Thread: WR200 road bike?

Bike
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 600 SRAD

WR200 road bike?

Im having a look at this thing on trademe. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...61&permanent=0
    never heard of a wr200 before in my life. cant seem to find much information on them either

Do you think they'd make a decent road sumo? they are premix not oil injection and i have heard (could be bullshit) that premix 2 strokes get starved during engine braking from lack of fuel. wouldnt that make it extremely hard on the motor to ride in road conditions. always speeding up and engine braking.

engine parts shouldnt be too hard to come across as they share the same motor as a dt200, other bits not so sure about.

OPINIONS?!

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inazuma1200 View Post
    OPINIONS?!
    Looks good. Would be fun to own. Probably not very practical. I wouldn't mind owning it. I would likely have popo issues if I did own it as its likely to draw attention quickly.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    WR looks quite nice, and by al accounts they go ok.
    not sure about a wee dirt bike from '94 though.

as far as premix and road riding go.....
    thats all we had back in the day, had wee roadlegal yammies, never a problem.

the wr 200 is more road oriented, lower revving, so should be very well mannered on city streets.

personally I be tempted to go for something more mainstream.
    bloody hard getting parts for anything like that (been there.... believe me)
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    would be so fun!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    bloody hard getting parts for anything like that (been there.... believe me)
    Yup. I source all me bits from Japan.

I would hazard a guess that you would not want to go far or be able to go far on that bike. Little tank & a big drinker when you use the throttle properly. That pipe looks proper noisy, too. Ning ning ning.

On the plus side it weighs about 115kg dripping wet and probably has close to 30hp, set up properly it will pull from nothing & still scream it's head off. Be untouchable on a proper twisty road. Oh, it has a 6 speed box which is a huge asset. Click, click, click into the corner.

Nothing practical about it but bloody good fun if you like 2t's. Great motor. If you get bored you can just swap the wheels over and go bush bashing.

Specs here.

I have a real soft spot for these Yammie 2t's so I'm a bit biased.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information