Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Same letter to Police Infringement Bureau, different outcome.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    It varies from year to year, but this year 25% of the Police gross funding comes from the Land Transport Fund.

It's no surprise that the Gubbermint expects that money to be spent on traffic stuff. Imagine that, spending money where it's supposed to be spent.

The crime is the lack of funding for non road policing stuff. Grizzle about that. But don't expect staff funded for road stuff to be working on burglaries.

As soon as the Police all forgot about traffic work, that 25% would disappear, as would the staff it pays for. Self defeating argument, that.
    It does, however confirm the long held belief that Speeding enforcement is revenue gathering. The police don't get the full funding they need, so they 'focus' on easy to prosecute crimes that have a financial reward, as opposed to other crime that impact the average mostly law-abiding citizen.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r

As soon as the Police all forgot about traffic work, that 25% would disappear, as would the staff it pays for. Self defeating argument, that.
    You sold it to me.....

Can't see a downside to that statement....

road policing in itself could theoretically be beneficial to population at large.
    but we all know that is not at all what is happening.
    traffic cops funding needs to show a good return....

Distasteful, and reprehensible...
    Architects and executioners alike
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    They are generally? Most trying to stay to the 105 some risking the 109 and also especially in a 50 the gubberment must be making a fortune considering Sydney's lowest general suburban limit is 60k.
    Try the going to Thames "90k safer speed Zone" even grandma Smith is doing 99K almost no one doing the 90?
    A very large % of people go a little over 50, so the fine at a level 99.9% of people pay, then bung as many cameras out as you can.
    So I question your statement?

BTW Burgulary clearance is at 6.1% in Auckland (down 1.5%) so its help yourself for the other 94%

Ah well don't wanna shoot the messenger but I think Police need a refocus?
    Part of the reason (and things like the I am innocent tv series) why an increasing number of people dot trust or give a shit about the police.

Bike
    CB750
    I have a falcon radar speed gun, I checked the speed of vehicles before they got pinged by the popo, target speed 55kph in a 50 kph zone, target speed of popo to catch up to the crime breaking speeder in 50 kph zone up tp 90 kph!, total madness!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    so would legalising cannabis or rape, for that matter. don't see you waving the fuckin flag for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Are you for real suggesting legalising rape would make people happy??
    Even for a troll monger, look at me guy, that would have to be the lowest depth you have sunk to yet!!

Why, when people are on ignore you can now see their comments when quoted. You didnt used to see them and I would rather not see comments so purile as this one??
    Quote Originally Posted by IkieBikie View Post
    Legalising rape would make a lot of people happy??? You are sick

Why, in any sense of the word, would I wave the flag for legalising rape and I find the comment offensive.
    well obviously not the rape-es, but the rape-rs, sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Or for threatening to rape my children. I am all for a good debate and don't think much is off limits, but threats to children as a form of retaliation is off the reservation....
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    That shit is wrong. Seriously wrong. What are the rules for expulsion if that doesn't count as a serious offence here on KiddieBiker.
    “If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.” – Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.stlucianewsonline.com/des...act-with-goat/

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Sort of like having "the big moment" before the foreplay has even started??

Oh, and as a side comment, Axjewzle is only doing his best to replace the topkat in the notoriety stakes. The big differences are (a) he is a total attention whore and (b) he actually has nothing pertinent to say at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Suzuki GSX400X
    As I mentioned in another thread, business partner (the one who got the summons), attended court a few days ago.

Ah said the police, I see you've turned up - can't find any of the paperwork so we will be withdrawing.

The magistrate claimed it was "your lucky day".

Saved $30 - for 56 in a 50.

What a complete waste of everyone's time.

I've had to fill in a "Form 57", to correct an irregularity in proceedings as I requested a hearing - not sure if I'm going to get a hearing, get another reminder notice, have the police withdraw, have the Form 57 denied.

I'll report back as soon as anything happens.

