Thread: 2008. Suzuki DR200E-Brake pedal assembly removal..

Bike
    2008 SUZUKI DR200SE

Cool 2008. Suzuki DR200E-Brake pedal assembly removal..

Hi everyone.Newbie poster..ha...Seeking advice on getting brake pedal lever off on my 2008 suzuki dr200se...Rear brake pedal was seized when I got bike.Im slowly going thru and fixing things on it as I'm doing it up..Got back wheel off and taking bits off to replace with new or repaint etc..But the brake pedal arm has got me stumped.Ive undone nut at back holding it on,but there's like a skinny half nut after that.Top and bottom flat edges then rounded ends..I'm not sure if this unthreads or just pushes straight thru hole.The whole arm is just tight..Have tried googling but no info or images to help me...How can i take this thing off..Any help would be much appreciated,and slow my drinking down..ha....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGABITE1 View Post
    Hi everyone.Newbie poster..ha...Seeking advice on getting brake pedal lever off on my 2008 suzuki dr200se...Rear brake pedal was seized when I got bike.Im slowly going thru and fixing things on it as I'm doing it up..Got back wheel off and taking bits off to replace with new or repaint etc..But the brake pedal arm has got me stumped.Ive undone nut at back holding it on,but there's like a skinny half nut after that.Top and bottom flat edges then rounded ends..I'm not sure if this unthreads or just pushes straight thru hole.The whole arm is just tight..Have tried googling but no info or images to help me...How can i take this thing off..Any help would be much appreciated,and slow my drinking down..ha....
    you photos didn't come through

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Yeah, photo would help, so we don't give you a bum steer...
    If my imagination serves me correctly that 'half nut' is a washer that sometimes gets caught on the threaded bolt, so you need to unscrew or gently drift the bolt all the way out. Then the arm will pull off the shaft.
    Or maybe I'm completely wrong...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGABITE1 View Post
    If this is what you have ... The arm is on a spline. the nut holds locking bolt in place. Tap the threaded end of the bolt and it should slide out. Remember the order the bits come out. If undue force and time has bent the clamp ends ... a little force to separate them may be required. The gently lever the arm off the spline shaft.

Download (or buy) a workshop manual for your model. It will make the whole job easier ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009_suzuki_dr200se_14.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	331455  
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2008 SUZUKI DR200SE

Cool Brake pedal removal..

Thx for replys..Will update,when time allows..Never enough time in a day,ha...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16Z,!)kE9s4,BEDtBR5K8!hmbQ~~60_1.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	331463

Thread Information