Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite things you like about your motorcycle

Bike
    Several old ones

Favourite things you like about your motorcycle

I have had many bikes of all types over the years, some features/ accessories on these bikes are good some not so good.
    Some standard features, others aftermarket bits and peices.
    Just thought I would be a positive kiwi and note a few things I like on my bikes I have now, and why dont other manufacturers incorporate them into thier models.
    Not interested in the things we dont like.
    (the list would go on forever)

HARLEY
    1)- The petrol cap is on the high side of the tank while the bike is on a sidestand, great idea other bikes I have had require the bike to be on a centre stand to get a full tank of petrol. Why not leave your bike on a side stand at petrol stations, great idea
    2) Self cancelling indicators just great would love this feature on all my bikes.
    3) Oil dipstick can check on side stand, dont need to to put on centrestand, or try and hold bike vertical while checking f...n sight glass
    4) Belt drive, love it. Smooth , no snatch like chain , no oil mess, no clunk like driveshaft , very smooth, no noisy clatter. Agree they can some times pick up sharp stones, chains give issues too, see Ducati are moving some bikes to belt drive, interesting.
    5) Decent sounding horn, not a high pitched squeak.

BMW GS
    1) Seating ergonomics , lovely comfortable position to sit for hours, you can stand up on foot pegs to give your arse a rest after many hours of riding.
    2) Telelever front suspension setup, no suspension dive when braking, great love it.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    They are both Italian

Not new so no new gadgets to like but the St4s is the best all round bike I have owned. 10 years and very reliable. Still has original battery! Tweaked by myself over the years to suit me but fantastic bike. Good things are 21km per litre, comfortable, great handling, reliable, great sound, powerful enough and flies under the radar.

RSV Factory......not sure yet....has nice bright colours

I guess I really like that they both have character.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    my 1979 Kawasaki Z1r had self canceling indicators, not sure why very bike hasnt got them

Bike
    S1000RR
    Digital speedo: It's not my bike specific but I've always found analogue speedo a bit nuisance. It's just a little thing that makes my brain easier to process.

Quickshifter: Makes my riding a bit more lazier. Nothing major but a "good to have" tech.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Harley :

• Removable Windshield & Hardbags
    • Self cancelling Indicators
    • Highway pegs.... comfy as shit & relaxing even 2up with backrest for pillion, ride all day long yea baby
    • Belt drive.... smooth azz
    • Stereo
    • Low end Grunt + Sounds fucken awesome

AN650 Scoot :
    • lectric mirrors & lectric Windscreen
    • Stereo
    • digital everything
    • Oodles of storage, glove boxes, underseat + givi top box
    • 650cc see u laterz suckers
    • Belt drive smooth as butter
    • Comfy as shit even 2 up & can stretch out those aching limbs
    • Good headlights
    • Splitz traffic like a banana on steroids
    • Manual & auto
    Supersize Me

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Actually fair point on the digital speedo. Had one on my GS1000ss and now on my Ducati. Instant speed number. Heaps better than a dial.

I do however like a dial for a rev counter - nothing like watching that arm swing around.

Sound. Ducati, termignoni mufflers. Bliss.

Actually shit loads of good things.

The colour - Ducati red. After a steady long diet of black I like how in a sea of black bikes mine fair glows.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Last owner of my Bandit fitted handguards/barkbusters.
    Never thought I'd say this, but " they keep your hands warm AND Dry and they stop a shit load of nasty things hitting your hands, should be standard equipment on all road bikes, no need for heated grips with these things on board.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    my 1979 Kawasaki Z1r had self canceling indicators, not sure why very bike hasnt got them
    Yamaha had them in the early 70's at least from the coffin tanked RD's onwards Plenty of the early 80's suzukis had them as well, I guess they went out of fashion.
    You could stick out an arm or a leg like the good ol days...........
    A few 250 and 305CC kawa's had belt rear in the 70's as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Never thought I'd say this, but " they keep your hands warm AND Dry and they stop a shit load of nasty things hitting your hands, should be standard equipment on all road bikes, no need for heated grips with these things on board.
    I thought the favourite thing you liked about your bike was the little dragon out front????

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Several old ones
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Yeah GS BMW have these as standard. Great idea, especially in winter and the rain.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I really like the howl mine makes when approaching redline. Thank you Mr Bloor and Mr, er, Arrow.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    CB1300
    Going sound corners.
    Riding a torque wave.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    The sound/the ergo's and the smell of the seat when I get off.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Handy:
    It has a clock.
    Digital speedo.

Meh:
    Lap timer.

PITA:
    Only one of the headlights goes on low beam. The other is the high. Wish it just had dual low/hi's
    Digital rev counter. MEH!
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    2008 BMW K1200S
    EJK, I miss the digital speedo on my Aprilia's.

The BMW,
    Comfort and you can move around and lean forward or sit a bit more upright. I've done a couple of 1200-1400km days on her.
    Duolever front end - no dive, can brake in corners, super stable at high speed. Only down side is it feels a bit vague at slow speeds
    ESA- just touch the button and adjust the suspension settings, great for on the fly changes.
    Paralever rear end shaft drive- has two pivot points, doesn't twist like some other shaft drives. No oiling and cleaning a bloody chain.
    MRA double bubble screen - two inches taller than standard, but not to tall. Also has black out at the bottom that acts as a sun shield for the dials.
    TPS - makes checking your pressures easy to do on the fly. Quick note, the battery for it is $500 plus fitting and then configuring the bikes computer to read it again.
    BMW tankbag- fits perfect and is shaped to continue the angle of the tank so you can lean against it.

Thread Information