Thread: Bike cover.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)

Bike cover.

I have an Oxford bike cover. It's a silver/grey one and I use it all the time as I don't have a garage, (just a front porch.)

Recently a neighbour's cat pissed on it and it stinks to high heaven! Is it safe to wash this? I'm a bit concerned as it's very thin and I don't want to demolish it. Will washing it affect the waterproofing?
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    I'm a bit concerned as it's very thin and I don't want to demolish it. Will washing it affect the waterproofing?
    I would wash it on a 40 degree cycle and then give it some food to build it up.

Bike
    A
    Recently a neighbour's cat pissed on it and it stinks to high heaven! Is it safe to wash this? I'm a bit concerned as it's very thin and I don't want to demolish it. Will washing it affect the waterproofing?
    Use a bucket of lukewarm water, bit of dishwash liquid and a dash of bleach, sponge on, rinse off.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    im surprised there are cats walking about in the phillipines

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    im surprised there are cats walking about in the phillipines
    it would appear to be quite a bright cat in that it has stayed thin, now if Daffy were to wash it like he has asked and then feed it up as berries suggests then it may be more of an attractive proposition for some one.

as for the cover i would soak in mild detergent in a bucket, cat piss is hard to get out of anything, then rinse, not sure how this will affect the cover but he can let us know if it dosen't work so we all know not to do it

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Thanks guys. Yes, there are a lot of cats here and most of them ARE thin. I don't know the cat that did it as there are a few about, so I might just have to demolish any that I see. Dogs, on the other hand, are all over the place... nearly every household has at least one. Our neighbour has five.

I'll try the warm water with detergent, and maybe a little bleach and/or a little baking soda. I'll post the result.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    ... I'll post the result.

Couldn't resist...

Seriously, I can't offer any suggestion other than white vinegar in water...

Thread Information