Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Same letter to Police Infringement Bureau, different outcome.

Bike
    Street tracker
    106 in a 100, camera van later (much later, after we'd paid) shown to be parked inappropriately for the surveillance undertaken.

$30 paid. Refund? Nah. No chance.

Then we received the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tsk.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	310354

I've not edited the picture.

D'oh. Not enough info at the time, and for the sake of $30 couldn't be bothered contesting what was a mistake on our part.

Oh well. {shrug}
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tsk.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	310353  

Bike
    Predator
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Sorry off-topic, and I'm sure it's been asked before on here, do you have conversations with people (like down at the pub, or at home with the missus etc), emphasising random words in a sentence? Reminds me of Tourette's for some reason.

+1 ...

10 char ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gjm View Post
    106 in a 100, camera van later (much later, after we'd paid) shown to be parked inappropriately for the surveillance undertaken.

$30 paid. Refund? Nah. No chance.

Then we received the picture.

I've not edited the picture.

D'oh. Not enough info at the time, and for the sake of $30 couldn't be bothered contesting what was a mistake on our part.

Oh well. {shrug}
    There was enough info to send you a ticket ... they got the rego right ... didn't they .. ???

Unless you can prove it was not the Registered owner driving ... or can't/wont supply info on who was driving at the time ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Street tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    There was enough info to send you a ticket ... they got the rego right ... didn't they .. ???

Unless you can prove it was not the Registered owner driving ... or can't/wont supply info on who was driving at the time ...
    It's registered to me, but Mrs M was driving. I requested the pic based on knowing it wasn't me driving that day and was advised that any photographic evidence might not show who the driver is.

I obviously know what the rego is and I couldn't read it from the pic... There was a case in Hawkes Bay (I think) of a lawyer who contested a similar ticket and got off based on the authorities having used software to work out the rego number. That could have been an interesting exercise, but not worth the effort for the very small financial return.

As was said earlier - get caught travelling over the speed limit, get fined. It happens.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    As was said earlier - get caught travelling over the speed limit, get fined. It happens.
    “If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.” – Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Hey Azkill. I bet Thomas Jefferson never got nabbed by a camera car.

When did we ever lose sight of the fact that of the original offence hadn't been committed, none of this would have occurred?

If thousands of people each week weren't exceeding the democratically designated speed limit, I guess we'd be chatting about greater things.

Just saying, with some confusion as to which hat I'm wearing as I wrote this over breakfast.

Bike
    Street tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

When did we ever lose sight of the fact that of the original offence hadn't been committed, none of this would have occurred?

If thousands of people each week weren't exceeding the democratically designated speed limit, I guess we'd be chatting about greater things.

Just saying, with some confusion as to which hat I'm wearing as I wrote this over breakfast.
    The only bit of that I'd argue with is 'democratically'.

It's arbitrary, not democratic, and the number chosen was a convenient one, not one with any real sort of scientific evaluation.

Regardless, the lurr is the lurr (to misquote Peter Sellers in Pink Panther). Break it, get caught, face the consequences.

However ridiculous it may seem in some circumstances.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    the democratically designated speed limit,

democratic. Oh rast!
    That old saying,
    You can take the cunt out of the cops...

Bike
    Honda VF750f.

About sums it up. Motorcyclists seem to be turning into a bunch of crybaby pansies at an alarming rate.
    OP, waaaa waaa waaaaa
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I hate to go off topic too ... .. but Leave your family issues out of it. I'm not familiar with that syndrome .... what does it involve .. ???
    Words given undue emphasis create the impression that all is not well with the writer. At least in this case the text wasn't green.

Anyone who doesn't understand the reference to the text colour should look up "green ink" in the search engine of their choice.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

democratic. Oh rast!
    That old saying,
    You can take the cunt out of the cops...

Chur for the opportunity to clarify democracy for you.

democracy
    noun
    a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

So says Google, anyway.

In our case, we elect Members of Parliament who are then given the authority to delegate functions through their departments. Those departments formulate laws and policies, which are then signed off by the democratically elected MPs.

Speed limits are one such policy, and there are laws around that.

I happen to disagree with a lot of them too, but I accept that living in a democracy means that we can't always have our own way. It's part of being a citizen in such a country as ours.

Azkill, get elected, and convince enough people of your views, so we can all live in the unrealistic utopia you inhabit.

Yawn.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    The only bit of that I'd argue with is 'democratically'.

It's arbitrary, not democratic, and the number chosen was a convenient one, not one with any real sort of scientific evaluation.

Regardless, the lurr is the lurr (to misquote Peter Sellers in Pink Panther). Break it, get caught, face the consequences.

However ridiculous it may seem in some circumstances.
    It's the arbitrary nature that bugs me. I don't like it either.

However, that doesn't make it un-democratic.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r

I bet we would never have camera cars if Thomas Jefferson would have had a say in it...

(Or any other statesman with a functioning moral compass....)
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    They are generally? Most trying to stay to the 105 some risking the 109 and also especially in a 50 the gubberment must be making a fortune considering Sydney's lowest general suburban limit is 60k.
    Try the going to Thames "90k safer speed Zone" even grandma Smith is doing 99K almost no one doing the 90?
    A very large % of people go a little over 50, so they fine at a level 99.9% of people pay, then bung as many cameras out as you can.
    So I question your statement?

BTW Burgulary clearance is at 6.1% in Auckland (down 1.5%) so its help yourself for the other 94%

Ah well don't wanna shoot the messenger but I think Police need a refocus?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Ah well don't wanna shoot the messenger but I think Police need a refocus?
    It varies from year to year, but this year 25% of the Police gross funding comes from the Land Transport Fund.

It's no surprise that the Gubbermint expects that money to be spent on traffic stuff. Imagine that, spending money where it's supposed to be spent.

The crime is the lack of funding for non road policing stuff. Grizzle about that. But don't expect staff funded for road stuff to be working on burglaries.

As soon as the Police all forgot about traffic work, that 25% would disappear, as would the staff it pays for. Self defeating argument, that.

Thread Information