Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are some truck drivers so angry? A little road rage this morning...

Bike
    Kawasaki

Why are some truck drivers so angry? A little road rage this morning...

I've had a few cars try and block me on the on-ramps, and Bogan Westies on the North Western Motorway, but never a truck, and never once on the Southern Motorway.

As I approached, everything seemed fine, and the truck was in the middle of the lane.

Then as I passed, I thought that maybe there was something going on in the far left lane, and that he had to quickly move to the right of his lane to avoid it,

but then he stayed there, slowing or speeding up to keep me blocked in behind the car in front of me (there was nothing in front of him when he slowed down).

So I slowed down and tried the other side.

Nope, he's blocking me. He was driving right over the white painted lines, as the cars around him started to get as far away as possible.

I went back to the drivers side to show him my video camera, and see what his problem was, he blocked me again,

and gave me a friendly wave

and I was on my way again, as his antics had scared a few other motorists away from him and/or he realised he was on camera.

Looks like this guy doesn't like bikes, and used his truck to block me, and freak out the cars beside and behind him as he squashed them to the edges of their lanes. There was quite a bit of space around him after everyone following or beside him saw his driving.

He seemed really upset, which was a shame. Probably just needs a hug.

Anyone else had any other truck drivers doing this to them?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Use the phone # on the door.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Yep, just call it in... using a vehicle that size as a weapon? Yeah, don't need him behind the wheel. If that number just gets him instead of a fleet owner, report to police.

Important that throughout all that, you maintain situational awareness, don't want to suddenly find traffic stopped in front of you etc. Mostly I find truckers very accommodating, and don't envy their job of moving such rigs in close quarters with muppets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    I'm not that worried, and can't be bothered following it up to be honest. If it was a car I would've just folded a wing mirror in (or out), and carried on.

This was just hilariously funny at the time, stupidly low-speed truck driver road rage, I could've used the far-far left lane at any time, but I thought I'd capture him on video and see what he had to say. He was too upset to talk to me though. He was sooooo angry!

Just wondered if anyone else had come across anything like it.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (2009)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    Why are some truck drivers so angry?
    Probably just needs a hug.
    Answered your own question? Probably just needs someone to hold them and tell them its all going to be ok.

You've got his number... hmmm... maybe its his way of picking up bikers?

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyO View Post
    Answered your own question? Probably just needs someone to hold them and tell them its all going to be ok.

You've got his number... hmmm... maybe its his way of picking up bikers?
    I didn't get the impression that he was looking for willing participants who are consensual...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I'm not that worried, and can't be bothered following it up to be honest.
    Well don't complain if it happens again. You have already gone to some trouble to start this thread, for a similar effort you could have advised his company or the cops. Then when you ran out of energy, it would have been us who missed out on your story. That's the us who can't do anything anyway so...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    A fast one
    Post the video with a minimum 5 minutes prior to any contact with the truck.

Fast forward it if you must.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Thanks dad.

Bike
    A fast one
    Neville Brothers Ltd

Phone:
    09 426 5901

Address:
    27 Kahikatea Road
    Dairy Flat
    Auckland

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Neville-Bro...3552189763330/

Bike
    A fast one
    If you browse their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...03552189763330

Please note anybody using the Neville Brothers cartage contractors Page is welcome to leave comments on what they see on the page or by all means definitely post photos of our trucks when you see them around especially when you see them miles away from home.

And everybody is also welcome to leave messages for drivers at any time. But please I ask anybody who wishes to make comments that are not dignified or complaints about anybody employed by Neville Bros or complaints relating to driving matters please contact Neville Bros management on 094265901 they will be happy to discuss any issues brought to their attention through the right channels this page is not monitored by Neville Brothers management and if this page continues to receive complaints Of this nature I will simply remove the post and treat those complaints valid or not as though they were sent to a wrong address.
    Cheers admin
    The fact they had to make this post shows there are obviously repeat failures in their driver's abilities to drive safely.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Make sure that this truck using barstard is taken off the road, one day he will simply roll over someone.Use the number for Nev bro's management and tell them what happened. The wanker will be gone before lunch.
    Big up's to Neville's for putting thier name to a page and for asking for help when it comes to identifying bad behaviour away from the page.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    A
    The graphic on the drivers' door isn't Neville Bros...so I'm wondering if it's one of their recently disposed of units with some of the signwriting left in place? They're usually a fairly laid back crew working there.

My view, grab the rego off the truck from your video and talk to your local Police station. Driver of that unit needs an attitude adjustment me thinks...

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The graphic on the drivers' door isn't Neville Bros...so I'm wondering if it's one of their recently disposed of units with some of the signwriting left in place? They're usually a fairly laid back crew working there.

My view, grab the rego off the truck from your video and talk to your local Police station. Driver of that unit needs an attitude adjustment me thinks...
    The logo seems to be NB and the phone number matches their (Neville bros.) business number.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    The logo seems to be NB and the phone number matches their (Neville bros.) business number.
    Indeed it does http://www.silverdalebusiness.co.nz/listing/220098

Thread Information