Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I just don't get Harleys. MBB, copping negative Rep since ages ago.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Went for a quick ride on my mates 79 sporty today, feels like my hands are still vibrating, kinda like I have been using a chainsaw for 8 hours.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Went for a quick ride on my mates 79 sporty today, feels like my hands are still vibrating, kinda like I have been using a chainsaw for 8 hours.
    Lol. Yep. You need 04 - on rubber mounted ones mate.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post

A '79?

I had a '81, never had that problem, did some longish trips on it - ya can't have ridden it fast enough to get out of the vibe range!

Them iron-heads are getting thin on the ground and sought-after.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Lol. Yep. You need 04 - on rubber mounted ones mate.
    Nah, takes the 'tightness' out of them.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...vibes, man....

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    A '79?

I had a '81, never had that problem, did some longish trips on it - ya can't have ridden it fast enough to get out of the vibe range!

Them iron-heads are getting thin on the ground and sought-after.
    Too many of your mates around today, so had to keep things cool. Me being licensed and all.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Lol. I need my 883 back then...and to lose 10 kgs so I can get back into my leathers! Still got 'em tucked away just in case. This was Ruapuna. Attachment 308865
    Same track, completely different bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPhotoMG_0072.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	325.5 KB 
ID:	309090  
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. I collect old muscle cars, people assume they're fast, but really, they're not (unless you spend a lot of time and money, and even then, they're still not that fast). But the experience of driving them is good. I've tried using my 67 Mustang as a daily driver, but I always default back to a boring and vanilla car (usually a wagon) because it's way less noticed (and I like being invisible). The running costs of a muscle car are academic, they appreciate more than the gas you're pouring into it.

Bikes on the other, the whole reason for being is for performance. So, unless it makes the bike go faster, it doesn't belong on the bike.

I read a post on this thread a moment ago that cars can out corner a bike - in the rain perhaps. In reality though, point to point, or especially if there's traffic, the bike is faster. On a race track - it depends on the match, the track, the driver/rider, and the weather.
    This is a turn around because I collect small english sports cars. I just don't get americian cars. Too big, heavy and large. Americian car drivers are a special breed, I got caught between a couple of tanks recently and they were not happy when I asked if the bigger the car the smaller the penis? (I was in a MG Midget).

I did a VCC run with a couple of those new Ford shelby cobras. They tried to keep up with me in the Lotus on a windy mountain road and by the end of the run were a bit pissed off.

I did a track day with a stingray in the MG and he just had a few MPH on me at the end of the straight, and that was the only place. I did another track day with a AC Cobra with 550 hp and I never saw him after the first lap I was in the Lotus. The Cobra driver too the pip and split.

I have however been thinking about buying my bros Mk2 Thunderbird. My uncle drove one in the Spy loved me movie and this is almost exactly the same car.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I just don't get americian cars. Too big, heavy and large. Americian car drivers are a special breed

Change the word "cars" to "motorbikes".

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Change the word "cars" to "motorbikes".
    At least we are duplicitous in our vehicle tastes.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    After having ridden the old harley for a few years, everthing else feels like a bmx by comparison....
    And yes lots of bikes will outperform , outcorner and out brake a Harley....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    This is a turn around because I collect small english sports cars. I just don't get americian cars. Too big, heavy and large. Americian car drivers are a special breed, I got caught between a couple of tanks recently and they were not happy when I asked if the bigger the car the smaller the penis? (I was in a MG Midget).

I did a VCC run with a couple of those new Ford shelby cobras. They tried to keep up with me in the Lotus on a windy mountain road and by the end of the run were a bit pissed off.

I did a track day with a stingray in the MG and he just had a few MPH on me at the end of the straight, and that was the only place. I did another track day with a AC Cobra with 550 hp and I never saw him after the first lap I was in the Lotus. The Cobra driver too the pip and split.

I have however been thinking about buying my bros Mk2 Thunderbird. My uncle drove one in the Spy loved me movie and this is almost exactly the same car.
    Tell me more about your Lotus. I love them. Colin Chapman was the John Britten of his day.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking about fitting a 8 port head, 5 speed box and stronger dif to the midget. This included cutting the wheel arches, new suspension, better stronger brakes and probably a roots blower. But the Midget is a tidy original car and I decided that something a little better could be purchased new.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Well you can't mean me and CB 'cos we look nothing like the above - does that mean we're not real Harley riders??
    No Pete, we know that's not true, you are both 'real' HD riders, it's just we KNOW that she wears the jeans, and you wear the arseless chaps
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    It appears they don't like it that there are more riders out there all the time on scooters and Harleys than go fast sports bikes. That's how we get threads like this. Something about protesting too much...
    Your half right. I'm one of the ones who IS on his bike 365, and yup plenty of scooters on the road. But, sorry, most HD's I see are at weekends and in the summer. That isnt being 'anti' for the sake of it either. I've ridden HD's since the 70's as a lot of guys I knew owned them, iron head AMF sporties, pan's, shovel's, the Evo when it first came out in the 1980's. Only HD 'types' I haven't ridden are the twin cam and Vrod. I'd have owned an XR1200X if I hadnt brought my current bike, and that's coming from someone who would rather, and has, owned Guzzi's over HD's.
    There are indeed some who can ride the arse off the big blocks, but again few and far. Oh and I can surprise the fark out of a poor rider on a sprotty on my 'tractor' too
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Thread Information