Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current State of Akaroa Rd

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I'm entirely unclear on the attraction of riding on a crap road with a zillion camper vans. Especially now that it's as smooth as a cheese grater.
    moving slalom skills test?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Resurfaced does not mean it will be better than it was ... or better (or worse) in the near future.

Any road can (at best) be only hoped to be ... as good as the last time you rode it. This can be confirmed only by you ... when you ride it.
    Seriously? If you think I will take a comment off the internet as to blindly predetermine how I will ride, you are bonkers. However, that comment will help give me an awareness of what to expect and how to approach that corner.

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    Despite signs being removed on the flat, lots of loose gravel still, you can do 100 in a car, but it feels a bit squirmy especially outside tyre tracks, luckily worst bits are on the straights.

Last driven today at about 5:30pm.

If I notice more roadworks I shall let you know, I would anticipate them repairing the corrugated corner on the little river side of the hilltop road sometime soon hopefully. My tyres squeal a bit going round that corner sometimes.

Bike
    I suspect considerable repairs are going to happen in the top third of the little river side soon. Long overdue, but booooooo!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I suspect considerable repairs are going to happen in the top third of the little river side soon. Long overdue, but booooooo!
    It's really quite shit presently. If they lay down some of that sweet smooth black stuff it will be worth the wait.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    It's really quite shit presently. If they lay down some of that sweet smooth black stuff it will be worth the wait.
    The whole hill in smoooooth black seal.... and a rescue chopper on standby at the Hilltop! Job jobbed! Did I mention the one way only betwwen 9.00-11.00 am, other way 11.00am to 1.00pm and total ban on cars, tourists, cyclists, buses, campervans and officers, with ambulances and recovery vehicles having dispensation. I have given this some thought....

Thread Information