Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19 years old german w&t

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNZ View Post
    Am I right in saying that you want to get rid of me because you think I am an idiot?
    The more you post ... the more obvious it becomes ...

I knew that this is a great community here.
    This is an online motorcycle forum. No more or less.

Thank you for being respectful and open minded.
    You're NOT ... why should HE be ... ???

I think it is great how you accept other people's opinion. Keep it up.

Cheers

Peter
    YOU DON'T ... keep it up ...

Cheers

FJ
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    You don't 'drive' a motorcycle in NZ. You 'ride' it!
    I think he was referring to the tourist that killed his girlfriend ... that was driving a car.

The German tourist killed near Christchurch that was no stranger to NZ roads, He'd been here a few times and rented a bike from the same firm. No mention of blame or wrong-doing on his part.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    We can keep on splitting hairs but it gets boring. ACC pays all medical bills. I say it again, I was talking about damage to other people. ACC doesn't pay funeral cost, transfer cost to your or their home country, legal cost, damages to property, cars, reparation payments like in the case of the guy who killed his friend ($5000) etc.
    You seem to assume that any accident that he may be involved in ... will somehow be automatically HIS fault ... ???

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole8991 View Post
    Another question just popped up while thinking about costs. I know it depends on many things, but do you know how much it will be for 100km in mountains ?
    It usually averages itself out ... down hill you will use less fuel than up hill. More fuel used in a head wind than with a tail wind etc.

Don't keep the throttle kept wide open in all situations on the road ... and you may not notice much difference in fuel usage. It can be hard on small bike too ...

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I think he was referring to the tourist that killed his girlfriend ... that was driving a car.
    I was referring to the OP.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Kawasaki z750
    Peternz: i know you want to help me and everything you told me is important. When it comes to respect, think about how to tell others your opinion. I'm maybe a young beginner but there is no reason to talk to me in a different way.
    FJRider: thanks a lot for helping me out also
    Navyboy
    And guys, discussion is good but we are bikers not girls. I dont know how it is in nz but it cant be so different from the community in germany. So this is a forum but we are a community of bikers. I think thats the most important thing you have to learn as a biker (after learning not to kill yourself).
    So ride save and stay cool. If there is any question left, i know where to ask 👌
    Thanks

Bike
    '14 Z1000SX, '10 Duc F1098S, '03 Z1000
    Ole, just read this thread. I am doing a similar thing - my wife and I are spending 3 months touring around NZ from the States - but at the other end of the spectrum. I just retired and figured I better do this now before I am too old an decrepit ;-). When I was picking up my bike at Red Baron, Cherisse mentioned that two Europeans guys had picked up small bikes the day before to do the same thing.

Be careful out there. Someone on here told me that driving on the left was more of a suggestion than a rule and now that I am out riding, I have found that to be true. Coming around a tight corner on a narrow road you might find a vehicle coming the other way half way in your lane.

Don't know if our paths will cross, but if they do, I would be happy to meet up. If you PM me, I can give you me contact info.

Safe travels.

Bike
    gsx250
    Just another piece of advice. If you see a yellow sign with a number and a directional arrow then this is a recommended corner speed sign. It tells you how fast you are recommended to go and which way the corner goes. The 55 km per hour and up are pretty easy sweeping corners so you can judge for yourself how fast you're comfortable going but 35 and under are very tight, blind and sometimes even camber ed. I would implore you to follow the 35 and under speeds. Until you are comfortable with what they're like.

I live in Auckland. I am free on weekends or after work at 4:30pm. We can go for a ride sometime of you like.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Kawasaki z750
    Hey axil. Nice to hear from you. I also plan to pick up a bike at red baron but also looking for alternatives. Just entered this forum, so i try to contact you by privat messenging maybe ?
    Thanks for the info about the signs, really helpful and smart. Do you think there is a way to contact the two european guys ?

Bike
    '14 Z1000SX, '10 Duc F1098S, '03 Z1000
    Hi Ole. I thought that you were the European guys Cherisse mentioned to me lol. Are you here in NZ yet? If you private message me, I will send you my contact info. I am here until April.

Also watch for animal dung in the corners, as well as gravel. Yeah, that happened to me yesterday, a big pile of cow droppings at the apex.

Bike
    Kawasaki z750
    Found a suzuki bandit 600 from 1997 and I was told its lams approved. Just need a save way to fix my 70 l bag on the back and pay 2500$ +installation of the bagholdersystem. What do you think my fellows ?

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS

Suzuki 600

There are two Suzuki 600 motorcycles that are on the LAMS approved list - the GSR600U and the GSX-R600U so if the motorcycle that you are proposing to buy is registered as one of these two then it is LAMS approved. If it is not registered exactly as per these model descriptions then it is probably not a LAMS approved machine. And the motorcycle needs to be unmodified as well.

The Police may not worry too much if it is LAMS or not but the insurance company most certainly will if you are making a claim for damage to the motorcycle or to something that you may have hit and damaged.

Bike
    98 F650
    A Suzuki GSF600(S), the bandit you're talking about, is NOT a lams approved bike.
    For lams you'll be after a bike with about half the power of that bandit and if you want 4 cylinders I'd guess it will be under 500cc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Yo momma
    Have a great time but remember, don't mention the war...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

Bike
    Kawasaki z750
    Really ? 😂😂 cant stop laughing 😂

Thread Information