Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Video evidence - Pros and cons

Bike
    Suzuki GSX400X
    There is evidence that Red Light cameras increase the number of rear end crashes, by more than they reduce side impacts.

Bike
    CB1300
    I vote for snipers at intersections.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    There's a danger that when cameras become more common, the courts will start to expect footage..
    There was just such a recent case in New York . In New York it is fully expected that cars will mow down cyclists and pedestrians. It doesn't normally count as any sort of a crime.

An elderly lady and her grandaughter were crossing at an intersection with the traffic lights in their favour. A car came around the corner and mowed them both down killing the girl IIRC. As it happened a following car had recorded the incident on a dash cam.
    When it went to court the judge said, "I assume there is no video evidence".
    The cop said, "Ahhhh."
    And before he could finish the judge said "Discharged."

My main problem with any Govt staff having cameras is that once the pics get back to the office they become official Govt documents and it is an offence to dispose of them. Just as some people go mad with a paint brush, some people go mad with a camera. Depending what it is, the crap they bring back may have to be stored forever. The staff I used to work with now all have iPhones, I am so pleased that they didn't have those while I worked there. Somebody else's problem now.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Cameras are getting better. One day they might be the answer, just not now.
    ok just read to bout the 6th post... so as cameras get beter so does photo shop etc, whos to say with the hackers we have a video is acurate, has it been played with... na imho all this video footage shit to catch people is a crock a shit, its not proof of anything

besides Mr PD what do you cear ya outa here ;-)
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    SV1000, RG500, RD350
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    And your 'better way' (tm) for that scenario would be????..??
    Provide evidence of wrongdoing - video being one. The technology is out there.
    Have the police actually having to provide such evidence at court - just like every other criminal case, and the JPs not just taking the cops word for it that the defendant is guilty. As it currently stands we could save a lot of taxpayers money by doing without the court option completely.
    Investigating and prosecuting police officers that lie like a rug, knowing that they will never be held to account for it. Yes this happens, and I can speak of personal experience, albeit quite a few years ago. It was a traffic case as well... This might be a bit much to ask however.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Peace through superior firepower...
    Build your own dyno - PM me for the link of if you want to use it (bring beer)

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffm View Post
    Provide evidence of wrongdoing - video being one. The technology is out there.
    Have the police actually having to provide such evidence at court - just like every other criminal case, and the JPs not just taking the cops word for it that the defendant is guilty. As it currently stands we could save a lot of taxpayers money by doing without the court option completely.
    Investigating and prosecuting police officers that lie like a rug, knowing that they will never be held to account for it. Yes this happens, and I can speak of personal experience, albeit quite a few years ago. It was a traffic case as well... This might be a bit much to ask however.

I agree with much of the above as it would also stop the "just write the ticket and let the courts sort it out"
    That seems to be coming more of a frequent scenario within the popo.
    It would also stop the ones writing tickets and working on the assumption that 80% of people will "just pay" no matter how dodgy the call was in the first place.
    10% will take it to court and the JP will always side with them and 10% they will loose or let go.
    I am also one that got done for the magic 121k figure I know I wasn't doing.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Well it might be too hard for the Police but here's Joe Blogs video evidencing.... http://roadshamer.com/f/most-viewed/...ateRange=month

Some of the vids are pretty lame though so think people will get bored with this site...
    The pedestrian red light runner is a real doozy though. Cant believe the pedestrian walked out into the stream of red light runners though....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Well it might be too hard for the Police but here's Joe Blogs video evidencing.... http://roadshamer.com/f/most-viewed/...ateRange=month

Some of the vids are pretty lame though so think people will get bored with this site...
    The pedestrian red light runner is a real doozy though. Cant believe the pedestrian walked out into the stream of red light runners though....
    no sorry.. I dont get it, watched 3 vids all normal shit ya see every day, whats the point???
    I expect ya pedestrian (didnt see vid) did so cos he has been sucessfully dummed down... and or if hes signed in, wearing hi vis and has ID then is bullet proof and ya dont need to worry bout dangers...

people you are all... prepering us for zombination or death
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information