Thread: KTM300 needles and Jets.

Bike
    2015 ktm 300XC

KTM300 needles and Jets.

hi Guys, just wanting to find out what you ktm 300 riders have your carbs tuned at in the the Auckland region, i do most of my riding up at the sandpit and i attend trail rides hosted by the waitemata club and endless dirt biking. im on a 15 300xc and my current jetting is (I.J 35, N8RG needle on the 3rd position and 172 MJ) which is the standard setting in the manual. bike runs mint and only bogs when it is cold, a few seconds after startup its sweet. i have just ordered an fmf gnarly and turbine core 2, and was wondering if i should change anything in the carb aswell? just kinda want an idea of what you guys have your 300's tuned at, and whats safe.. petrol is mixed 40:1. Thanks fellas

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    Go have a chat to the Guy's at Watson racing in Kumeu , or try Norm Cobb at Suspension Tech . Both have a vast knowledge in setting up KTM's .

Bike
    '11 KTM 300 EXC
    I was going to say take a couple of days to read http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=74919 and try a suzuki needle but you've got a '15 model and i think it's totally different to my '11.

Hmm maybe it's not so different, The JD jetting kit https://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/prod...4&cat=7&page=1 fits 08-15 models. If you don't mind spending some $'s it's probably the quickest way to rejet.

Bike
    KTM 250 EXC
    G o for the JD kit, well worth it.
    HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG PIPE
    Sometimes I ride Slow, sometimes I Ride Quick, But When its Time To Get Busy Out The Hat Comes The Trick.

Thread Information