Thread: Tyre fitting in Blenheim

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650

Tyre fitting in Blenheim

Hi All

Anyone know of a suggested bike tyre fitter in Blenheim at all?

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Isnt there a Kawasaki shop near the holiday camp ground and a Z on the main drag heading north ?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    not many general garages like to fit bike tyres as motorcyclists tend to be fussy pricks. bike shop should be able to help out for a fee, i sometimes buy tyres from cycletreads and get em fitted locally but at the moment its actually cheaper just to buy em local. i take wheels out and take em in and shop will normally fit them free of charge if i purchase from their but normally around thirty a wheel if i get em else where.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Yeah I've had flats fixed by ordinary tyre shops or garages. They don't like it but you can talk them into it. Just assure them that it'll be fine and hold their hand while they're doing it... bit like dating virgins...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    I tried to get a puncture repaired in Westport on a Saturday morning once on the TT2000. None of the tire shops would touch it unless I took the wheel off the bike. The reason being that they say they are not mechanics so are not allowed to. Guess you don't have to be a mechanic to work on a car tire.
    Took it to the only bike shop open and he said he did not have time and to take it to a tire shop.

In the end I had to put a dog turd in it and one tire shop used a bit of their goo to seal it for me as it was still bubbling at bit.

I now carry a repair kit that can be warrant approved and is like a mushroom. Certainly won't give anyone in Westport any custom ever again with their attitudes.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    to be fair to them, it is more/technical work to remove/re-install a motorcycle wheel than a car wheel

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    I tried to get a puncture repaired in Westport on a Saturday morning once on the TT2000. None of the tire shops would touch it unless I took the wheel off the bike. The reason being that they say they are not mechanics so are not allowed to. Guess you don't have to be a mechanic to work on a car tire.
    Took it to the only bike shop open and he said he did not have time and to take it to a tire shop.

In the end I had to put a dog turd in it and one tire shop used a bit of their goo to seal it for me as it was still bubbling at bit.

I now carry a repair kit that can be warrant approved and is like a mushroom. Certainly won't give anyone in Westport any custom ever again with their attitudes.
    I think you're being a bit unfair. The bike shop was too busy and offered you a good alternative. The car tyre shop wont remove a bike wheel, that's good because they don't know how. Why didn't you do it? If you didn't have the tools (fair enough) then get some. If you don't know how to do it (fair enough) then learn. It's pretty easy.
    I had to hitch a lift into town once with a flat tyre, I took the wheel with me. Better than wrecking the tyre by riding on it
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    R100GSPD
    agree 100 percent....sometimes you have to help yourself.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Kawasaki shop (used to be called peter grinter) on grove road as mentioned by the petrol station (corner of budge street if im not mixed up)

Theres also a Honda shop on redwood street.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Actually I'm with the Westport crowd - there is a point when really, ya just can't keep open taking on more work. Then again ......

Car places - rural may do a bike wheel if you take it off, city shops won't touch em.

Then you get ones like my Ducati or a Triumph with a single swingarm and a big wheel nut torqued up to Jesus limits. Some bike shops won't have the correct socket ......

Thread Information