Thread: Auckland Motorbike clubs

Bike
    2016 Victory Highball

Auckland Motorbike clubs

Hi all,

I know there is a thread about this already but its 3-4yrs old now.

Anyway …. My dad and I have recently started riding again. We both have V-twin cruisers and are looking for clubs, people and/or events that we could share our passion of riding with.
    Ideally we prefer the classic, vintage and V-twin scene over sports bike but we are not picky just looking for a good bunch of people to ride with.

Is there any clubs/groups in the Auckland region that have regular rides/meets?

We don’t have any friends that ride so it’s hard getting word of mouth information from anywhere. The internet has provided very little information apart from the ‘Two Wheel Club’ in Auckland.

We were riding last Sunday (11th June) and came across the vintage motorbike club having their annual fish&chip cruise to Kaiaua/Miranda. That was amazing as we saw some really cool bikes (old Vincents, 20’s Harley and some 40’s Indian Chiefs), met Hugh Anderson and other interesting people. Unless I heard wrong they have nothing online about them?!

Many thanks,

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...free the spirit, free the mind, fuck the other people, just ride and ride and leave all that shit behind...

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    The Vintage and Veteran Car Club of NZ have bike sections at most of their centres throughout the country. That's who you would have seen at the annual Kaiaua Fish n Chip Run last weekend. Give Martin Spicer a ring :092336382 or 0274454593 or spicerclan@vodafone.co.nz for club and run details. I'm a member of the Waikato section based in Cambridge and most centres have annual bike rallies and monthly rides and general BS sessions. That's if you wanna mix with a bunch of ol' farts on cool bikes anyway

Bike
    gsx250
    There's a few threads on here about group rides. Most weekdays there's one.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    The Vintage and Veteran Car Club of NZ have bike sections at most of their centres throughout the country. That's who you would have seen at the annual Kaiaua Fish n Chip Run last weekend. Give Martin Spicer a ring :092336382 or 0274454593 or spicerclan@vodafone.co.nz for club and run details. I'm a member of the Waikato section based in Cambridge and most centres have annual bike rallies and monthly rides and general BS sessions. That's if you wanna mix with a bunch of ol' farts on cool bikes anyway
    For VCC your bike/car needs to be 30 years old. With 2018 just around the corner that means 1988 bikes are eligible, lots to choose from. 40 year old bikes are only about $60 a year to register and there are some good 70's machines.

I have noticed a trend for modern Triumph retro bikes to be more frequent as the owners struggle with aged bikes and bodies.
    You need to be on a fastish bike for the Fish and Chip run as the queue get pretty long.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Ulysses? I don't know what the Auckland branch is like, even though they meet just down the road!

Bike
    2013 Suzuki GSX1250FA, 2013 Suzuki DL650
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Ulysses? I don't know what the Auckland branch is like, even though they meet just down the road!
    There's strong Ulysses branches in Auckland and North Harbour, each of which puts on a group ride almost every Sunday. See their websites at https://www.ulyssesauckland.org.nz/ and https://www.ulyssesnorthharbour.org.nz/. There are also rides every Tuesday (going South) and Wednesday (going North or West) organised by Ulysses.

Another group I'm somewhat involved with are the Road Rats, which are mostly a younger bunch. Their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/roadratsAKL/. They have occasional group rides and more frequent impromptu ones.

Bike
    2016 Victory Highball
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post
    Another group I'm somewhat involved with are the Road Rats, which are mostly a younger bunch. Their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/roadratsAKL/. They have occasional group rides and more frequent impromptu ones.
    I cant seem to locate them on Facebook. The link provided leads to no where. Do you have any other contact details for this group?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronor View Post
    I cant seem to locate them on Facebook. The link provided leads to no where. Do you have any other contact details for this group?
    link works ok for me, just sayin

Thread Information