Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buses running red lights

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Perth now it's $360 a year and they hate bikes.
    Perth is kind of an odd place - when you're on a bike, people tailgate you like you're riding 20 under the limit, so when you pull across to let them aside, they hold the same speed you were previously doing... I rode a mate's GSXR600 on the GC a while ago, got stopped three times in less than an hour - was doing the speed limit, totally legal with rego and insurance - apparently that's a QLD welcoming committee...
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Just sayin.

There are no demerit points for red light offences.

Anyone know that? As long as you are happy to keep paying the fines, the system is happy for you to keep running reds.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    Phlegm is one of those words that sounds just as odd as it reads. Standing at Auckland Airport some years ago now, and an Asian guy called a up decent amount of phlegm and then lobbed into the ashtray part of the rubbish, better than on the ground I guess but I looked in his direction and said ''You Dirty Cunt''...thankfully I don't think he understood me other wise he may have Kung Fu'd my arse.
    Thank you for so gracefully correcting my spelling... I love the word phlegmatic. It makes me think of stoic, which is another word I love.

10 points for actually saying those poetic words to his face. Likely, he didn't know Kung Fu. Most fighters are very calm and have respect, the dirty spitty foul mouthed ones usually don't.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    hilariously, the wording on the notice (and ergo probably in legislation) is ...~"failed to stop when compelled to by a red disc"
    \

Just for a change, you're wrong.

The wording is "Failed To Comply With A Red Traffic Signal".

And for completeness, here's an excerpt from the Land Transport (Road User) Rule.

(5)
    While a steady red signal in the form of a disc is displayed or 2 alternately flashing red signals in the form of a disc are displayed,—
    (a)
    a driver of a vehicle facing the signal or signals must not enter the controlled area, but a cyclist may enter ahead of a marked vehicle limit line and stop behind a marked cycle limit line:
    (b)
    pedestrians, riders of mobility devices, and riders of wheeled recreational devices facing the signal or signals must not enter the roadway unless a special signal for pedestrians indicates a green walking human figure symbol

I guess you qualify under Para. b, as a rider of a wheeled recreational device.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    \

Just for a change, you're wrong.

The wording is "Failed To Comply With A Red Traffic Signal".

And for completeness, here's an excerpt from the Land Transport (Road User) Rule.

(5)
    While a steady red signal in the form of a disc is displayed or 2 alternately flashing red signals in the form of a disc are displayed,—
    (a)
    a driver of a vehicle facing the signal or signals must not enter the controlled area, but a cyclist may enter ahead of a marked vehicle limit line and stop behind a marked cycle limit line:
    (b)
    pedestrians, riders of mobility devices, and riders of wheeled recreational devices facing the signal or signals must not enter the roadway unless a special signal for pedestrians indicates a green walking human figure symbol

I guess you qualify under Para. b, as a rider of a wheeled recreational device.
    tilde cunt. learn it. you just proved my point.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNZ View Post
    Anyone else think this shit is getting out of control?

Working day in day out I must say there is no place worse than in the Auckland CBD. Just today as I was turning right off Queen St, a good 3 seconds after my light turns green this CityLink bus is not even halfway through the intersection. I give the driver a gentle sound of the horn and the thick c*** even had the audacity to give me the finger.

These bus drivers seem to think that they have some god given right to bend the laws in their favour just because they are providing a service to the public.
    Yeah mate. But they are way way bigger than a bike -- being in the right is not always the best option
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information