Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Dogs can actually move quite fast did you know? The dog breed known as Greyhouds are actually used for racing did you know? Unless it happens to you I guess you will never believe dogs can run faster than it takes you time to brake/swerve or power away.
    Did you speed up when you first saw the dog?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you guys are just fucking masochists.

don't engage (it's pointless)
    if you really must say something: call it a fuckwit.

move on with your lives. hope it dies horribly.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    That was not the dog crash situation I was in as it was the dog that accelerated into my path and not the other way around. What does your ridng school teach you about how to handle a situation where a dog could run into your path?
    you're a fuckwit
    Its just luck. Some others have comented on here that going to riding school will not make you bullet proof against the screwups of others and in such an instance its bad luck or would you say they went to the wrong school or did not pay attention in class?
    you're a fuckwit
    Ever heard of shit happening before you have the time to do anything? I bet not and I bet your riding school would never believe shit could happen so fast too.
    you're a fuckwit
    It improves your luck but only if you do a centre line hug to get as far from it when it pulls out as you can.
    you're a fuckwit
    Or into the bus by placing false trust that you you have been seen by the driver.
    you're a fuckwit
    I ride with a finger over my brake too but did not need to go to riding school to learn that experience taught me instead. I have only riden a bike in Auckland on holiday once years ago.
    you're a fuckwit
    Dogs can actually move quite fast did you know? The dog breed known as Greyhouds are actually used for racing did you know? Unless it happens to you I guess you will never believe dogs can run faster than it takes you time to brake/swerve or power away.
    so you managed to run over 4 greyhounds? nice to see you've added "or power away" to your previously binary options. a shame you're still a fuckwit and think they're all under the umbrella of luck.

you're a fuckwit

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    That was not the dog crash situation I was in as it was the dog that accelerated into my path and not the other way around. What does your ridng school teach you about how to handle a situation where a dog could run into your path?
    Ignore them and take NO avoiding action. 99% of the time they merely try to scare you away from THEIR tertritory. The last 1% of dogs are suicidal ... so its pretty much up to YOUR bad luck if you meet one of those.

You go where you look ... so don't look at them. Do not try to kick them as you'll probably break your ankle (even in steel toe-cap boots)... or a few toes.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Ignore them and take NO avoiding action. 99% of the time they merely try to scare you away from THEIR tertritory. The last 1% of dogs are suicidal ... so its pretty much up to YOUR bad luck if you meet one of those.

You go where you look ... so don't look at them. Do not try to kick them as you'll probably break your ankle (even in steel toe-cap boots)... or a few toes.
    There is a Bulldog down the road I have tried to use as a kicker, in the trials sense, a couple of times. They can change direction faster than you would think.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Its just luck. Some others have comented on here that going to riding school will not make you bullet proof against the screwups of others and in such an instance its bad luck or would you say they went to the wrong school or did not pay attention in class?
    Just maybe ... they're just smart enough to figure out common sense actions to everyday issues. AND ... Intelligence to see issues arising before they become a problem. THEN take actions to avoid it in time.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    There is a Bulldog down the road I have tried to use as a kicker, in the trials sense, a couple of times. They can change direction faster than you would think.
    If you kick out at them ... all it achieves is to upset (badly) your own balance.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you guys are just fucking masochists.

don't engage (it's pointless)
    if you really must say something: call it a fuckwit.

move on with your lives. hope it dies horribly.
    So, officially the end of this tripe
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If you kick out at them ... all it achieves is to upset (badly) your own balance.
    No, no. Trials. I've tried to wheelie off it. Fat little bugger can turn on a sixpence.
    I learned not to kick dogs when I was a kid on a push bike. Never ended well.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Ever heard of shit happening before you have the time to do anything? I bet not and I bet your riding school would never believe shit could happen so fast too.
    They actually teach you how to see things that could/might turn bad if you don't take steps to avoid it. Ignore those signs and it will go shitty ... really fucking mind blowing fast.

They are very much aware how fast a situation can develop ... but the "wise" ones that have not done any rider training ... seem to have the most problem dealing with it.

Funny that ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    It improves your luck but only if you do a centre line hug to get as far from it when it pulls out as you can.
    Because ... Next to the center-line is the safest part of the road at ALL times ... right .. ???

If you ride a big powerful "get fucked" sports bike like a Honda CB750 ... you can ALWAYS power out of EVERY dangerous situation that somebody ELSE has created for you ... right ... ???

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I just don't understand your inability to believe any form of training may assist you in the future. Surely you apply some form of formal training/teaching in the rest of your life that has positive results.

There must have been a bad incident with a teacher when you were young .....

No one has ever stated that doing a riding training course will make you all seeing and all knowing, but it is highly likely that you will learn something that your will apply each time you ride.

How bad would that be?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Or into the bus by placing false trust that you you have been seen by the driver.
    Don't TRUST anybody.

The issue is NOT "Have they SEEN you" ... it is NOT changing their intention to pull out in front of you ... usually believing they have time ... and trusting
    (assuming) YOU will take action to avoid hitting THEM (and they are in a hurry). Even if it means YOU running off the road.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I guess I must have a lot more confidence in my riding ability than others on here to not need to go to riding school.
    That does more to show stupidity than intelligence ... but keep it up ... you'll die soon anyway.

Bike
    R6
    I guess I must have a lot more confidence in my riding ability than others on here
    Truer words were never spoken, how you can have any confidence after the myriad of hounds mown down is beyond us...

Thread Information