Thread: MOTOGP TV Coverage 2015?

Bike
    Kawasaki Z750

MOTOGP TV Coverage 2015?

I see the first race is on 23 March and Sommet have gone, anyone know if Sky sport are coming to the party?

stevedee

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Nothing is known.Sky will want it,but wether they can agree on its value with Dorna,who knows.Even if Sommet rise from the ashes there is no guarantee they will be able to procure it,and if they do it will be after the first few rounds (discounted for after the fact)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Several of us are waiting to see if we can avoid paying the required $150 or so for the MotoGP website video subscription. We now have less than four weeks to decide, but if SKY don't pick it up and Sommet don't awake from the dead then that's the best option. Unless you're a torrent whiz of course?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    I've used torrents in the past with reasonable success but you have to fuck around a fair bit with popups & it may be in some other lingo (which can be a good thing as you don't have to listen to prattle).
    But I'm on a vodem vodaphone thingymajig & it can stop & start & often fucks out around with about 5 laps to go so you have to go thru the popup routine again
    So I'm going to do the Motogp thing I reckon, but this entails getting (using) the I.P address of a bloke in town on broadband & getting the Missus to download it on Tuesdee onto our laptop when she's there doing the
    home help.....
    The things you have to do sometimes

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Time is running out for the Sommet Sports crowdfunding campaign. https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/projects/...t-strikes-back

Lots of people have said they wouldn't mind paying some money to bring Sommet back, but it looks like most of them were all talk
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Time is running out for the Sommet Sports crowdfunding campaign. https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/projects/...t-strikes-back

Lots of people have said they wouldn't mind paying some money to bring Sommet back, but it looks like most of them were all talk
    The issue is the way they are going about this. Sommet don't need viewers to back them, they need to cut the expensive soccer shit that's already available on sky 24/7, they need to get another advertiser or 20 (You bought a Jeep? yes Michael I bought a Jeep). They need to hire more experienced technicians, play more of those good shows like Built to shred, rock climbing, snow boarding etc.

Giving them $20 in a pledgeme campaign might be money down the drain, or best case scenario it funds them for another 12 months before they go bust again, then ask for another pledgeme campaign.

I don't know why they haven't got many advertisers on board, it was the channel I watched the most and I know plenty of other people who all would have it as their most watched channel. probably more viewers than prime, choice tv and maori channel combined.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Giving them $20 in a pledgeme campaign might be money down the drain, or best case scenario it funds them for another 12 months before they go bust again, then ask for another pledgeme campaign....
    Still cheaper to pay them some money for 12 months than buy the MotoGP video subscription.

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    I've used torrents in the past with reasonable success but you have to fuck around a fair bit with popups & it may be in some other lingo (which can be a good thing as you don't have to listen to prattle).
    But I'm on a vodem vodaphone thingymajig & it can stop & start & often fucks out around with about 5 laps to go so you have to go thru the popup routine again
    So I'm going to do the Motogp thing I reckon, but this entails getting (using) the I.P address of a bloke in town on broadband & getting the Missus to download it on Tuesdee onto our laptop when she's there doing the
    home help.....
    The things you have to do sometimes
    Yep, worked out well last year. You just gotta be careful you don't download the copies with Spanish only commentary. Si si!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Still cheaper to pay them some money for 12 months than buy the MotoGP video subscription.
    This topic has already been discussed on the MotoGP thread (p13). According to the figures taken from the Sommet site your proposition seems unrealistically optimistic.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure

Try this, It will work...

http://cricfree.sx/motor-sports-live-streaming

When it is on, most likely be there and in English...
    Last weekend I watched some qualifying GP motorsport whilst waiting for the cricket...

Thread Information