Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
Oh I don't know. Rather than spend a second night in overrated Queenstown during the school holidays I would ride and stay in the underrated Te Anau instead. Do Milford Sound the next day and then head straight to Invercargill but via Tuatapere, SH6 south of Lumsden is just a slog.

Stay in Invervegas for the night, stick your head in at E Hayes for half an hour in the morning, have the best breakfast in NZ next door at Global Byte and then give it laldy down to Bluff just to get a photo at the sign post. By the time you get to NZ Bill Richardson's Museum might be open to the general public. The place is amazing even if that link does not do it justice.

Then back on to the chosen route through the Catlins. If you like wildlife I can recommend a couple of things to do in Dunedin, otherwise keep riding, and take the inland route when going north from Dunedin.

None of your days look massive but you do look like you are trying to fit in twice as much as you have time for. When do you get to relax, sit back and just enjoy the fresh air we have over here, the bird sounds, the sun on your face etc etc, you know, have a holiday?
I haven't booked Queenstown yet so I'll think about that. On our day in Queenstown we are looking at doing the Nevis swing and the Via Ferrata.
What wildlife things do you have in mind for Dunedin?
Yeh I know what you're saying about having a holiday, ideally we could come for 3 weeks but it's not an option unfortunately. We'll be having breaks during the day and having a look about on an evening.