Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: squicking the cops

Bike
    2003 BMW F650cs

Blah squicking the cops

Have you ever squicked the cops?

First off I should say what squicking is. It is when you cause some one to go huh? or a double take. the candid camera series is an example of complex squicking.

Any way today I was riding down the back streets when I pased a police cruiser I thout am I doign anything wrong? Nope. Ok lets go.

As soon as I hit the down hill part I see them behind me lights a-flashing.

What did I do!?
    I thougt so I pull over, still on my bike i look back and they arn't moving so I get off the bike and then they get out of the car! (what did they think I was going to do?)

Any way once I had taken my lid off I ask whats wrong, they ask to see my licence so I quickly explain that my L plate was stolen recently, and handed over the licence.

When I ask why he pulled me over he says that they thought I had no helmet on. (had the jaguar fur on and my long hair flying) I doubled over laughing so much my sides hurt. They said I shouldn't have a camoflaged helmet on.

I think I made them feel silly becasue they started asking about why I had a collar on (green leather with studs) and what my facination with cats were. (had on a T-shirt with a jaguar snarling on the front)
    And where I came from etc and some rather personal qustions. good thing they didnt ask about the handcuffs which were hanging off my belt.

Any way after they turned aroudn and left I went on my way and as soon as I was around the corner I stood up on the pegs and rode the entier way home like that jsut to spite them for stoping me.

Any stories that you guys have?

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Don't know about double takes, but I've got a lot of filthy looks when their laser didn't register a speed.
    Lou

Bike
    07 R1

squicking...

No squicking as such. But Mr Fuzzwa certainly follows the Corona when I go past. The graphics make you stand out like dogs proverbials.

ching

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Ummmmmm.....once of a Sunday evening taking off from the lights on Maxwell Straight (North Shore), by the KFC, I red lined through the first 3 gears (the road was clear, I know, no excuse)
    What I didnt notice was the cop and tow truck attending to a minor prang across the road. The following rider, who was being totally law abiding, said 3 heads snapped around in unison, and followed my swift departure down the road, the cop with pen poised, motionless above his pad,with a total stunned mullet look on his face.
    I was accused of doing it on purpose

What a bugger I didnt see them!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by ching_ching
    No squicking as such. But Mr Fuzzwa certainly follows the Corona when I go past. The graphics make you stand out like dogs proverbials.

ching
    What graphics do you have Ching_ching? Sorry

I haven't been pulled up yet but I'm sure it will happen - oh the joy. Not.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    erm Kasper's (Honda GL 145)
    Here I was thinking that the Police were decent and understanding (naivety?) To me it they sound like a couple of tossers. Feh

Bike
    07 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Sea_lily
    What graphics do you have Ching_ching? Sorry

I haven't been pulled up yet but I'm sure it will happen - oh the joy. Not.
    Hi Celtic,

Here's a small piccy of my baby in her hutch. Same model as ColdKiwi's I believe.

Different graphics which is why it get's the stares. Now if only the rider's ability matched up to the visual appeal of the bike!

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foy
    Here I was thinking that the Police were decent and understanding (naivety?) To me it they sound like a couple of tossers. Feh
    Here's one to restore your faith in the coppers.

On the way to work this morning, riding between Melling and Koroko on SH2 going to Wellington, I was lanesplitting and ahead of me was an HP in a Falcon.

I thought "Oh well, the traffic's stopped, I'll just split past them, making sure I indicate so I'm fully within the law"

Anyway, I go past the cop (who's in the right lane) and just as I'm going past him, the car in the left lane (Pajero - now there's a surprise) decides it's a bad idea for me to do this and swerves to the right to cut me off.

I managed to avoid both cars and whattayaknow? there's the flashing lights. I stop the bike at the side of the road, expecting to get a HUGE ticket, and to my surprise, the cop gets out of the car, tells me to get on my way, and proceeds to give the creep in the Pajero a ticket.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    i was splitting on sh1 between cambridge and hamilton a couple of weeks ago - past a fucking diesel smoke spewing pajero too it was - line of trucks coming - me still on my side of the road, indicator on, hp car behind the trucks. saw his brake lights come on -thought 'nah can't be me' so kept cruising at 108k. almost into hamilton, suddely the hp car is next to me, pointing me in.
    'so why'd ya stop me? i wasn't doing anything wrong'
    'well, you could have been.......isn't this just a tricked up RGV??? i used to have one of those. have a nice day'

power wheelie into the traffic away from there i did

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by kasper
    First off I should say what squicking is. It is when you cause some one to go huh? or a double take. the candid camera series is an example of complex squicking.
    Are you sure, Kasper? Really, reeeaaallly sure????
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=squicking
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    well he could always add his own definition, but i think squicking should be left to the sick fucks.

Bike
    2003 BMW F650cs
    Quote Originally Posted by What?
    Are you sure, Kasper? Really, reeeaaallly sure????
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=squicking
    i didnt kown that.

most peopel i know define squicking as the way i said before. thaks for the info any way.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Must admit; I'd be quite happy not knowing that, either.
    Sometimes google is not nice
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

In the good old days when the helmet law first came in we were not too pleased and used to wear all sorts of horrible things just to wind the cops up.One day a mate and I go to the pub to pick up crate of big ones - so I'm sitting on the back with a wooden crate on my lap....a bike cop had been watching us,and as we came out of the car park and onto the road he pulled us over.He's disapointed to find the T'bird is legal and my mate even has a license...but he's not giving up,so starts picking on my mates scuzy helmet - you can't wear something like that,it has to be a legal helmet,not some kids toy helmet.My mate took his helmet off and showed him the standards marking...and that it was exactly the same as the one the he was wearing! standard MOT issue.That shut him up!
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    On the way to work this morning, riding between Melling and Koroko on SH2 going to Wellington, I was lanesplitting and ahead of me was an HP in a Falcon.
    I thought "Oh well, the traffic's stopped, I'll just split past them, making sure I indicate so I'm fully within the law"
    Ok then would someone please explain to the south Islander what lane spliting is

Now Im thinking that its riding between to rows of traffic eather both going in the same direction or opisite. Eather way I would think that this is eleagle weather you indercate or not. You would most likely be done for dangerous or cearless, indercating or not.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information