Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I got a parking ticket in the post

Bike
    Mine
    From https://at.govt.nz/driving-parking/b...priority-lanes:
    Vehicles are not allowed on a bus lane during active periods.
    Funny how AT don't consider a bus to be a vehicle.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    some trainspotter prick parks his classic car there while he takes train photos through the fence wire (that's a shit look by the way never works)
    It can work if the guy knows what he's doing, the fence can be made to disappear. Use the biggest F stop that'll work in the circumstances so that the depth of field is at the minimum and the fence can just vanish.

None of which is intended to defend the wanker's parking
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    I suppose if you want to fight it you need to confirm that motorbikes are allowed in bus lanes up there. It's not governed by legislation but by local body regulations I believe.....
    Actually, it is governed by Legislation, not by local bodies. A motorcycle may use a bus lane except when specifically excluded. So if there is no sign saying no motorcycles (may be a picture of a bike with a red line through it) then motorcycles may indeed use the bus lane.

As for stopping in a bus lane, not something I would like to do, but once again the law is on the side of the OP. The key is whether he was parked, or simply stopped. By still being on the bike, with the key in the ignition, and able to move off at any time, he is legally stopped, not parked, and the legislation does indeed allow vehicles to stop in a bus lane if they are legally entitled to enter the bus lane.
    Time to ride

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Actually, it is governed by Legislation, not by local bodies. A motorcycle may use a bus lane except when specifically excluded. So if there is no sign saying no motorcycles (may be a picture of a bike with a red line through it) then motorcycles may indeed use the bus lane. .
    I disagree. Allowed for by legislation but defined and controlled by the local bodies ... as per this from the Christchurch City Council. http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/c...ntBrochure.pdf . So the legislation allows bus lanes to exist but the local bodies decide if they will have them, who can use them and how they will run in their neck of the woods.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    EX250
    just shortly:

Rule 2004

6.6Parking in special vehicle lane
    A driver or person in charge of a vehicle must not stop, stand, or park the vehicle in any special vehicle lane unless—
    (a)the vehicle belongs to a class of vehicle for which use of the lane is reserved, and stopping, standing, or parking of the vehicle is permitted at that place by signs or markings; or
    (b)the vehicle is an emergency vehicle that is being used in an emergency and is operating a red beacon or red and blue beacons.

if there was a sign or marking you are right.
    In Chch was a local permit to use bus lanes for cars after earthquake. But motorists started receiving their fines for parking. Because the permit was to use and the rule above was still applicable.

PS: I don't judge people
    Upgraded! Slow Orange Green Cruiser Sport

Thread Information