (Snort) an even more diabolical heap.Theres a huge difference between iconic and nostalgia,they were blessed with the Pantah and what the fuck did they do with the thing turned it into something that no one in this world or next had a use for,some say theres still warehouses full Alazzuras.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    My next bike I'm gonna try them all. Although I'm a bit of a Yamaha nut - its not a lie when they say revs your heart but god the prices for parts cause depression, fuck me!

I still beg/borrow/steal Crapple's CBR from time to time I never get off it thinking it was crap and having ridden a few other bikes I think I have a thing for Jap 4 cylinder sports ones, that said I do one day want an Indian Chief Vintage/Classic - or a Victory Boardwalk - its a nice looking bike and a bobber of some kind. I'll probably wind up with a shed full of bikes - sports, cruisers - whatever. Guess i better get a bucket and a mudder too.

I'm a little towards brand. I seem to search for R6's when window shopping. And I look at them a little longer than others. Then again if I find a ZX6R for example a bit nicer and comfortable to ride etc I'd probably get that. Although comfort on a super sports bike = lol.
    Skulls N Flames. Bye bye FZR may you have many more miles with your new owner. 600cc time soon!

Thread Information