A hearing could be interesting as I have a reasonable defence.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    It varies from year to year, but this year 25% of the Police gross funding comes from the Land Transport Fund.

It's no surprise that the Gubbermint expects that money to be spent on traffic stuff. Imagine that, spending money where it's supposed to be spent.

The crime is the lack of funding for non road policing stuff. Grizzle about that. But don't expect staff funded for road stuff to be working on burglaries.

Do the police spend more than said 25% on traffic enforcement?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Do the police spend more than said 25% on traffic enforcement?
    Certainly not in my experience. The money for road policing gets spent on other things.

Here's an example. A general duties cop is funded to spend say, 15% of his time on traffic stuff.

They get so busy doing other stuff, the 15% doesn't get done.

That's what you can easily call cross-subsidusing.

The 15% of the cops time that's meant to be spent on road policing is spent on general criminal stuff. How about the gubbermint starts funding the general policing stuff properly, then it wouldn't have to be taken from the Land Transport Fund.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX400X
    Update time.

As the original alleged offence was the 5th December 2014, I didn't want to tempt fate by alerting the police to what was going on.

Why does the 5th December matter? Simply because the police have six months to either file a reminder notice in court or issue a summons.

They have done neither.

Another reminder notice has been issued, which expires on 27th July. As you can see this is well outside the six months, therefore the police cannot file it in court if I don't pay, and if I requested a hearing, I won't get one as a summons cannot be issued.

Pity really, any road with over 500 vehicles a day must have a change of speed limit sign on both sides of the road. In this particular instance there is only one on one side, the questions for the speed camera van operator would have been amusing.

$30 saved.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    It does, however confirm the long held belief that Speeding enforcement is revenue gathering. The police don't get the full funding they need, so they 'focus' on easy to prosecute crimes that have a financial reward, as opposed to other crime that impact the average mostly law-abiding citizen.
    and the constant denying of things like the officers quotas, taking credit for reduced road tolls but when it goes up its external factors.

People are over being fed bullshit.

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    Can I just get back to the point, you thought it was worth going to court for $30?

Letter:
    Writing - 15mins at minimum wage $3.70
    Printing - 20c
    Postage - $1

Court:
    2 hours our of day - $29.50
    Parking - $5
    Petrol to get there - $5

Total - $44.40.

So you essentially charged yourself at extra $14.40.....

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    Pity really, any road with over 500 vehicles a day must have a change of speed limit sign on both sides of the road. In this particular instance there is only one on one side, the questions for the speed camera van operator would have been amusing.

$30 saved.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58024549.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	265.4 KB 
ID:	312943

10char? 10char.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk5614 View Post
    Can I just get back to the point, you thought it was worth going to court for $30?

Letter:
    Writing - 15mins at minimum wage $3.70
    Printing - 20c
    Postage - $1

Court:
    2 hours our of day - $29.50
    Parking - $5
    Petrol to get there - $5

Total - $44.40.

So you essentially charged yourself at extra $14.40.....
    Last guy I know of that defended a 61kph speed camera ticket ended up costing himself $1,030.

Plus the cost of the original ticket.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Suzuki GSX400X
    How it all ended.

Had a phone call from the Police this morning - saying that as the Speed Camera operator was on long term sick leave the case was being withdrawn. Result.

It would have been interesting to defend in court - as the speed limit signs don't comply with the law.

Where the limit changes from 60 to 50 there is only one sign on the LHS of the road - regulations say that where there is two way traffic of more than 500 vehicles per day there must be a sign on each side of the carriageway. The road in question (where Springs Rd leaves Main South Rd, Sockburn, Christchurch) has a lot more than 500 vehicles a day and hence should have two signs.

Edited to add:

Just cleared my PO Box and there was the court summons (now redundant), all 15 pages. As I mentioned in my first post I took pictures of the speed camera van at 11.15 am on 5th December last year - the photo enclosed also has the time on it - 10.15am - and I know my phone isn't wrong.

Thread Information