Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new yamaha 125cc 4 stroke scooter engine question.

Bike
    scooter

Brand new yamaha 125cc 4 stroke scooter engine question.

So question is is there any thing i could do within a reasonable cost to make it go like 20km faster? i can get to 85kph at moment, and theres alot of people with the same scooter but they have added there own exhausts and some other little eletrical device or some thing :S, i dont know any thing but if u guys can help me that would be kewl.
    Thanks

Bike
    scooter
    Well i can get up to 100 on a complete flat with no wind at all but that would be struggling

Bike
    scooter
    85 feels like its about its max speed if u include wind etc mabey a bit less

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Check out RC Scooters. He does a big bore kit which seems pretty popular. The zuma is very similar to the Cygnus, or if you have the later model here in NZ it might even be exactly the same. Cylinder and head wise i'm sure they are the same. Crankshafts are different. RC Scooters are on Facebook and a link to the web site and the kit is here: https://www.rcscooters.com/product-p...-jqTh9DNm6n49Q.

I have a bunch of his stuff in my Yamaha Cygnus at the moment. Very nice gear and good service. Chris Cey is his name.

Bike
    scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Check out RC Scooters. He does a big bore kit which seems pretty popular. The zuma is very similar to the Cygnus, or if you have the later model here in NZ it might even be exactly the same. Cylinder and head wise i'm sure they are the same. Crankshafts are different. RC Scooters are on Facebook and a link to the web site and the kit is here: https://www.rcscooters.com/product-p...-jqTh9DNm6n49Q.

I have a bunch of his stuff in my Yamaha Cygnus at the moment. Very nice gear and good service. Chris Cey is his name.
    Hey thanks, its a 125cc tricity ( 2 wheels at front ), do you think within the price range of 500$ i could easily get another 20-30kph, but if doing this in any way has long term effects like decreasing scooter life then i definitly dont want.

Some guy also had this eletronic thing where i duno but aparently it increased accleration and it had a adjustable little nob that it came with, i dont know what it adjusted but yeah if u know what i mean and if that also doesn't negativly effet scooter im interested in that also.

Thanks and please just excuse spelling ill assume u still understand what i mean

Bike
    CX500
    Save the $500 and buy a 250 (or 300).

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    the big bore kit is US$318. not so cheap but complete. Bolt it in and away you go. As the yanks say "there's no replacement for displacement". I dont know if the engines are the same but I can't imagine Yamaha making a whole new engine, plus the back end looks suspiciously scooter-like

Bike
    Yo momma
    What does kewl mean?

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    Trade in for a 250+ it's the best option if you need to reach motorway speeds of 100kph regularly. If you prefer 3 wheels, there's the Yamaha Niken....

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    125cc's ruleeeeee make great commuters but yeahh if you wanna sit @ or above legal speed limit a 2fiddy would be betterer

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    What does kewl mean?

Cool. Fuckers can't spell anymore.

Also they buy scooters that top out at 85-90 then want them to go faster

This is the people who will run the country one day - or at least vote for who runs it. Provided they have the 'Kewl' app to vote on.

Bike
    CX500
    Why do people buy 3 wheeled "motorbikes" anyway? Like what's the appeal? Because I don't see it. Just so you don't have to put your foot down at the lights??

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    so they dont have to get a motorcycle license I would have thought?

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    It's a scary thought that someone with no previous motorcycle experience might be able to legally ride a 900 triple using their car licence.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Well, my Cygnus (Yammie 125 4T single) would top out at about 85-90 before I ripped the airbox off and put that ridiculous exhaust on it. Now it sits comfortably @ 100 but fuel economy has well and truly gone out the window and it fouls plugs like a motherfucker.

I think I remember you making a similar thread about bigbore kits?

At the end of the day, I know someone with a 125 4T scoot' who has done the whole big-bore thing, I know one person who got a small turbo (possibly from an old Gallant, I can't remember) and boosted his Scoot'. There are all sorts of things you can do but as most people have said, it's better all 'round to just get a bigger bike if you're looking to do it in a way that's reliable and dependable. What's the point of getting an extra 20kmph if you're going to be rebuilding every 6 months and constantly riding everywhere with The AA on speed dial, you know?

Your call, again I'll refer you to WEBIKE which is an awesome place to get parts for jap bikes and scooters but overall I think a bigger bike/scoot' is your best option.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Thread Information