Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BOTS Paeroa 2017

Bike
    08, r6

Battle of the street, Paeroa

Hey guys,

I have been in NZ for 1.5 years now and recently got myself a r6 again. I came across an advert for the Paeroa race last week and looks like it could be a really good day out. I take it this is like New Zealand version of the TT?

I am thinking of riding down but if the weather is bad i may just drive instead.

Is anyone else riding down from auckland area that i can tag along with.

Thanks

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    no-one's ever started a thread about this before.

Bike
    08, r6
    that's quite surprising as i thought it would be a busy day with a lot of riders attending from what i have been told.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsGB View Post
    that's quite surprising as i thought it would be a busy day with a lot of riders attending from what i have been told.
    no-one ever goes there. the crowds in all the pictures are photoshopped.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    On a good day a crowd of about 20,000 people. Less TT and think more of street race around small village.
    All the main street shops stay open selling food drink and booze.
    Take it easy getting there, the whole route infested with road policing units as nearly every year someone doesn't quite make it there or home again.
    Take some ear plugs or buy them at circuit, you get real close to racing, couple of points where you cans tash your helmets and ridng gear for five to ten bucks....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160221_8456ff.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	269.9 KB 
ID:	328665  
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Reckon they'll be selling riding gear down there? Looking for a reasonably priced leathers set (2piece zip together prefferably) never been before, bikes all cleaned up and quite looking forward to it

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post
    Reckon they'll be selling riding gear down there? Looking for a reasonably priced leathers set (2piece zip together prefferably) never been before, bikes all cleaned up and quite looking forward to it
    No NZ bike events are a bit shite for that compared to overseas. One year I had hundreds cash in me pocket and gay distributor refused to sell me the tank bag he had on display..... there might be some stuff but wouldn't hold yopur breath...

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Yeah there was 5/8ths of sfa at Wanganui.

Considering a trip down to Eltham to have a chat to the team at 1tonne, but thats nearly a full weekend mission

Bike
    suzuki
    Yeah there was 5/8ths of sfa at Wanganui.
    You mean stuff for sale, it's a public holiday, what dealer wants to do that then, after everybodies just spent there xmas money and a large part of out of towners are on bikes so can't be arsed carrying shit around the track and then home....

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    You mean stuff for sale, it's a public holiday, what dealer wants to do that then, after everybodies just spent there xmas money and a large part of out of towners are on bikes so can't be arsed carrying shit around the track and then home....
    And that sort of attitude explains why dealerships are dying off and the internet is taking away sales. Paeora and Wanganui are as effectively a full on trade day/expo opportunity as wed be likely to get.
    Plenty of people take cars and dealers could ship stuff.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    And that sort of attitude explains why dealerships are dying off and the internet is taking away sales. Paeora and Wanganui are as effectively a full on trade day/expo opportunity as wed be likely to get.
    Yep, seems like a wasted opportunity when you have access to a large amount of motorcyclists at a motorcycle specific event, who would no doubt be interested in motorcycle products (or anything else automotive).

Rod Millen hosted his annual Leadfoot festival over the other side of the hills from Paeroa in Hahei a couple of weeks ago, and had plenty businesses on site with a lot of stuff to look at, or sell/order to the public who came from near and far in cars or on motorbikes.

Lots of $ to be made if you're a business who wants want to turn up and sell stuff.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    yip, maybe, but travel on xmas day, sell boxing day, what are the penal rates alone for that, especially when everyone is over xmas. paeroa would be way more lucrative than wanganui, and a huge range of dealers within a couple of hours too.

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Leadfoot was bonkers.

Their carbon fiber umbrellas are baws tho, scored me one of them real fast.

Guess i'll just take money and hope :-P

Bikes clean, new exhaust is on, fuuuuuark its loud, baffle is tucked under the pillion seat just in case.

First paeroa, keeeeen

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    boxing day
    Sorry, I missed that part (meaning) of your original post. I should have known, but forgot as I usually see it on TV afterwards.

You're right, there will be some obstacles compared to the Paeroa date, but It would still be worthwhile considering the numbers of the crowd involved though wouldn't it?

Bike
    08, r6
    I was actually hoping to do the same myself. I did however go into red baron this morning and ended up getting a RST race leather jacket (2 piece) and back protector for $340. He had a big discount on afew of the jackets + pants. The jacket alone was $569 i think before the reduced price.

Thread Information