Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who has the best radar detector?

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10

Who has the best radar detector?

Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    I have the same one and have had it for many years. I have the X & K bands turned off and therefore get very few false detects. Sure the K band is used for camera vans but the warning is small anyway and I always see the van before the radar went off. The police cars use the Ka band so no need for the K band anymore IMHO.

Have always used the LED and it usually catches my attention but am now looking at maybe a sena SM10 to hook it to the aux output of the TPX and bluetooth it to my helmet which is always linked to my phone anyway.
    I run Ka band only which stops all the false beeps. The SM10 linked to my SENA headset is a great setup. Highly recommended!

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I had a Valentine years ago until some pricks nicked it off the bike. Having recently endured a roadside revenue officer I went out the next day and bought the Adaptiv TPX. Really easy to install on bike and no hassles switching it between car and bike. Cheaper than the V1

To be honest I have not yet used it enough to determine if it is better or worse than the V1. Cops use the hand held laser a lot now, which was why years ago I didn't see replacing the V1 as cost effective.
    Thumbs up for the TPX. Pleased I bought it.

Proving very handy in both the car and on the bike. Drove to Hamilton twice recently. Plenty of advance warnings, enough to save my bacon if I had been exceeding the limit - which I wouldn't because that would be wrong. Using it on my commute every day almost as it is handy when lane splitting and those rare times that I feel forced to use the shoulder. Cop sometimes hides around the curve, sorry parks, on shoulder near MacKays crossing and Porirua-Johnsonville areas during peak hour.
    Really easy to switch modes, turn up/down the volume, dim lights, press for instant silence (silences current alert for 20 or 40 seconds) handy stuff.

Even when I thinking it's giving me a falsie, it proves me wrong.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    2017 BMW S1000R

Tpx 3.0

Just had the TPX 3 installed on Friday would have to agree nice and easy to operate on the bike, and got the wireless earpiece to go with it which works well. Apart from a liking for petrol stations the only other activation was accurate. Not sure if the TPX 2 had the fixed camera locations built in but the 3.0 does.
    A good friend will bail you out of jail........
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying Damn we f****d up

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetie View Post
    Just had the TPX 3 installed on Friday
    Being thinking about getting a TPX. Can you keep us updated on its use....cheers.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    1992, CBR250RR MC22
    TPX 3 users: What's the consensus? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one after one too many close calls.

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I have had a belltronics 950 for 11 years. It has paid for itself 50 times over.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    2017 BMW S1000R

Tpx 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sphericalcow View Post
    TPX 3 users: What's the consensus? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one after one too many close calls.
    Had the TPX 3.0 on the bike since I bought the bike and so far so good,picks up circa 1km or slightly more when its triggered for me. It does love petrol stations for false signals. Overall I like it and its easy to use and I bought the earpiece for it which I would recommend as well.
    A good friend will bail you out of jail........
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying Damn we f****d up

Bike
    Kawasaki zx14
    I have a Beltronics magnesium XR NZ AUS It does the job well but I only have it set for the radar in the cop cars. Because if you get pulled over and ticketed by police you get demerits. For the speed cameras and vans by the time it beeps your pic is taken same with there speed gun and the frequencies these use have A LOT of false alarms and after a while you become complacent. That's just my experience with my detector but it's the only one I've ever had in say all this. Cheers

Thread Information