Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kaikoura coast road, heard eff all since it's been open

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    That's how to get the best service from the police. Live your life in a way that never needs them.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Yeah, you might have missed the point of what Awayatc was posting. Normally I've got a lot of respect for what you say Rastus but this glib little line had me saying "are you fucking kidding me"

Let's clarify: he needed police help, the police were useless, when he went out of his way to help the cops they left him hanging in a situation where the gangs were interested in him.

It must've been completely shit.

Look mate, New Zealand has an increasingly serious set of problems with its own police force. Everyone who isn't a cop knows it, everyone on the other side of the blue line just keeps on trotting out the same tired old "we know best" responses when any attempt at a dialogue is started. It is frustrating, to say the least.

It is well and truly time for a discussion in which the police listen to what Joe Public has to say. We used to have a great working relationship between cops and public. It could be that way again. I really can't see that happening while things are done the way they're done now, though.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Yeah, you might have missed the point of what Awayatc was posting. Normally I've got a lot of respect for what you say Rastus but this glib little line had me saying "are you fucking kidding me"

Let's clarify: he needed police help, the police were useless, when he went out of his way to help the cops they left him hanging in a situation where the gangs were interested in him.

It must've been completely shit.

Look mate, New Zealand has an increasingly serious set of problems with its own police force. Everyone who isn't a cop knows it, everyone on the other side of the blue line just keeps on trotting out the same tired old "we know best" responses when any attempt at a dialogue is started. It is frustrating, to say the least.

It is well and truly time for a discussion in which the police listen to what Joe Public has to say. We used to have a great working relationship between cops and public. It could be that way again. I really can't see that happening while things are done the way they're done now, though.
    I entirely agree. I left due to frustration. I've had time to look at it from the outside, and I still think the problems are significant.

But I also think people who expect the police to solve their problems probably had a chance to solve that problem before it became a problem.

Of course, some problems are totally unpreventable.

I'm more interested in preventing problems than solving them. Or expecting society in one form or another to solve them for me.

It's been a common theme for me for some years. If you expect too much of a government agency, that's where disappointment comes from.

Bike
    R6
    I entirely agree. I left due to frustration. I've had time to look at it from the outside, and I still think the problems are significant.

But I also think people who expect the police to solve their problems probably had a chance to solve that problem before it became a problem.

I'm more interested in preventing problems than solving them. Or expecting society in one form or another to solve them for me.

It's been a common theme for me for some years. If you expect too much of a government agency, that's where disappointment comes from.

Here's a thought, instead of the road tax, cops should go out and prevent crime...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Here's a thought, instead of the road tax, cops should go out and prevent crime...
    Seatbelt tickets are proven to encourage seatbelt wearing.

Which is proven to reduce injuries.

Is seatbelt enforcement collecting road tax?

Given that Police get 21% of their funding from the Land Transport Fund for the purpose of road enforcement, it would be fraud for them to claim that 21% and not actually do the traffic enforcement.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r

Problem is that they haven't got time/interest/competence to do their job anymore.....
    To busy collecting revenue.

That was always part of their job, and accepted as such.
    Police had Joe public's respect(including mine) ......
    Respect is one thing you got to earn......hence they haven't got it anymore.

The 2 occasions where I expected the police to police appropriately they failed miserably.
    One resulted in a police authority complaint ( causing serious grief for the officer involved)
    The second one I solved myself as well.....

Can't see myself ever expecting the thin blue line to do anything helpful on my behalf.

Unfortunately my kids were privy to some of these blunders and have even less respect then me.
    I lost mine....
    They never had any to lose in the first place....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    R6

Given that Police get 21% of their funding from the Land Transport Fund for the purpose of road enforcement, it would be fraud for them to claim that 21% and not actually do the traffic enforcement.

That's nice dear, but seatbelt wearing is a problem people (victims) had a chance to solve before it became a problem. How about stopping the criminals which the people (victims) do not have a chance to stop before they become a problem eh?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    That's nice dear, but seatbelt wearing is a problem people (victims) had a chance to solve before it became a problem. How about stopping the criminals which the people (victims) do not have a chance to stop before they become a problem eh?
    And that's what the rest of the Police get funded to do.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I went up to Kaikoura a year ago and through the Hunderless and was impressed with the repair job as far as Oaro. Sure it was gravely not extreme though. 2 reasons why I may have found it easier than some though is I was on an adventure bike and am not a Rossi wannabe.
    Fuck off........
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    R6
    And that's what the rest of the Police get funded to do.

So 79% of police work is spent solving problems the victims had no chance to solve themselves? Seems a bit contrary to your earlier post...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    So 79% of police work is spent solving problems the victims had no chance to solve themselves? Seems a bit contrary to your earlier post...
    Solving, preventing, attending, recording, preparing for court. Amongst other things.

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    Ummmm, this used to be a thread about the Kaikoura road, now it's a dick measuring contest.....
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    suzuki
    Solving, preventing, attending, recording, preparing for court. Amongst other things.
    you forgot donut munching

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by babysteps View Post
    Ummmm, this used to be a thread about the Kaikoura road, now it's a dick measuring contest.....
    Give it another 27 pages and it'll be back on track...

Bike
    Yo momma

Writing tickets for 105kph on a clear day is total revenue gathering and does fuck all to prevent anything except to make more people think all cops are cunts.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Writing tickets for 105kph on a clear day is total revenue gathering and does fuck all to prevent anything except to make more people think all cops are cunts.
    Thanks for sharing your valued opinion.

Thread Information