Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Road toll - Police stupid obsession blaming speed

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Ignore them and take NO avoiding action. 99% of the time they merely try to scare you away from THEIR tertritory. The last 1% of dogs are suicidal ... so its pretty much up to YOUR bad luck if you meet one of those.

You go where you look ... so don't look at them. Do not try to kick them as you'll probably break your ankle (even in steel toe-cap boots)... or a few toes.
    And if all else fails, make sure you have released the front brake before impact. You want the wheel rotating.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Purple Vespa 250

I would:

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    .50 is like 12$ a shot. a fucken .22 would do.
    vote akzle
    Gladly part with the $12.00, just to be sure to be sure.
    A condom is to keep ones Pipe clean.

Bike
    I Ride No More

Advice Requested

Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    But as I have been trying to get through to you lot for a long time whether you can brake or power away is depended on the distance and speed the dog is running when they run out.

But I'm still not clear on what to do.

Perhaps you could illustrate for us, with some worked examples, showing
    speed and relative position of dog ?

I'm not sure whether the size or breed of dog is relevant to the argument.

Though I'm fairly sure that:
    1. Failure on the dog's part to check its blind spot, and
    2. The risk of me being rear ended while taking avoiding action
    can both be safely ignored.

I look forward to your helpful reply.

Yours,
    "Confused"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    You are assuming that there is always time to do something which in my case there wasnt. If it happens to you too maybe you will not have time to do anything either but I bet your riding school would say there is no such thing as having no time to do anything. Just follow the directive of your riding school or do you feel there are situations that not even they can teach for?
    What breed were the dogs you killed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    You are assuming that there is always time to do something which in my case there wasnt. If it happens to you too maybe you will not have time to do anything either but I bet your riding school would say there is no such thing as having no time to do anything. Just follow the directive of your riding school or do you feel there are situations that not even they can teach for?

But you said earlier that with your "real world experience", you were far
    more knowledgeable than my riding school.

Which is why I contacted you.

Yours,
    "Disappointed" (formerly "Confused")

Bike
    Purple Vespa 250

Barking.

I SAy: WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoofWOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof,WOOF woowoowoooowoof:http://www.zzcartoon.com/videos/kink...t-as-hard.html
    Last edited by crack; 14th February 2018 at 11:54. Reason: Sorry my mistake, this is for Cassinas clarification
    A condom is to keep ones Pipe clean.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Not all dogs bark as they move did you know? So to think that they do just proves how out of touch you are to think you will never be hit but a dog because you will be able to hear it coming in plenty of time to get away.
    As for splitting hairs all I have done is raise a very big issue on the fact what they teach in riding school is limited to only situations where a rider has full control. That is maybe an inconveniant truth to you and some others on here.
    Did you know that a 350 Chevrolet engine has a bore and stroke of 4" x 3.48" and has 8 cylinders?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Just follow the directive of your riding school or do you feel there are situations that not even they can teach for?
    This is what we have been trying to get through your thick skull for months now. Y yoo no rissen?

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Nobody can teach anyone everything. But if one can be taught key principles, then that acquired knowledge can then be applied to similar circumstances. Have you ever wondered why even the university degree does not teach you everything about the subject of the degree you graduate with? They teach you principles for critical thinking.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    You can never be too careful when you're on your motorcycle. Why, this guy even got attacked by a turkey.

Some parallels here with real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuFsUj4Tew
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I would have no idea as to breeds. I have no idea whether they were killed or not but hopefully they were so they
    were not likely to run out and hit anyone else.
    So you want to kill animals. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2018 BMW R nine T Pure
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    You can never be too careful when you're on your motorcycle. Why, this guy even got attacked by a turkey.

Some parallels here with real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuFsUj4Tew
    Looks like the turkey is about to bite the dust right at the end with the help of the caged driver in the white bmw.
    Just never know what kind of crazy wants to knock you off your motorbike - even a turkey.....

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    But if I did not think when I ride I would fall off lots of times due to MY own fault and not the fault of others.
    But you don't think and you do fall off.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you're a fuckwit
    I would have no idea as to breeds. I have no idea whether they were killed or not but hopefully they were so they
    were not likely to run out and hit anyone else.
    you're a fuckwit
    But if I did not think when I ride I would fall off lots of times due to MY own fault and not the fault of others.
    you're a fuckwit
    With your way of thinking then if you hit an animal on the road I hope the animal lives and not you. Why do you not value human life above that of an animal? Many animal lovers have been badly injured or killed trying to avoid them on the road. I guess thats ok with you.
    you're a fuckwit

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    just... wow.
    did you mean to link that or was that accidental capy-pasta?

Thread Information