Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KBers in Ashburton? (Checking out a new girl in Ashburton)

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Live 10mins out of ashvagas; probably be able to findout more about the bike than you'd want to know
    Use this guy. Ex trade, got his head screwed on right despite the avatar. Probably knows the guys who serviced it too.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Use this guy. Ex trade, got his head screwed on right despite the avatar. Probably knows the guys who serviced it too.
    Totally agree. T.W.R. knows his stuff

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    I've never ridden 1,200kms in one go before and may be biting off more than I can chew. Would this be doable over a 2 day period?

Cheers!
    The furthest I've ridden in a single day in NZ is just under 1500km's (1491 to be precise:-)). So yes 1200km's is possible but if you've not done those sorts of distances on a bike in a day before I wouldn't recommend the first time being on an unfamiliar bike on unfamiliar roads. I'd definitely split the journey across two (or more) days - anyway if you give yourself more time it gives you a chance to pick a nice bendy route home rather than just sticking to the main roads.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    The furthest I've ridden in a single day in NZ is just under 1500km's (1491 to be precise:-)). So yes 1200km's is possible but if you've not done those sorts of distances on a bike in a day before I wouldn't recommend the first time being on an unfamiliar bike on unfamiliar roads. I'd definitely split the journey across two (or more) days - anyway if you give yourself more time it gives you a chance to pick a nice bendy route home rather than just sticking to the main roads.
    We're done with peak holiday season, getting to a town and scouting around for a room for a night (backpackers, pub etc) shouldn't be too hard... Or you could see who offers from here.

Bike
    Slappy Puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    [SIZE=5]
    I've never ridden 1,200kms in one go before and may be biting off more than I can chew. Would this be doable over a 2 day period? Otherwise I'll look at getting the bike transported up here.

Cheers!
    Totally doable I did 2200km in two days a fortnight ago and it was good fun.

Done 3 other long rides this year. All 14 hours per day but smaller distances because of windy roads, gravel and a 200km fuel tank I figure if you enjoy riding for an hour, more hours just = more fun.

I don't know how to post a pic sorry, but 250cc has been fine for these. I'm assuming your buying bigger than that.

Thread Information