Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gareth Morgan & Politics

Bike
    1982.5 Yamaha XZ550

Gareth Morgan & Politics

I first noticed this globe trotting biker when he sensibly told government that we should pay ACC levies based on the rider not the bike!! A mate just posted this on his FB page and it rang true now as then.

"TIME TO PLACE A STAKE IN THE GROUND. In the last 30 years I've watched the Kiwi dream my father and so many other tupuna who fought for us, quietly get ripped apart by 'free market' politicians. Even when I served as a police officer I would never have believed what I'm seeing now in this great country of ours. Without even talking poverty 3 out of 4 people under 40 now rent. Politicians from all sides have quietly done deals while 'bullshitting' us - just like the frog in the pot (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog)
    My reason for this post? YOU - I'll probably be gone in the next 10 years, and will get by till then. However, I've got a small OPPORTUNITY to give you something to THINK about, and hopefully act on. There is an OPPORTUNITY to get people into government who aren't politicians thank God, and possess 'INBUILT BULLSHIT DETECTORS'
    Despite what you see and hear, THE OPPORTUNITIES PARTY, have a real chance of not only getting into parliament, but also hold these mongrels accountable.
    All I ask is that you turn the tv off, do some research, and make a decision. If this post has caused you to pause for a moment, I've done my job. Thanks for reading📷😉"
    http://www.top.org.nz/

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Could you please explain why we are still being raped and pillaged by ACC then despite him spending a significant amount of time involved with their 'safety' committee and why we bikers are paying an extra $30 a year to fund that feel good circle joyride.....

This guy only gets to waste oxygen on the airwaves due to his crazy sound bites he provides the media and the get rich quick fame from his sons trademe dealings (lucky setting up at the right time with that one).

Completely blown his credibility now with his attacks on Winston, realising TOP isn't going to break 5% let alone get an MP in he's resorting to attacking others policy and using to tactical voting to disrupt democracy.
    But hey if you want a rat plague from feline genocide and Stalinist controls on rental property market that guarantees poor people rent will rise every year.... then vote top.......
    Just because hes ridden a bike doesn't make him one of us.....

I don't call working in finance markets as having had a real world job either.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    BMWG450X
    Couldnt agree more. I dont even like Morgan very much, but I cant argue with the policies and thats what I voted for.

I really believe this is our last chance to get rid of the the "Trough Feeders" and have some sensible "Normal" people representing us, if not as speakers at least as policy setters. If you think the Pollies dont realise the danger to their wallets Morgan represents, look at the FUD being spread!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    He's not a fan of the pussy.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    It's a sad state of affairs that I have to try to vote for the least offensive person/party....

Can't see a single one I could choose on merit.

A bit like chosing which bone in my body would I like to see broken.

Bunch of spineless ,selfish and self serving bunch of twats without vision or prospects
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Bloody Morgan is bored shit less. ...

To much money does that,

So he finds himself something to do, kill a bit of time.

Winston has proven again and again that he us just full of hot air.

Bill English can barely keep the smirk of his face....prime bloody minister! Even he can't believe how he ended up in charge.

The greens mean well but couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

So of course people want to like Jacinda.....

We so desperately want to find somebody that is genuine , honest and respectable that we project that wish into the only person that hasn't been there long enough yet to discredit herself....
    Brilliantly played

Can we just start our own party?
    How hard can it be?
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Do it, I might vote for you!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    vote akzle .

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Bloody Morgan is bored shit less. ...

To much money does that,

So he finds himself something to do, kill a bit of time.

Winston has proven again and again that he us just full of hot air.

Bill English can barely keep the smirk of his face....prime bloody minister! Even he can't believe how he ended up in charge.

The greens mean well but couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

So of course people want to like Jacinda.....

We so desperately want to find somebody that is genuine , honest and respectable that we project that wish into the only person that hasn't been there long enough yet to discredit herself....
    Brilliantly played

Can we just start our own party?
    How hard can it be?
    At least Morgan and his party have some well thought out policies which try to address the growing inequalities in our society.I am not sure it will come to any good until we revise our economic system to one which is good for each country rather than the global elite.I cant help but think that some serious shit will go down before that happens

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    I cant help but think that some serious shit will go down before that happens
    there could be some serious outcomes if the current financial crumbles completely.

we wont be able to buy new bikes

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So you think the ownership taxes he will bring in are well thought out? His thinking is very communist in my opinion.
    bro are you alright?
    you didn't mention group rides or speed advisory signs.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    bro are you alright?
    you didn't mention group rides or speed advisory signs.
    fallen off hobby horse?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    At least Morgan and his party have some well thought out policies which try to address the growing inequalities in our society.I am not sure it will come to any good until we revise our economic system to one which is good for each country rather than the global elite.I cant help but think that some serious shit will go down before that happens
    Morgan lost me when he started bagging Winston.....
    very immature and unbecoming of any serious politician who has something positive to offer.

Bill English is yet another mudslinger.....

Cant see me voting labour BUT Jacinda only talking head at moment who doesnt stoop to this low level.....

she may be just about the only adult at play at moment.....(dont like what she is selling, but like the fact she is selling, rather then fingerpointing)

The whole planet has already sunk so deep in the shit , that a fuckin fart will smell like fresh air ....

I will vote for Anybody who has the guts to introduce drug and alcohol testing in beehive......
    running a country while under influence surely should become unacceptable....

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post

I will vote for Anybody who has the guts to introduce drug and alcohol testing in beehive......
    running a country while under influence surely should become unacceptable....
    Won't happen till a speaker with a backbone is appointed - and independent of elected politicians too.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Won't happen till a speaker with a backbone is appointed - and independent of elected politicians too.
    We could call it: Il Duce!
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information