Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: stuck on the road side

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    No list exist, the procedure is fairly simple, you logon and request assistance giving details including your phone number and wait for a response.
    As long as you put it in the right forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Have a good look at YOUR own Friends list ... is the advice I give to members. Even friends you haven't met. Have friends in all parts of the country ... or log in to KB and see who else has logged in that you don't have on ignore (or worse).

I suspect Cassina probably wouldn't help me. Probably just as well actually ... would be safer without her (it's) help ...
    But would YOU help Cassina?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    As long as you put it in the right forum
    Precisely, but if not, a kind hearted Mod will ensure that it will be moved to the correct forum with no infraction collected due to the circumstances.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    But would YOU help Cassina?
    I probably would actually ... I've stopped quite a few times on the road to help (or ask if they need help). If I really need help .. I don't really get that fussed who helps me ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    I probably would actually ... I've stopped quite a few times on the road to help (or ask if they need help). If I really need help .. I don't really get that fussed who helps me ...
    Yer a better man than me then FJ, cause I would not piss on that bitch if she was on fire,Neva.
    Having said that, I've stopped to enquire of Harlyey riders, trumpy riders, all sorts as to if they're OK, helped a few, meet many good buggers, hard to ride or drive past a stopped bike.
    Wife and I are both with roadside assist outfits, it's come in very handy over the years, transported a totally US Kwakasaki Eliminator (Literally blew apart the gear box, stone hit exactly on the end of the gear lever)from Taihape's Gentle Annie Highway back to Dorkland, took the AA 3 weeks but they got it back to us, nearly in one piece.Wife very upset her bike was so badly hurt, thankfully she wrangled it under control and coasted to a stop, no damage to her.
    Poor ol Bandit looked pretty sad with 2 tubbies and gear aboard, but the ride back to Taihape was actually very satisfying, first tiem with wife on the baqck of my bike for nerly 20 years.
    Good her having her own bike, but you know what, even after 20 yrs, she hopped on the back and within 5 minutes, she simply wasn't there, just like she used to be, way bck in the day.
    Slidy mate, Swann do good insurance and a comprehensive roadside assist package too.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    My AA membership at about $70 a year takes care of me. Collected and transported me twice and got me running again once.
    +1 on the AA, I have AA Plus and that got my bike shipped home ( 800kms) and a motel for the night plus cheaper gas and

countdown discount yadda yadda yadda.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    if i see a biker stopped on the side of the road,alone i will stop if able esp if they seem to be in trouble.I sometimes will even go back!

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    from Taihape's Gentle Annie Highway back to Dorkland, took the AA 3 weeks but they got it back to us, nearly in one piece.Wife very upset her bike was so badly hurt, thankfully she wrangled it under control and coasted to a stop, no damage to her.
    Poor ol Bandit looked pretty sad with 2 tubbies and gear aboard, but the ride back to Taihape was actually very satisfying,

Remember it well = wish I had taken photo's = great trip away and brill what your family did. KFC was te answer to a long day

cheers and beers

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Actually, I think we went to Mangawhai to meet up with you lot, but you may not have been a part of the 'you lot' lot back then?

Party Time
    Yep, I remember the incident tho...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    .... so the power of KB should not be underestimated ...
    That and discussing the integrity of the molecular structure of materials used in the construction industry.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Cheers guys, I will look at insurance and AA.

Does KB have a list of people (ph numbers) around the country that maybe available to assist or help if contacted?
    This idea was put forward in 2005, obviously didn't go any further.

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...ghlight=Needed

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Thanks for the input guys, just read through about 50 pages of mostly Gobbly Gook in my motorcycle insurance policy and found a small section on roadside assistance, so am feeling abit happier.

Now, the other thing I found while ploughing my way through all the jargon was that you must notify if you alter or add to your motorcycle in any way, wonder if adding the little tool bag has to be notified?

I imagine once my suspension has been improved with new Ohlins and racetech etc, and the new exhaust system fitted I wont have any cover if something happens on the ride back from New Plymouth? they (insurance companies) always seem to be looking for a way out.

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    if i see a biker stopped on the side of the road,alone i will stop if able esp if they seem to be in trouble.I sometimes will even go back!
    Ditto. You normally find they have run out of petrol:-)

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, just read through about 50 pages of mostly Gobbly Gook in my motorcycle insurance policy and found a small section on roadside assistance, so am feeling abit happier.

Now, the other thing I found while ploughing my way through all the jargon was that you must notify if you alter or add to your motorcycle in any way, wonder if adding the little tool bag has to be notified?

I imagine once my suspension has been improved with new Ohlins and racetech etc, and the new exhaust system fitted I wont have any cover if something happens on the ride back from New Plymouth? they (insurance companies) always seem to be looking for a way out.
    You'll find alterations/modifications don't affect insurance near as much as is made out. As long as you have a chat with your insurer about changes, most minor stuff is fine.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    You'll find alterations/modifications don't affect insurance near as much as is made out. As long as you have a chat with your insurer about changes, most minor stuff is fine.

I am hoping they reduce my premiums after spending so much to improve the handling and optimally the safety of the bike, lol.

Thread Information