Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I had a group of learners out on Gebbies Pass today. It was an ACC Bronze Course. People learning good road skills.

We were overtaken by a series of tossers on a variety of high capacity bikes. One such tosser went past me on a blind left bend on his Moto Guzzi, on the wrong side of the road.

I expect by now he'll be sitting having his third Woodstock, congratulating himself for how awesome he is.

Wonder not why motorcyclists are being killed in increasing numbers. Tossers'R'Us explains the problem succinctly.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I had a group of learners out on Gebbies Pass today. It was an ACC Bronze Course. People learning good road skills.

We were overtaken by a series of tossers on a variety of high capacity bikes. One such tosser went past me on a blind left bend on his Moto Guzzi, on the wrong side of the road.

I expect by now he'll be sitting having his third Woodstock, congratulating himself for how awesome he is.

Wonder not why motorcyclists are being killed in increasing numbers. Tossers'R'Us explains the problem succinctly.
    It's not just bikers that have scant regard for their own (and others) safety. This morning was overtaken by a car on a blind uphill bend, lucky for him I backed the truck right off, or he'd have been a hood ornament on the oncoming big rig. Not even 15 minutes later same Richard Cranium is parked outside a cafe. Yes I made the obligatory phone call, although he really deserved a lead disprin...

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    It's not just bikers that have scant regard for their own (and others) safety. This morning was overtaken by a car on a blind uphill bend, lucky for him I backed the truck right off, or he'd have been a hood ornament on the oncoming big rig. Not even 15 minutes later same Richard Cranium is parked outside a cafe. Yes I made the obligatory phone call, although he really deserved a lead disprin...
    You should have stopped and pissed in his $8 latte

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

Rode a couple of hundred Ks on/off gravel yesterday. With a group. I felt no pressure to keep up even though Im a Newb at gravel. I know right whats up with that with ADV riders...... Everybody seems to be out to look at the views and not race.

Except one bellend coming the other way on a sealed road. Dude on an Africa Twin came round a right to him turn with his whole body in my lane.

I could go a Woodstock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    The Associate Transport Minister Julie-Anne Genter has called a meeting with officials: "Ms Genter has called together officials from the police, the Ministry of Transport and the NZTA for an urgent meeting on Tuesday."

She's concerned with the rising road toll - today the road toll was equal to that for all of 2016.

If you were able to be at that meeting on Tuesday and able to make one suggestion that might help lower the incidents of appalling driving which possibly lead to fatalities on the road, what would you suggest?

The full report from TV3 news is here: Crisis meeting as road toll hits a grim milestone

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post

If you were able to be at that meeting on Tuesday and able to make one suggestion that might help lower the incidents of appalling driving which possibly lead to fatalities on the road, what would you suggest?
    ]
    vote. fucken. akzle.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    The Associate Transport Minister Julie-Anne Genter has called a meeting with officials: "Ms Genter has called together officials from the police, the Ministry of Transport and the NZTA for an urgent meeting on Tuesday."

She's concerned with the rising road toll - today the road toll was equal to that for all of 2016.

The full report from TV3 news is here: Crisis meeting as road toll hits a grim milestone
    Do they realy want to know?

Not that hard if they would......
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    If you were able to be at that meeting on Tuesday and able to make one suggestion that might help lower the incidents of appalling driving which possibly lead to fatalities on the road, what would you suggest?]
    Issue all road users with a mirror so they can see a picture of what needs to change.

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Unlike some on here I never ride with the fear of being at fault maybe due to the fact i am delusional and coz God loves me.... unlike others.
    In the unlikely event I was ever at fault coz i have my head up my rose smelling arse... I guess that will bring an end to my desire for those at fault paying higher ACC premiums.
    how the fuck are you gonna get a corpse to pay a higher ACC premium
    you dumb fuck....i think you will find EVERYONE rides with the FEAR of being fuckin KILLED as the highest price to pay...at that point ya dead...the cost is irrelevant
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha,,,,,hahahahahahah.....you is funny......PRAY tell....do you ever ride with the fear of being KILLED regardless of whom is at fault...bwahahahahahaha....i got 44 years riding....how many years have you been riding with the lord and angels at your side then expert...and if so then how come you crashed as you have already admitted to....maybe your GOD doesn't really love you after all..........do tell oh wise one.........
    yep... you truely are a fuckwit....now thats GOSPEL
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    It was on the good
    A big call stating that appalling driving leads to fatal crashes. Generally they are small mistakes which unfortunately due to the amount of energy involved result in massive trauma. No idea how you stop someone from making a genuine mistake.

