Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyclespot Yamaha, no longer Honda

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    That's where you're wrong mate. They'd all be thinking that they would be undercutting them and costing them sales.
    Well Ive heard today that it could well be happening soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Well Ive heard today that it could well be happening soon.
    Bluewing opening a shop?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Bluewing opening a shop?
    Yerp, mega shop with bikes, boat motors etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    When Hampton in Christchurch went exclusively Honda the plan was that it would be a flagship shop with importer support - eventually introducing the Honda water-sports items.

Unfortunately they did this just as the world went to financial shit so presumably expansion went on hold .... and Honda had a boring range 2010 to ..... well 2017 really. They dumped the bikes a few years back, concentrated on gear and went bust some months back.

That's a problem with a exclusive dealership in NZ. You best have product people want.

Bike
    A
    As much as it may hurt individual dealerships, there's merit in this approach as it cuts out the middleman. So if the end user can get the same product for less, it may end up improving sales? Torpedo 7 springs to mind as an example of how this approach seems to work.

That's a problem with a exclusive dealership in NZ. You best have product people want.
    I suspect the exclusive dealership in NZ doesn't work too well with bikes as the economy of scale hurdle is never cleared. Not enough bikes sold overall, let alone individual brands, to support a dealership. It's gotta be either multiple brands of bike, or multiple products from the one manufacturer. Be interesting to see how Blue Wing go...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    it cuts out the middleman. So if the end user can get the same product for less,
    I don't think that will be any part of a Blue Wing plan. Their idea will be for Blue Wing to get a bigger share of the money. Having said that though, it's sometimes dificult to see any logic in what they do.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Exactly.

Hondas biggest issue is a lack of interesting bikes lately.

Look at Yamahas approach to getting out of the global economic crisis that hit the industry some years back - lay low for a few years designing new and interesting bikes then launch them.

Honda and Suzuki ......

Kawasaki bolted on a supercharger at least.

The Europeans - they just released better and better models while the Japanese slept.
    I like the Africa twin... yeah its and old bike re-done and I can't afford one but still...

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Exactly.

Hondas biggest issue is a lack of interesting bikes lately...
    I don't think it's fair to use the local market as a gauge. Overseas Honda has been taking way more risks than Yamaha by introducing genuinely new bikes and it's paid off for them in a couple of cases - NC bikes are best sellers in Europe I believe, and the Africa Twin - whether it qualifies as a new design I don't know, but putting a DCT in it is a completely new approach, and they're selling too. And believe it or not, there's even a lot of pre-sales interest in this:

Meanwhile Yamaha introduces...a triple. And that two front-wheeled scooter thingy that Wellington thinks is a car.

OK this stuff from Honda doesn't float many boats here locally, but I don't think you can criticise them for that.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I don't think it's fair to use the local market as a gauge.
    I respectfully disagree as the local NZ Honda market IS the NZ Honda market. And if their importer Bluewing is not prepared to introduce interesting rides made by the Mother Company then they (and their dealers) suffer.

That scooter looks pretty cool actually for urban fanging.

Here's what Bluewing would do: Watch the overseas market for a year or two - oh look it's selling really well - lets bring them in to NZ, and since they are selling well overseas lets load up the NZ price.

Then two years later they discount then by 25-30% to clear 'new old stock' that did not sell because it was too expensive ......

It's not all bad - I picked up a brand new 06 build Honda Hornet 900 in 2007 for $9.5k. When the 900 was released in 2004 in NZ it was $15k ........

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    I respectfully disagree as the local NZ Honda market IS the NZ Honda market. And if their importer Bluewing is not prepared to introduce interesting rides made by the Mother Company then they (and their dealers) suffer...
    Yeah I'm painfully aware of how Bluewing operates - my NC is way overpriced here new compared to where it slots into the range overseas. I'm hoping that's not Honda's fault for overcharging them due to the size of our market.

That scooter looks pretty cool actually for urban ranging...
    Its odd Honda dont have a 650 Africa Twin like Suzuki make the Vstrom in both 650 and 1000cc engine sizes.
    Heh, that scooter is the closest thing Honda has to a mid range 'Adventure' bike...it's designed for off road use as well and uses the same 750 twin as my bike

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/r.../overview.html
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    And believe it or not, there's even a lot of pre-sales interest in this:

I want one! seriously would own one of them.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    all bluewing have to do is fucking bring in the Honda Cub/super cub 110 again... the dickheads

Bike
    Toyota Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    As much as it may hurt individual dealerships, there's merit in this approach as it cuts out the middleman. Be interesting to see how Blue Wing go...
    Isn't Bluewing Honda technically the middleman? If there wasn't a distributor involved then what would the bikes cost?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMichaelMichaels View Post
    Isn't Bluewing Honda technically the middleman? If there wasn't a distributor involved then what would the bikes cost?
    Good question......

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMichaelMichaels View Post
    Good question......
    The answer to that is Suzuki NZ.

Thread Information