Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual road toll up 44

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    is now saying its trucks fault the road toll has gone up
    Finally someone sees the real menace on our roads. Give the man a DB.
    Most truckies are ego maniacs with little dicks who need a big vehicle to compensate. Especially stock truck drivers, those fuckers need to be banned from the road unless they can prove they are competent of emptying their tanks and know how to monitor those tanks.
    Milk tankers, just shoot the lot of the fuckers.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Statistical anomaly. The level has plummeted so much in recent years its yet to find a new consistent median value from one year to the next.
    So many factors at play, recession, weather patterns, fuel prices, new WOF laws maybe influencing buyer/importer choices to newer safer cars....
    When the road toll was 843 (1973) a few more or less was hardly noticeable.

Now that it's down to around 300 a few extra is a significant variation.

The Popos can't influence the weather, recession, fuel prices, blah blah blah, but that's no reason why we shouldn't do what we believe will help the issue.

If we didn't believe what we were doing would help, we wouldn't be doing it. We'd be doing the things we believe would.

All that said, as mentioned previously, I've got strong beliefs that we could do better. But at my level, influencing national policy is a pipe dream.

We can only do what we can do. And I do.

I almost envy the knockers. It must be easy when you actually can't do anything to sit back and tell those who can how to act. All the ideas with no need to actually do anything except bang away at a keyboard.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Most truckies are ego maniacs with little dicks who need a big vehicle to compensate.
    I drive a smart car.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    I spend a far greater amount of time going to work.....
    out of those hard earned earnings I pay a substantitial amount of tax....
    it is not unreasonable to expect that that money is being put to good use looking after the country I live in.
    I also spend most of my time in a manner that complies with the standards, expectations and laws of said country.
    I resent the fact that some civil servant higher up the pecking order misguidedly abuses his powers , and uses a whole government department to extort me under the pretense of looking after me.
    I deserve better.....
    and so do you...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    and uses a whole government department to extort me .
    So how many tickets do you actually get?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Now that it's down to around 300 a few extra is a significant variation.

We can only do what we can do. And I do.

I almost envy the knockers.
    Wasn't knocking the cops, pointing out that we're at a point now where the numbers will be murkey. Yes as a percentage its still a big variation but there's so much chance and bad luck involved with crashes eg the innocent party coming the other way is it one person or family of five etc.
    Tragic as it is 44 people is not many extra when you factor in multiple passengers etc.

I think there's a general level of badluck/basic poor decision making by humans that will ensure there is always a certain barrier level that the road toll wont drop through but orbit around. This is no matter what training or enforcement options are used however effective they may be in 95% of cases.
    Bit like the worlds most powerful military in afganistan, they have all the tools to do the job but will always be chasing their tales there in an environment where victory is not completely possible.

I'm picking the road toll will rise again this year. The Money junkies have dropped the prices of oil again to try and hurt Russia. This will prob last for the next six months till they jack it up again. In the meantime people will make more journeys and drive faster on the cheaper gas and crash more.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Most truckies are ego maniacs with little dicks who need a big vehicle to compensate. Especially stock truck drivers, those fuckers need to be banned from the road unless they can prove they are competent of emptying their tanks and know how to monitor those tanks.
    Milk tankers, just shoot the lot of the fuckers.
    That's a pretty sloppy Burley trail of baiting there, I'm disappointed I know you can come up with better shit than that

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I drive a smart car.
    You shouldn't say that outloud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnFAAdOBB1c

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    So how many tickets do you actually get?
    Far more then I should.....
    and all for speed...
    Little bit to quick....
    10- 15 kms
    25 km over even sometimes.
    Been all over the world.
    Only nz and oz are so anal regarding speed...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I'm surprised the road toll is not higher with the level of incompetence of humans behind the wheel/bars.
    Drop the blood alcohol to zero to make the calculation of " how much can I drink" easier.
    fit jammers to vehicles to stop mobile phones working.
    Have Rego based on power, want more power, pay more.
    Make third party insurance compulsory
    Take ACC off motor vehicles and transfer to personal insurance.
    Last edited by Voltaire; 2nd January 2015 at 07:38. Reason: off has two f's
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I'm surprised the road toll is not higher with the level of incompetence of humans behind the wheel/bars.
    Drop the blood alcohol to zero to make the calculation of " how much can I drink" easier.
    fit jammers to vehicles to stop mobile phones working.
    Have Rego based on power, want more power, pay more.
    Make third party insurance compulsory
    Take ACC off motor vehicles and transfer to personal insurance.
    Wot he said!
    Works for me.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Most truckies are ego maniacs with little dicks who need a big vehicle to compensate
    I'm seldom held up by trucks for very long, they always pull over and let the traffic pass. They are also easy to follow compared to slow cars which sit on the brakes at every minor curve in the road.

Got stuck behind a typical camper van yesterday doing 80Km/h and sometime less. Wanker speed up every time there was an opportunity to pass which were not many.

The worst thou are the cars which heavily brake mid-corner.

Bike
    Mine
    The Popos can't influence the weather, recession, fuel prices, blah blah blah, but that's no reason why we shouldn't do what we believe will help the issue.

If we didn't believe what we were doing would help, we wouldn't be doing it. We'd be doing the things we believe would.
    This is all well and good but you (as in the police as a whole) have no right to act on blind faith and ignore the evidence. Every religious conflict in history resulted from zealots acting on blind faith without corroborating evidence. I'm sure ISIL feels justified in their genocide for the same reason.

It must be easy when you actually can't do anything ...
    I do the most any individual driver/rider can do to lower the road toll. I drive and ride in a manner that will keep myself and those around me on the road and in one piece - even if that may contradicts a law or two.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Mine
    Take ACC off motor vehicles
    Definitely.

and transfer to personal insurance.
    NO, NO, NO. ACC is a public good. It benefits everyone so everyone should pay - equally. The ONLY fair way to fund ACC is from the general tax take.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    This is all well and good but you (as in the police as a whole) have no right to act on blind faith and ignore the evidence.
    You believe your evidence, and I believe ours. Each piece of evidence I produce, you can produce something to the contrary. And vice versa. For the record, again, I actually don't buy 100% the party line, but it's still the party line. How far would it get me to run around disagreeing with the Bwana? Nowhere, coz he's still the Bwana.

[/QUOTE] do the most any individual driver/rider can do to lower the road toll. I drive and ride in a manner that will keep myself and those around me on the road and in one piece - even if that may contradicts a law or two.[/QUOTE]

And THATs all we can ask. That everyone does their bit. Trouble is, most don't give it a second thought.

Thread Information