I would however ban Chinese nationals from driving here. I will wager three more locals killed before the end of the year by a Chinese driver who lacks the basic skills we expect of a 15 year old learner. It is well past time that action was taken.

And obviously I would ban motorbikes as well. If you are serious about road safety you can't allow two wheeled vehicles on our roads. Fucking death traps, unstable vehicles with stupid power to weight ratios.

Long live the GSXR.

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Unlike some on here I never ride with the fear of being at fault maybe due to the number of years I have been riding unlike others.
    In the unlikely event I was ever at fault I guess that will bring an end to my desire for those at fault paying higher ACC premiums.
    HOLY FUCK....you are immaculate...perfect....so when are you going to open a Motorcycle Riding Skills School ?
    ***** POLITICIANS *****

*******KASPA*******

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Most at fault crashes would not result in the death of the person at fault though so they would have to pay up.what proof can you offer for this statement They could always bring in the death penalty for anyone at fault where their actions result in death and I bet that would have the effect of reducing crashes too. I am not actually religious but just raised the topic of a possible judgement day in reply to a poster that said if you die at fault of causing a crash there is no difference to dying not being at fault. We will never know if there will be a judgement day until after we are dead though.
    you are still a fuckwit
    ***** POLITICIANS *****

*******KASPA*******

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Most at fault crashes would not result in the death of the person at fault though so they would have to pay up. They could always bring in the death penalty for anyone at fault where their actions result in death and I bet that would have the effect of reducing crashes too. I am not actually religious but just raised the topic of a possible judgement day in reply to a poster that said if you die at fault of causing a crash there is no difference to dying not being at fault. We will never know if there will be a judgement day until after we are dead though.
    ok..gonna have to try again
    why would "most at fault crashes" NOT result in the death of the person at fault.Please provide EVIDENCE/STATISTICS that can be confirmed to back up this statement
    So you are saying that people who are at fault/make a mistake that results in a death on the road should be put to death? Interesting...you seem to have totally missed the point that if you have a crash on the road resulting in someones Death,yours or the other guys,whether it is your fault or not,...you still run the same risk of the same result...DEATH......my point being you should always drive,and most of us do, with the fear that you might be killed on the road through no Fault of my own no matter how safe you think you are driving/riding...the highest price to pay..how the fuck is your idea going to make me drive any safer than that....with or without Gods help
    Risk of the Highest price to pay....Cassina...$$$$$$
    Risk of the Highest price to pay....Everyone else.....DEATH
    Oh i almost forgot...you are a fuckwit...
    ***** POLITICIANS *****

*******KASPA*******

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    What a shit place to take learners on a day like that
    Winge about encountering a bunch of head jobs on Gebbies on a perfectly fine early summer day what did you expect?? Gebbies is as notorious as the akers road and you took newbs into that environment you need to think more about your charges & exposing them to that.

Why do you think the ones who've ridden those roads for decades ride early morning & avoid it completely during the height of the day solely to minimise the risk of encountering the muppets both on two wheels & cars

Bike
    KTM
    the shit thing is that julie anne genter is an unelected official who only moved here 9 years ago (from the states, no less) and is a bicycle loving idiot

whatever she comes up with we're fucked

get ready for GPS anklets for all Motorcycle riders so they can ping us automatically for

speeding
    unsafe acceleration
    passing too close to a precious bicyclist
    making a mean noise with your motor
    looking scary and scaring people

enjoy the lifestyle while you can lads, this shit ain't gonna last forever!

Thread Information