Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On Road Costs

Bike
    1989 Honda Bros

Question On Road Costs

Looking at buying a new Suzuki 150 for under $3000 but on road costs are +$500 and servicing has do be done at the dealer during warranty at $250 at the time. Is there a way to avoid the on road costs and the expensive servicing or are these costs standard?

Bike
    Yo momma
    For a $250 service on a 150cc 4 stroke I'd expect at least new tires or a blowie. There is just nothing to do.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Smoke View Post
    Looking at buying a new Suzuki 150 for under $3000 but on road costs are +$500 and servicing has do be done at the dealer during warranty at $250 at the time. Is there a way to avoid the on road costs and the expensive servicing or are these costs standard?
    don't road register it, and don't use it

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    It doesn't have to be serviced by the dealer, just has to be serviced correctly. And it won't void the warranty.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Not new ... but 1300 km's. $2600 ono

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1411050771.htm
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Fucks sake are you 12 years old?

You want to ride new that's the cost of first time rego.

You want a new bike, and a factory warranty and the corresponding service history for when you sell it so you can ask top dollar, pay the dealer the service costs.

End of story.

It's called being a adult. Don't like it ride a push bike. No rego, no servicing fees. Pull wheelies without the law razzing on you. And chicks dig that bar between their thighs when you dub them.

Bike
    R6
    Pretty standard mate, can't be avoided really, just factor it in to the buy price (the dealer almost certainly is). Compare vs a second hand bike and you might get a lot better value for 3.5k

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Years ago I got free registration and servicing if I gave blow-jobs.
    Fixed it for you.

Proportionally they sell shit load more cars. Likely have a higher profit percentage. And I don't know but I suspect the importers (Ford, Honda etc) assist with the 'free' servicing.

Car rego is cheap compared to a motorcycle. Unfair to compare the two - $520 a year for the bike, as low as $77 for a car.

Bike
    A
    Welcome to the adult world. Yes this is pretty standard, the ORC will comprise 6 months rego and dealer prep. You can negotiate a little if you've got the cash, or just buy used. One or two year old bikes can make sense dollar wise

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    A better way to go would be to perhaps put the retail price of the bike up to cover servicing and registration as I am sure that would be how its funded with car dealers that don't state registration and servicing are additional costs.
    Possibly. But us motorcyclists are a bitchy bunch and if shop 'A' in Christchurch added on road to the new bike ticket price, we would have been Googling before buying and find out that shop 'B' in Ashburton has them ticketed $500 less. You ultimately pay the same total but no doubt KB would be full of 'rip-off' dealer posts.

Bike
    1989 Honda Bros

Cog All included

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Possibly. But us motorcyclists are a bitchy bunch and if shop 'A' in Christchurch added on road to the new bike ticket price, we would have been Googling before buying and find out that shop 'B' in Ashburton has them ticketed $500 less. You ultimately pay the same total but no doubt KB would be full of 'rip-off' dealer posts.
    It would be easier if they included all the costs when advertising a new bike.

Bike
    1989 Honda Bros

Thumbs up Watch list

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Not new ... but 1300 km's. $2600 ono

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1411050771.htm
    Thanks, it's on my watch list.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It would be easier if they included all the costs when advertising a new bike.
    While I agree hidden costs suck-arse.

But $19,995 sounds a shit of a lot better to your wife than $20,550.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    There is the cost of the bike, that's about the only negotiable part, ironically if you finance it you'll get a better price and pay at the other end instead.

Then there is the proportionately exorbitant cost of first registration, no escaping that.

If you want to maintain your warranty you pay the shop for servicing, it costs money to have other people do stuff for you. The dealer only wants to take the risk of damage done by their own ham fisted mechanics, not whoever you choose to take it to in order to save yourself $25, or yourself at home.

The only advantage I can see of paying the premium for buying new is that nobody has had a chance to fuck with it yet.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Registration is what it is. We have to pay regardless of whether we pay within the sale price or separately. Doesn't matter. I prefer paying it separately. Almost all dealers I have seen advertise prixe +ORC. That allows comparisons.

Thread Information