Thread: No riding for me for a while! :(

Bike
    z800

No riding for me for a while! :(

Fortunately it didn't happen while riding but it's gonna keep me off the bike for a while!!

https://scontent.fakl1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ac&oe=59F718D9

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    Jeeeeeezzzzz. Did the surgeon get a new Makita last week?

Bike
    z800
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxythingy View Post
    Jeeeeeezzzzz. Did the surgeon get a new Makita last week?
    It certainly looks that way!

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    And a small steel ski?

ouch

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    You've got my sympathies.....been there done pretty much the identical thing

Unfortunately I snapped mine a few months after it was fitted so ended up getting another put in along with some more bone grafts

PS: no reason to keep you off a bike either I rode mine to the 1st check-up after leaving hospital....got plenty of looks walking into outpatients in the leathers carrying a helmet and the arm in a movable cast & support brace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapper 2.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	332062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapper 1.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	332063  

Bike
    z800
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    You've got my sympathies.....been there done pretty much the identical thing

Unfortunately I snapped mine a few months after it was fitted so ended up getting another put in along with some more bone grafts

PS: no reason to keep you off a bike either I rode mine to the 1st check-up after leaving hospital....got plenty of looks walking into outpatients in the leathers carrying a helmet and the arm in a movable cast & support brace
    Yeah that is pretty similar. Not pleasant at all!! I'll be takn it easy, don't wanna re break it. Plus the wife would be super not happy if i jumped on the bike. Not worth that extra drama!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Ouch! Get well soon as...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifsn8u View Post
    Yeah that is pretty similar. Not pleasant at all!! I'll be takn it easy, don't wanna re break it. Plus the wife would be super not happy if i jumped on the bike. Not worth that extra drama!
    I shattered the ulna head and upper shaft dislocating the radial head at the same time, damaged the radial nerve at the same time ( I had no movement in my hand for nearly 2mths). Had a total of 7 seperate operations over 10yrs, those included 3 sets of metalware & 2 bone grafts (both grafts taken off the inside edges of my pelvis, both of which were more fuckin painful than the initial injury). End result was very restricted ROM of the arm and bloody awkward sleeping for a very long time and continual phantom pain.
    When that 1st plate broke and was started to be rejected the big screw that went straight down the ulna head came out through the skin and was real a friggin issue by itself.....showed a guy I was working with at the time and one look at it and he almost chucked his guts then & there

Bike
    z800
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    I shattered the ulna head and upper shaft dislocating the radial head at the same time, damaged the radial nerve at the same time ( I had no movement in my hand for nearly 2mths). Had a total of 7 seperate operations over 10yrs, those included 3 sets of metalware & 2 bone grafts (both grafts taken off the inside edges of my pelvis, both of which were more fuckin painful than the initial injury). End result was very restricted ROM of the arm and bloody awkward sleeping for a very long time and continual phantom pain.
    When that 1st plate broke and was started to be rejected the big screw that went straight down the ulna head came out through the skin and was real a friggin issue by itself.....showed a guy I was working with at the time and one look at it and he almost chucked his guts then & there
    Shiiieeettttt, that is bad. Okay so perhaps not quite as similar!! Although my radius dislocated it managed to relocate itself from what the Dr said. Luckily all nerve endings etc have remained intact.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Bugger. Take it easy mate, hopefully you'll be recovering soon.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifsn8u View Post
    Shiiieeettttt, that is bad. Okay so perhaps not quite as similar!! Although my radius dislocated it managed to relocate itself from what the Dr said. Luckily all nerve endings etc have remained intact.
    One of the 1st nurses that was looking after me at Waikato Hospital reckoned if it'd been 5yrs earlier it probably would've been an amputation job, I counted myself lucky after hearing that but I when came back down south was lucky enough to get the top orthopedic surgeon for limbs in NZ, he got things somewhere near usable again thankfully...threatened me though with if I did any more damage to it or it took a turn for the worse it'd be either a replacement elbow joint out of a cadaver or artificial but that meant by the time I hit 60 I'd be looking at having the elbow fused with no ROM.
    He wasn't pleased to see me again for a greensleeve fracture I did to the same arm a few years after he'd thought he got things as close as he could to a permanent fix.
    But that's what you get from using a FJ1100 & MkIII cortina as a launch pad to do a 20m @ 70km/h impersonation of Superman and unintentionally using your left arm as the landing skid on to tarseal

Thread Information