Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: MAG NZ Taking Action

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Why does there need to be an instead?

The idea that doing something is better than doing nothing sounds good; but it has to be balanced against all the other things one can do. And tbh, an infinitesimal chance at changing the rego doesn't move my scales much. I mean fuck, I think they should put a proper tunnel through the manawatu gorge, but you won't see me out there digging away with a spoon...
    I'm a big fan of constructive criticism - agree that sometimes doing nothing is the right course of action, but one should be able to put forward a reasoned argument why doing nothing is the best cause of action as well as picking holes in the idea presented.

The next point is why there is a small chance if it changing anything - I would say that there are a myriad of factors - but one of them is certain to be the attitudes and vitriol evident in this thread and the dissension of voices among those who ride.

For my part (so my position can be clear) I am not a MAG member, nor do I have an interest in joining - I do however believe that certain aspects of how ACC calculate is payments are in need of a more balanced review, as opposed to the car-centric policies we have seen of late.

Is a park up in Devonport the right way to go about it, I think perhaps not. A park up outside several key MP offices during business hours might yield a better result and there maybe other options that could be considered as well.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Because I can. Whay do the dickheads from MAG NZ insist on taking up as many parking spaces as they can? Same fucking reason you thick cunt. It's a free world and until such time as Caseye gives me so many infractions that I cannot post any longer, I'll do what the fuck I like thank you very much.
    So you concede - you do give a fuck enough to do that which you can.

So you have an issue then, that's what this is about. Well, there are two things you might consider in order to try and overcome this issue. One of them is to fuck off and use the ignore function.
    Well, Yes. I do have an issue - I do care about the subject matter at hand - hence why I am taking my time to post about it. As for Fucking off and using the ignore button - I prefer not to.

Its much more fun to paint someone into a logical corner and watch them make a fool of themselves trying to get out.

Like someone claiming not to care, when their actions show that they quite clearly care alot.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I'm a big fan of constructive criticism - agree that sometimes doing nothing is the right course of action, but one should be able to put forward a reasoned argument why doing nothing is the best cause of action as well as picking holes in the idea presented.

The next point is why there is a small chance if it changing anything - I would say that there are a myriad of factors - but one of them is certain to be the attitudes and vitriol evident in this thread and the dissension of voices among those who ride.

For my part (so my position can be clear) I am not a MAG member, nor do I have an interest in joining - I do however believe that certain aspects of how ACC calculate is payments are in need of a more balanced review, as opposed to the car-centric policies we have seen of late.

Is a park up in Devonport the right way to go about it, I think perhaps not. A park up outside several key MP offices during business hours might yield a better result and there maybe other options that could be considered as well.

That and I'm a raving fucking cross-dresser.
    Just don't give a fuck bro. Thank me later, seriously.

Bike
    TF125
    So you concede - you do give a fuck enough to do that which you can.
    I give just enough of no fuck at all to post on KB. I give even less of a fuck about you or your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord
    Well, Yes. I do have an issue - I do care about the subject matter at hand - hence why I am taking my time to post about it. As for Fucking off and using the ignore button - I prefer not to.
    Considering the subject matter at hand is a bunch of fuckwits pissing off other motorists, I'm actually pleased you care.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord
    Its much more fun to paint someone into a logical corner and watch them make a fool of themselves trying to get out.

Like someone claiming not to care, when their actions show that they quite clearly care alot.
    You lead a very boring life, don't you.

You should come out bro. Let her know you like dressing up, she'll be cool with it.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Just don't give a fuck bro. Thank me later, seriously.
    By all means - Lead by example - I'll stop giving a fuck when you re-align what you are saying with what you are doing.

I doubt however, that I will stop giving a fuck any time soon...

Bike
    a red heap
    If you don't give a fuck (which you repeatedly say, yet your actions are speaking at a significantly louder volume) why are you still posting?

There are many motorcyclist and probably members of KB who share the sentiment - they have to pay it, they do pay it, they enjoy what they have paid for. I would even go so far as to speak for some of them to say that the afore-mentioned is the reason they haven't posted in this thread, nor attend Protests.

And that is perfectly fine for them.

My issue here is someone that says one thing, yet acts in the polar opposite manner to that which they claim.

