Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Speeding tickets and 3 at once

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Thanks for clarification. This was what I believed to be in place but your replies confused me (easy to do...). This then means that my earlier point is still valid:

- I get stopped by a traffic officer and given a fine. This fine also includes demerit points (lets say for simplicity that he/she gives me 20 demerit points)
    - As I already have 90 demerit points, and my license would be suspended if I climb up to/over 100, I will hold on paying the fine until after the 20 oldest ones (that I got 23 months ago) drop off.
    - This way I can, even if I theoretically have 110 demerit points, keep on driving/riding. When/if I get stopped in this period I would still be driving/riding legally as only 90 demerit points show on my record. Yes, the demerit points are, once I admit my guilt, added to my old demerit points and backdated to when I did the offence. But as I have waited until 20 points dropped off before paying I am able to ride/drive legally.

Or is there something I am missing here???
    Here's how it works.

You have 90. You get a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign (20 demerits)

You hold off on paying until the first ticket falls off. Then you pay the $150 for the stop sign ticket, post bitchy shit on kb about revenue collecting and settle down to a beer similar to the 5 I've had tonight.

Problem is, the system has a memory. When you pay the one fiddy you trigger the 20 points, which are back dated to the offence date. The system flashes up the balance as being in excess of 100 at some stage within a 2 year period.

Even if you move around for 5 years, all the points drop off and you become a Carmelite nun, that flag doesn't go away. If you get checked by a roadside cop the flag will see you being issued with a 3 month roadside suspension.

When I was a baby traffic cop (1988) you lost your licence for 6 months if you gathered the points within 12 months, and for 3 months if within 2 years. You could delay rhe points at that stage. A review early 90s I think saw it standardised, aBo time too.

Average citizens would just face the system, smart arses would wrought it. So the system eliminated that loophole.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Here's how it works.

You have 90. You get a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign (20 demerits)

You hold off on paying until the first ticket falls off. Then you pay the $150 for the stop sign ticket, post bitchy shit on kb about revenue collecting and settle down to a beer similar to the 5 I've had tonight.

Problem is, the system has a memory. When you pay the one fiddy you trigger the 20 points, which are back dated to the offence date. The system flashes up the balance as being in excess of 100 at some stage within a 2 year period.

Even if you move around for 5 years, all the points drop off and you become a Carmelite nun, that flag doesn't go away. If you get checked by a roadside cop the flag will see you being issued with a 3 month roadside suspension.

When I was a baby traffic cop (1988) you lost your licence for 6 months if you gathered the points within 12 months, and for 3 months if within 2 years. You could delay rhe points at that stage. A review early 90s I think saw it standardised, aBo time too.

Average citizens would just face the system, smart arses would wrought it. So the system eliminated that loophole.
    Cheers
    It took a while but now I get it.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Cheers
    It took a while but now I get it.
    Awwwww. Happy to help. Hic.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Here's how it works.

Or in the case of a previous workmate.... you buy a shiney near new boy racer car and register it to your current address and bingo the system says hey guys he lives here now.
    You can run but you cant hide from big brother.... And btw big brother knocked on his door while he was sleeping and said hand over your (expired) license now....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information