Thread: Finding place to work on bike in Wellington

Bike
    1987 MZ ETZ 300

Finding place to work on bike in Wellington

Hi KB

I just got back to Wellington after been in Sydney for the last 2.5 years, and I brought my bike back with me from Australia.

My bike that I brought back is an 1985 MZ ETZ 250, however it needs a bit of work before it can go for its entry cert and rego as the previous owner never used it, it just sat in his collection for the last 10 years. My original plan was to take it to rising sun workshop and fix it up myself with help from a mate in Sydney. It was a great place as I was living in an apartment complex and couldn't work on the bike at home, basically at RSW you could work on your own bike and they would provide all the tool equipment required, and the occasional bit of advice if required.

Turns out I am in the same situation here, where I am living in an apartment and I'm not allowed to work on the bike there, is there any shared workshop spaces like rising sun workshop in Wellington (Ideally in the city)?

Alternatively any recommendations of bike shops in the city that would be at least mildly competent on working on an old east german bike?

And finally so I have it in the back of my mind for when everything is done, where is the closest entry compliance shop to Wellington City for motorbikes?

Cheers

Andrew

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    Not sure about any shared work spaces around, but there are some pretty good bike shops in Wellington.
    I go to RS Motorcycles out in Lower Hutt and Robert seems pretty good so far. TSS have a good name but are always really busy. I have heard good things about Independent Motorcycles as well. Boyles used to be my shop of choice but i work in the Hutt so RS is more convenient for me.

You could try joining the Wellington Riders Facebook group and asking there. Some pretty helpful people on there who might be able to help with space to work in.

Good luck

Thread Information