Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket for no rego - withdrawn.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    Bearing in mind this has all been prebooked, for some unknown reason the cops decide to give him a ticket for no rego - and not for lack of a warrant - seeming to forget you can't get rego without a warrant.
    SO FUCKING WHAT. You had no rego, the is 'no rego'. Whether you have a WOF or not is irrelevant dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    Turned up at court...to find the case had been withdrawn a month ago.

Why do the police find it so difficult to actually tell anyone when they withdraw? Idiots.

At least the three speeding offences the police have withdrawn against me they have had the decency to tell me (the evening before).
    I hear they don't tell people they're withdrawing, if said people are fuckwits that constantly request court hearings for things they're guilty of.

"It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase W View Post
    I bet all you guys saying tough shit break your fair share of laws
    Yeah, but some people don't act like princesses when caught.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    So if I put the rego on hold and the wof runs out, how do I get a new wof?

Maybe someone could start a mobile wof service?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    why didnt they give him compliance?
    Outside the compliance policy.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post

You can drive / ride the vehicle for the sole purpose of getting issues fixed (assuming it hasn't been ordered off the road, as then it's transported only).

You do have to have a current WOF to get rego.

I ended up in a catch 22. I failed a WOF because a piece in the headlight broke, affecting the throw. The replacement arrived broken in the same way and I was riding the bike back and forth from dealer to not get the work done etc. During that time the rego also ran out, and I couldn't update... I didn't act stupid, didn't get pulled over and never rode it but for the purpose of taking to dealer to get headlight replaced... I figured my reasoning would be good enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    The ticket is for "not displaying a current registration" chuck the rego from your car on the bike. I doubt a parking warden would think twice and you might get a blonde cop.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    ..... Or do they pass the money collected onto the police which I doubt.
    that's exactly what happens, the local body only gets a percentage of the fine.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    that's exactly what happens, the local body only gets a percentage of the fine.
    Which might explain why the local body fine is higher than the Police fine for the same offence?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post

They have these things called trailers. They're particularly worthwhile in moving material which has been sitting for umpteen years with barely a passing thought.

Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    The ticket is for "not displaying a current registration" chuck the rego from your car on the bike. I doubt a parking warden would think twice and you might get a blonde cop.
    And then get an infringement for 'Displayed other than authorised motor vehicle license' *slow clap*

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Which might explain why the local body fine is higher than the Police fine for the same offence?
    There's no 'local body' and 'police'. There is stationary (local body AND police) and moving (police only).

Stationary doesn't carry demerits, but other than that, no idea why it's higher.

I said it was Wilson Parking (in ChCh anyway) who require a WOF and Reg on cars in their carparks. Wilson Parking are a private company not associated with any local body and they do impose fines or offense fees. for expired parking so I would imagine for Reg & WOF as well.
    Yes, problem being, they have no legal remit to issue REG/WOF fines as they are not a council/ the police.

The best they could do is try using civil law, which is much more difficult to enforce.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Yes, problem being, they have no legal remit to issue REG/WOF fines as they are not a council/ the police.

The best they could do is try using civil law, which is much more difficult to enforce.
    In Auckland at least they just let parking enforcement services onto their property and enforce rules (I've seen them in parking garages). From memory there is something about parking in public places making you free game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You're onto it.

I said it was Wilson Parking (in ChCh anyway) who require a WOF and Reg on cars in their carparks. Wilson Parking are a private company not associated with any local body and they do impose fines or offense fees. for expired parking so I would imagine for Reg & WOF as well.
    you're not.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    In Auckland at least they just let parking enforcement services onto their property and enforce rules (I've seen them in parking garages). From memory there is something about parking in public places making you free game...
    Technically a parking building is private property I believe, so there would be decent ground to fight a ticket like that if you could be arsed.

If the actual parking company issued one, you could safely throw it in the bin.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Sometimes the parking areas are run by the council but a slightly different Wilsons company looks after all the machines (ie imports them from Austria and services them when people fuck up and drive straight into the barriers).

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    .....If the actual parking company issued one, you could safely throw it in the bin.
    Until they pointed out the terms and conditions of using their premises.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Until they pointed out the terms and conditions of using their premises.
    Was going to mention that, but just because something is on a sign doesn't mean the property owners have instant legal grounds to enforce it.
    Anyone can put a small sign on their boundary saying that by entering the property you agree to paying $50 for each step, $200 for not carrying a pink sun hat etc etc but good luck enforcing it. Obviously being car related and a parking building it seems more in line and reasonable, but it's not necessarily, it's you just accept it more easily.

Parking involving a contract (where you lease it etc) might be a different story.

Where they will catch you is trying to get you to pay it before they will open the gate for you, which complicates things.

I have had a trumped up invoice for work go as far as Baycorp before. It left the ass hats with a substantial bill for their lawyers, and I'm not sure what Baycorp charged them for the time either.

Thread Information