Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC proposals on motorcycle levies

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    You really need to be knocked off your bike as a result of someone elses fault before you will see any sense in my argument. You argument would only make sense to me if all motorcyclists came to grief as a result of THEIR OWN FAULT which is not the case if you care to do some research.
    I have been ... and STILL see NO sense in your assertions. And I ask myself if there was anything I could have done that could have changed the result. Seldom was the answer NO. Experience (which you obviously lack) would be a great benefit to you.

Even you are aware (well .. should be) that when you ride .. there is a risk you will be involved in a motor vehicle (or other type) accident. YOU took a risk .. so a portion of blame is yours. If you can't take a risk ... stay in bed. You might be of some better use to somebody there at least ...

A (too) large a number of motorcyclists DO come to grief on their own accord. Will you be the next one .. ??
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    a red heap
    You really need to be knocked off your bike as a result of someone elses fault before you will see any sense in my argument.
    That's like saying everybody needs to be murdered before they can see the sense in murder.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    You really need to be knocked off your bike as a result of someone elses fault before you will see any sense in my argument.
    Done that. Your argument is still irrecoverably senseless.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    We could all say if we had stayed in bed that day we would have avoided being hit by the muppet too and like you I would have been better to have stayed in bed on the days I was hit by muppets but we all never know what days they will be eh??
    Was I you, I'd stop riding motorcycles, because you are going to get hit by other vehicles again, and again, do the same thing every time and expect a different result you are either extremely silly or so bloody minded as to think you're not doing something wrong!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    So by your warped sense of justice you would f.
    nonononono. What you need to do is stop thinking that you have any clue,

...as to how others think, feel, or their rationale.

Also. Drink a jug of glycol.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Was I you, I'd stop riding motorcycles, because you are going to get hit by other vehicles again, and again, do the same thing every time and expect a different result you are either extremely silly or so bloody minded as to think you're not doing something wrong!
    Obviously hes doing something wrong freely stating multiple times being hit points the finger at who the Muppet really is

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Any of us and not just me could get out of bed on the wrong day and get hit by a muppit but not all of us have crystal balls to know when that day will be.
    Paranoia is a sign you'd be one dangerous prick at the controls of a motorcycle.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I tried to debate earlier in this thread - but it went even to a greater depth of nowhere than previously I thought possible.

So now, I am just sitting here wanking.

It was difficult to do in this thread, but I managed.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    I'll prolly be crucified for this, but I would be interested in which classes of bikes feature in the highest number of claims. I have my own ideas but for the moment will keep them to myself.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    I'll prolly be crucified for this, but I would be interested in which classes of bikes feature in the highest number of claims. I have my own ideas but for the moment will keep them to myself.
    Scooters hahaha.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Any of us and not just me could get out of bed on the wrong day and get hit by a muppit but not all of us have crystal balls to know when that day will be.
    I have only one question..... are you JAW's brother?
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitdion View Post
    People need to stop bleating BS on kiwibiker about ACC unfairly targeting motorcyclists and actually do something constructive to try for change.
    Constructive would be using the link at the start of this thread and give ACC rational feedback. Backed up by a solid argument to help out our issue of being unfairly targeted by ACC with big ACC levies.
    For me it's simple. Why are motorcyclists targeted when cyclists, pedestrians, rugby players, skiers, foriegners traveling here, going hiking in the mountains for days dressed in sandals and t shirt. Then getting airlifted out by helicopter with hyperthermia at taxpayer expense.
    If they single out motorcyclists, they must also target everyother user group That are disproportional when it comes to ACC directly recieving income compare to there costs for there treatment.
    So with ACC's theory or argument they should therefore impose a direct levy on everybody who walks down the street and crosses a road. Imagine that. Every one having to pay a pedestrian ACC levy. Yeah it's stupid. But that's how I interpret ACC's argument who Motorcyclists should pay more.

So to answer ACC's reasonings. Yes I do think that Car users should subsidize ( as they say) motorcyclists injury care.

Chur!
    Totally agree with this. Rugby has the highest acc risk rating of anything. Don't see them being targeted to pay a licence of $500 to cover their injuries.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    The wrong day is the one you stop looking for problems and threats. The assumption that ... because you are in "the right' ... and within the bounds of law ... you will be safe ... is a crock of shit. About as pointless as pointing the finger of blame ... afterwards ...

Just expect ANY motorist (with any number of wheels) within 50 meters of you ... to do something so stupid ... that you will need to take some action to avoid them. That way you can start planning on how you can avoid them ... before your choices are limited (or non existent).

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Scooters hahaha.
    Interesting reading here ...

http://www.transport.govt.nz/assets/...rcycles-15.pdf

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    So by your theory then if you stick to the speed limit you are no safer than someone who doesn't? What a crock of shit. Like you I dont always stick to the speed limit myself so we are no safer than each other but I am guessing you would exceed it by a greater amount than me. The statistics you post state the biggest cause of single motorcycle deaths is running off the road and that is far more likely to happen over the speed limit than at it.
    No ... my theory was ... that the belief that many have, is that being within the law will keep them safe ... and if they bin it ... it must be someone else's fault.

And all of MY "Off's" were UNDER the posted speed limit. Especially the one's involving other motorists. Were YOUR'S .. ???

Speed is not the dangerous factor. Speed is just one common factor in a lot of accidents. Inability to see possible problems ahead and take steps to avoid them ... is another. Following another motorist too closely ... will put you more at risk of harm than exceeding any posted speed limit. (in my opinion)

Running off the road is more likely in the twisties ... because some retards just can't go round corners. I'd even bet at least one of your "off's" was on a corner.

Thread Information