Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Annual road toll up 44

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    "Drunk Drivers" are usually not "Drunk"
    There is actually no defined amount that means you are drunk. It is on behaviour patterns only. The police cannot say you blew 500 so you are drunk you are actually over the limit to drive not over the limit to have a few beersies in the pub. You are correct

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    There is actually no defined amount that means you are drunk. It is on behaviour patterns only. The police cannot say you blew 500 so you are drunk you are actually over the limit to drive not over the limit to have a few beersies in the pub. You are correct
    Which means that the drink driving limit is just another arbitrary limit with no basis in reality (in this case human physiology).
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Which means that the drink driving limit is just another arbitrary limit with no basis in reality (in this case human physiology).
    Yes thats right

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I'll admit that I haven't done a whole lot of research of late on this - but my memory is that a driver at the Legal limit (so not over) is 3 times more likely to be involved in a crash than a driver who has not had a drink.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I'll admit that I haven't done a whole lot of research of late on this - but my memory is that a driver at the Legal limit (so not over) is 3 times more likely to be involved in a crash than a driver who has not had a drink.
    "Lies, damn lies and statistics". There are "stats" that say motorcyclists are 20 times more likely to die than car drivers as well. Doesn't make it true.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    This is KB ... who the fuck on here does reality ...

But ... until there is a change of legislation ... the "Arbitrary limits" apply ... God I love this free country ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    ... You are correct
    as (almost) always ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    And someone on a cellphone 5 times more likely?? but again no research

And I do not condone drink driving and do not do it. However the point is statistics can be found and skewed for any event.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    A cop mate of mine showed me how to get off a DIC suspicion

I've not ever tried it, as I don't earn enough

Thread Information