Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on a honda Transalp

Bike
    BMW F650CS

Any opinions on a honda Transalp

Just keeping my options open. This bike is a possibility for a commute/tourer - is it?
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-35558656.htm

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    no way, be sensible....go into eternal debt and get a real bike, eg

on the honda .
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Ignore the 12 year old above. The Transalp would be perfect for what you want it for.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

A Transalp comes near as damit to the perfect bike,take it for a ride and you'll be sold.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    A Krappisaki Tractor
    Does anyone here own one. They have been around for years, but you dont tend to hear much about them.
    The contents of this post are my opinion and may not be subjected to any form of reality
    It means I'm not an authority or a teacher, and may not have any experience so take things with a pinch of salt (a.k.a bullshit) rather than fact

Bike
    nun
    i like 'em; Saw a Beema GS 650 at work today, they're kinda funky too

:slap:

I owned it's big brother,the XLV750 for 5 yrs,selling it Xmas last year.I had ridden a Transalp and was looking for one - but after being on the XLV750 the search was off,I'd found the best bike in the world.The Transalp need a tad more poke,the 650 might be just right,but have never riden one.Oldrider has got one,he'll mosey in shortly I'd say.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    None any more
    Buy the Transalp.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500

transalp good

i've owned both the africa twin 750 (bigger bore same motor) and the bros 650 (exact same motor), and it's a beautiful engine.
    the transalp feels a lot nippier than the Africa Twin, and the motor is smoother.
    it's a very well designed, well behaved and competant bike.
    most transalp owners RAVE about them and would never forsake them.
    that has to say something...

buy it.

k
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    I loved the transalp, but to tell the truth I prefered the weeee be more power I got with the Vstrom. Need it with the 200kg of two people on board.

Transalp was a close second. Comfortable, runs up gravel roads like nothing else, good on petrol...

yeah I loved it.

Bike
    None any more
    Ahh. The V-Strom. The forgotten Suzuki.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Fantastic bike. Im not even into tourers like that but if I had the oppertunity I would own one.
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    katzuki
    Transalp 600 - good general purpose bike for solo use, albeit a bit boring.
    Not enough poke for two-up touring.

Bike
    Sold

TransAlp question. Answer?

Quote Originally Posted by fishb8nz
    Just keeping my options open. This bike is a possibility for a commute/tourer - is it?
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-35558656.htm
    Hi fishb8nz, I own a 650 Transalp. The transalp is a highly underrated middle of the field bike. IMO. It depends what in a bike is most important to you. For me I love all bikes and would own one of each if I had the means. I don't.
    With the T/A I can dabble in all. Jack of all trades master of none fits the T/A and I am comfortable with that. It will do 180kph flat out all bloody day if you want it to. It keeps up with the pack in a group ride. It's great to tour on two up. Carries plenty of luggage. Cruise range is 300/350km per tank. Covers any kind of road conditions with ease. Servicing is minimal and easy. Tyres are easy to get and not too expensive.
    Centre stand is an extra but easy to fit. The seat on mine was the most uncomfortable bastard of thing I have ever encountered, got that changed. They(T/A) tend to be too high geared for me even up one rear tooth on the back sprocket is not enough (Couldn't get a 50 tooth stock sprocket) for me. The bike is actually slightly faster with the extra back tooth. 180kph @ 8000rpm but I guess the fuel consumption will suffer a little, haven't checked that yet.
    If you want an opinion of a BMW 650 rider (about the T/A) PM PLUG on the forum. We rode over the Dansey Pass together. At least he will not be Honda biased like me. Hope I have been of some help. Cheers John.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries

Looks fine by me

It'll do what you want, it has a good engine and lowish miles (24k in 9 years... sounds low but who knows).

Get it checked, take it for a test ride.

I'd expect it to be just fine. If it's only the age that's keeping the price down - I'd say buy it. It won;t depreciate too fast (it's already old)

MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Thread Information