Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen 2016 KTM RC390 - Auckland Central

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNZ View Post
    Also they cut the locks with an angle grinder and left them behind. Various bits and pieces (steering lock pins, ignition cover) were also left behind. If you see how the grip lock was cut, they did it as efficiently as possible.

I'm still baffled why someone would go through such considerable effort to steal an RC390 - at my work place there is an CBR1000RR and R1 parked on the street 5 days a week.
    Parts... to sell or for their own bike or similar bikes. Doesn't matter what make or model except that some feral needs parts or money.
    Very little effort actually and being an apartment prob everyone there has job and leaves and goes at regular times.

The only thing you can do is not advertise what you own (and what your doping on social media) and engage tactics that would delay an offender, eg more locks or difficult access.
    I've used cutting discs on DIY projects and at work I use bolt cutters quite a bit. even 'quality' locks are easily thwarted.

When my shed got ripped off it was very weird what crims took and didn't take, think it was matter of what they could carry easy and sell easy.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Quality when it comes to CCTV is expensive. At consumer level your resolution is about same as blurry gas station stuff the cops post on facebook.
    In a typical property with house and separate garage ist impossible to effectively cover all access areas with four cameras.
    8 camera systems are not terribly more expensive than 4's
    One thing they are good is at the night vision, good on a winters night when you hear a noise, flick the TV to AV and see whats happening outside.
    more expensive than having your shit taken and only the epic capabilites of the bob to rely on?

IR floodlamps are avail and boost range and clarity on even cheaper units. very easy to spot with due diligence though.

Bike
    gsx250
    I would join the motorcycle buy and sell pages and have a search for the model or any key words. It may take a while but it may pop up. If they're smart it may take a couple months.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That's not a bad suggestion at all. Someone I know was burgled and after a few weeks, being unimpressed by the apparent lack of effort by the constabulary, she took a look in Cash Converters. Lo and behold there was much of her stuff.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    gsx250
    We got some tools and a mountain bike stolen last year and even though we had a good idea of who it might have been done and he was known to the police as a crack head nothing was done. The cops sometimes don't even bother to turn up. I remember there were a few articles in the Herald which showed that burglaries are up and the solve rate was pretty low.

Bike
    2015 Honda CBR650F
    The bastards entered the parking garage on 22/12/2016 at 10.30pm and left with the bike around 11.25pm. They entered via a pedestrian access gate (either the gate was unlocked, they had a key fob or they jumped the fence) and up a flight of stairs. They brought the bike out the same way they came ie back down the flight of stairs.

CCTV footage is pretty terrible.

Bike
    gsx250
    Are you a member of the Facebook groups? Could try to share the photos with a reward or to hustle live etc. Someone will know who they are. And they might be stupid enough to post pics of it to their Facebook page too.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Apparently a lot of stolen items pass through De Sales on fb but you need a student email address to join it.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2015 Honda CBR650F
    Quote Originally Posted by jafagsx250 View Post
    Are you a member of the Facebook groups? Could try to share the photos with a reward or to hustle live etc. Someone will know who they are. And they might be stupid enough to post pics of it to their Facebook page too.

Yep I have done so.

To be honest at this stage given that it's been close to 3 weeks since it was stolen, chances are it's already been taken around for a joy ride or been chopped up into parts. Would rather just take the insurance payout (hopefully next week) and get on with life.

Bike
    gsx250
    Yep I have done so.

To be honest at this stage given that it's been close to 3 weeks since it was stolen, chances are it's already been taken around for a joy ride or been chopped up into parts. Would rather just take the insurance payout (hopefully next week) and get on with life.
    What are you going to replace it with?

Bike
    2015 Honda CBR650F
    Quote Originally Posted by jafagsx250 View Post
    What are you going to replace it with?

I'm 3 months away from my full. I think I'll give my back a rest and get an MT-07 or Duke 690 then. Though that would mean I would miss out on summer riding.

Bike
    gsx250
    I'm 3 months away from my full. I think I'll give my back a rest and get an MT-07 or Duke 690 then. Though that would mean I would miss out on summer riding.
    That's a bummer. Not much point buying a cheap 250 only to have to go through the hassle of selling it and potentially losing money.

Bike
    the best one
    Dirty little cunts - bet ya they have tiny cocks.

Anyway how they turn the bike on?

Keep an eye on Facebook for sale - it's the prime South Auckland collection centre

Bike

Question

Couldn't even read a license plate with that quality. Rough.

Bike
    2015 Honda CBR650F
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilia_RS250 View Post
    Dirty little cunts - bet ya they have tiny cocks.

Anyway how they turn the bike on?

Keep an eye on Facebook for sale - it's the prime South Auckland collection centre
    They hotwired it...somehow. It probably wouldn't have taken them more than a minute to cut through the locks but they fucked around for almost an hour to get it started.

They got spooked quite a few times, an alarm would have sent their arses running for good I reckon.

Some videos (horrible quality I know)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ksenlm1m5...23207.avi?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b058svwpxx...23538.avi?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eclbhl8ky8...30025.avi?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztztr7hpcm...32243.avi?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e8u5ntv04...32244.avi?dl=0

Thread Information