Like the Heartbroken teenage school girl who cries herself to sleep by telling herself how much she doesn't care.....
    Um, you don't have to pay it.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I do however believe that certain aspects of how ACC calculate is payments are in need of a more balanced review, as opposed to the car-centric policies we have seen of late.
    It is not the calculations that are in need of a review, but the underlying concept of it being an insurance system where such calculations are a thing in the first place. This is not a biker only issue, and pissing off other motorists is entirely the wrong way to go about effecting that change.

The biker only issue at hand, is the McSAC one, but again, pissing off other motorists is not the right way to go about effecting that change either.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    If you were in the position of Max - how would you protest in a way that achieved the goals you set out to achieve without committing the same detrimental acts you accuse MAG of doing?
    Good question.
    I've never said that what they are doing is detrimental as in my opinion any action is good action. My biggest criticism of MAG was that they were restricting their profile to Facebook and not taking in the wider biker community. I asked their permission to publicise their events on KB and have done so.
    By the way, I am a fully paid up member of MAG so I support their aim 100%.
    As for the park up's, well rather than sit an a cafe supping lattes I would sooner they sat on their bikes and spoke to people but that is my opinion.
    I was the secretary for MAG the first time roound and there were some really creative ideas as to how to get things done, I do hope the current commitee can be as creative.
    MAG say they have a plan, I believe them and I look forward to their further action.
    How would I protest?
    Lobby the government, hassle the minister for ACC, rally the wider biker community, get on radio / TV / newspapers, have a presence at every public engagement the minister for ACC attends, get as many bikes on the road as possible and do some big flag waving chest beating rides....blimey the list goes on.
    Unfortunatley there will be folk like the loveable Mr Madness around who will try and wind everyone up. I say embrace these people and enjoy the light hearted side of protest movements, have a laugh cos its funny.
    Good post Mr DemonLord, enjoy.....

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Just say:
    You organize things that catch the publics interest.
    The media gets hold of it and shows it on the tele.
    Mag gets a petition together about it.
    The petition gets sent to the Minister/ACC.

Then I suppose the petition goes to a committee
    its this stage that interest begins to wane as that is the natural hunting ground of the bureaucrat and they have the advantage for being in full time pay and having all day to do things. They know they have time on their side.
    This is where things get done.

That's why you end up with the sort of people we have running the show, people who have high boredom thresholds.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    As for the park up's, well rather than sit an a cafe supping lattes I would sooner they sat on their bikes and spoke to people but that is my opinion.
    Are there signs or something so the public know it is a 'protest' then?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Are there signs or something so the public know it is a 'protest' then?
    I dunno ask them

Too Fat To Ride Slim

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    So you will jump up and down on your Keyboard and rave about how dare MAG do something, yet claim to preach indifference and slink away from a challenge with your tail between your legs when someone tries to engage with you on an intellectual level.

It says much about the makeup of ones character, to wail on like a hollow demagogue when there is none that will retort, yet fall silent like a mute when there is.
    yep hes a real hard man isn't he.....look at the timing of most of his posts.......during the day when real motorcyclists are out riding....truth is he can't tear himself away from his bong for more than an hour at a time.........what a loser
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    I dunno ask them

Too Fat To Ride Slim
    Doesn't it defeat the purpose if you have to ask though...

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    MAG are holding another park up event this Saturday, 21st February 2015 in Auckland

For those of you that have been questioning their approach or have a point to make, I would consider this an opportunity to go along, meet them and have a chat. It would alos be a great opportunity to get involved and see how these park up's are run and the reaction they generate.

Get along and support MAG in helping get a better deal for motorcyclists.

Meeting time is 7.30am at the Caltex, 163 Fanshawe Street and from there they will be making their way to Ponsonby.

Cheers my dears

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Just got an email from MAG - must be from old email address book because I cannot remember being involved with them for many years. However this is what it reads

"So, according to their website MSAC want to involve you and they ask for your input about the projects they are considering, mostly through polls, surveys and comments on their website. It is your money they are holding, as such you all have a right to contact them.

I urge you to keep informed about where your money is(n't) being spent, you can contact MSAC by using this link http://msac.org.nz/contact-us. Ask to be informed about the projects that they are considering and tell them what you really think about $10m sitting in the ACC bank account. It only takes a few minutes to send a message to them and if enough of us do it they might start doing something tangible.

Cheers,"
    I have emailed asking that now the levy is self funding (i.e. the interest on payments to date is higher than actual expenditure on the "safety programmes') when the levy will be dropped? I wonder what the response would be and encourage others to ask some questions. Took me all off 30 seconds to do.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Thread Information